Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Harry Potter fans out there: check this out!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 09, 2011
Wizard Chess! That's right folks, you heard me right! Wizard chess! Hahaha, in Harry Potter they play wizard chess, that's where all the pieces come to life and they snake across the board at the opponents. Chess is an important game to learn that increases the strategic side of you! In the game, let's say a knight takes a rook. the knight would come up next to the rook, use the knight's sword, and slash the rook in half. "Wizard Chess is a very violent game" J.K. Rowling said in third-person view in the Harry Potter series, i think in like the fifth book or something. Is it just me, or should we have Wizard Chess on Wizard101? It could be like a fairground game!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Just Add Bacon on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
Wizard Chess! That's right folks, you heard me right! Wizard chess! Hahaha, in Harry Potter they play wizard chess, that's where all the pieces come to life and they snake across the board at the opponents. Chess is an important game to learn that increases the strategic side of you! In the game, let's say a knight takes a rook. the knight would come up next to the rook, use the knight's sword, and slash the rook in half. "Wizard Chess is a very violent game" J.K. Rowling said in third-person view in the Harry Potter series, i think in like the fifth book or something. Is it just me, or should we have Wizard Chess on Wizard101? It could be like a fairground game!
It couldn't be like the books/movies at all due to copyright infringement. Perhaps something similar.
However, chess is not a quick game at all so that could be an issue.
Still, it's worth a shot! :)

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
i highly respect you, RavenLady, so thank you! lol

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
I love Wizard Chess so ya maybe you should put Wizard Chess on Wizard101 because it has Wizard in the name. And I love Harry Potter and I already read all the Harry Potter series. So ya you should put Wizard Chess on Wizard101.

Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
It would be an amazing game, but what about the rights to it? It would take a while to gain the rights, and even then, they might want to something similar.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Gonna try this post again, not sure why my last one didn't post, though I have an idea. Anyhow, a Battle Chess game could work. There was an OLD battle chess game I played on a console ages ago, that had all kinds of mythological creatures in it. You played chess like normal, but when one person went to take another person's piece, you'd enter a battle screen and fight it out; winner take all. This type of thing COULD be done in W101 using the already copywritten monsters/attacks. It would be a HUGE undertaking, no doubts there, but it could be a lot of fun to do.

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
wow that sounds wicked! lol

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Dec 18, 2012 wrote:
wow that sounds wicked! lol
btw when i said that sounds awesome i meant dayerider's idea, not my idea. XD lol oops sorry! mighta looked like i was talking about my own idea being awesome... which maybe isn't so much anymore...

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
lol Jade, I was wondering about that lol Yeah, the old battle chess game was awesome and a ton of fun. Wish I could tell you the name, but KI won't let me use another game's name in a post. I spent hours playing it, with lots of people.

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
dayerider on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
lol Jade, I was wondering about that lol Yeah, the old battle chess game was awesome and a ton of fun. Wish I could tell you the name, but KI won't let me use another game's name in a post. I spent hours playing it, with lots of people.
I believe i can figure it out, i can ask my dad, who's a total web surfer (i'm sure since i started playing chess he's seen something about online chess games) and if he doesn't produce anything i'll ask my mom, who's a website programmer. I wanna follow in her footsteps! lol

Explorer
Nov 04, 2012
guys you would be stealing the rights for it from the movie company

Survivor
May 26, 2010
Great Idea, But I suggest a similar game idea. Wizards could collect monster cards and buy giant game boards for their home. When they decide to play it, a wizard could compete with you and play chess. When you take a piece, it shows your monster attacking the monster it takes. If you win, you get one of your opponents monster cards. It could be a trading game AND a version of Wizard Chess at the same time.
Another idea is that we could have small board games to take up space on coffee tables and such. you could play them with another wizard.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
make sure you help them narrow down their search by telling them it was a computer game, from a big name computer (there weren't that many of them) that only had 64k of memory (128k of memory in the newer version), in the 80's. The company is still around today, a HUGE company for video games. That info should help them figure it out. If I could only give you the name it would be MUCH easier lol

Survivor
Apr 26, 2012
i like the sound of it. if wizad chess was on there i would play it ALL the time

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
Forget Wizard Chess! What about Quidditch! Now THAT would be a great in house game to play!!!