Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Going solo into a dungeon a bad thing?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
I just finish Knight's Court and now I moved on to Kat'z Lab. Apparently, none of my friends can go there yet and MB is pretty empty in the morning, so I was thinking, "Is it okay to solo through the whole thing?"

~ Scarlet Cloud Thaumaturge - Lvl 33

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
bhodgkins on Dec 27, 2012 wrote:
I just finish Knight's Court and now I moved on to Kat'z Lab. Apparently, none of my friends can go there yet and MB is pretty empty in the morning, so I was thinking, "Is it okay to solo through the whole thing?"

I have soloed that with quite a few of my wizards and it can be done - just plan for a little extra time and take your time getting though the roof tops to avoid unwanted fights this will extend the time in there and put wear on your wizard.

Start lighting the chimneys when you first enter the last area to avoid double back.

Have your gear current, your potion bottles full and deck set up to allow for the fights you will face and you should be fine.

If you are defeated return alone on the sigil to resume the dungeon with in 20 mins. If you get disconnected all progress is lost.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
It depends on how hard the dungeon is and how comfortable you are with soloing.
I can't really remember how hard Katzenstein's lab is, but I soloed it with my ice. Make sure your gear is good enough for it (as it is in Marleybone you may be pulled into battles, so consider filling your potions) and, if you want, use treasure cards. Katzenstein does have 2,000 health and most of the bosses have about 1,500 (if I remember correctly) so the best thing for this dungeon would probably be to get help.
Good luck!
-Fiona Mythsinger, Legendary Pyromancer and Natalie Wintergem, Magus Thaumaturge

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
well since 1,300 + 1,500 + 2,000 = 4,800 hp to defeat.
i also recommend bringing some minion cards, thats what I did when I went to Katzensteins lab.
and if you're thinking about going into Big Ben Tower alone as well, I recommend NOT going alone.

~ Jennifer EmeraldBlood lvl 37 Balance Magus

Survivor
Dec 23, 2012
Jennifer EmeraldBl... on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
well since 1,300 + 1,500 + 2,000 = 4,800 hp to defeat.
i also recommend bringing some minion cards, thats what I did when I went to Katzensteins lab.
and if you're thinking about going into Big Ben Tower alone as well, I recommend NOT going alone.

~ Jennifer EmeraldBlood lvl 37 Balance Magus
I agree with Jennifer! If you go into katzenstein's lab, bring minion cards or have some crowns to buy minions in the shop. Don't go into big ben alone, get at least a grandmaster to go in with you, it will go quicker. Also make sure you can heal yourself, and buy some potions from the potion vender in the fairgrounds! They help big time!

-Kyle Storm lvl 32 storm Magus and lvl 56 fire grandmaster

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I soloed Marley with both my death and fire wizards and had no problem with it. Towards the end, it was more challenging. The HARDEST battle I had was Smogger, on the other side of Kaz's lab, which isn't a quest monster, it's an extra. the only thing in Marley I did NOT do solo was Kensington Avenue. i wound up doing it MUCH later with my fire guy (after he at least L60) - because that's when I went back to it.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
No problem. I did it with my first Myth wiz, had to do it twice to figure out best deck combination. I solo almost everything (and I die a lot ! )

Good luck

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
I think you should have 2 people at a time in a dungon

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010

With the right gear,stats,deck and strategy the whole game can be soloed. So give it a shot and change your strategy to fit each battle. You will make it through eventually.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Of course it's okay to solo. I've soloed 90% of the game. I don't see the problem, or why anyone would insist that you need help. Just have your potions full, mark and port if necessary and you should be fine.