Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm needs a DoT spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2012
Storm needs a DoT spell similar to the fire elf. This spell should be available from the storm professor. I think this would help balance the unfair resist and tower shield spamming that Ice has.

Survivor
May 09, 2012
balance doesn't get a DOT spell either so I tend to use the poison cards I get from stinkweed A LOT it seems to help a bit.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
Storm is not a do over time school fire is. I am a level 76 storm wizard and have never needed a do over time spell.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Storm is the last school that should have a DoT spell, Storm is way too powerful by itself, cast shield? No shield can hold back all the blades and the strength of the spell. Storm is the strongest school, you do not need a DoT, I think Balance should get a DoT spell.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
I've never needed a sorm dot in my time paying on storm, and besides the theme of storm is a surge of ultimate energy at one time, doesn't sound like a dot to me. Again it's not that we need one, we just want one.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
storm don't need Dot it mean they can get there critical up to 300+
shield is the only thing that help us for there damage

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Some amount of words: Mutate fire elf into storm elf :)

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
One question: Did Storm Hound Vanish into thin air?

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
While it's not a horrible idea, we do have Storm Hound (if you can't get the pet there is an amulet with it.) and Storm Elf.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
The PvE Master on Feb 23, 2013 wrote:
One question: Did Storm Hound Vanish into thin air?
I think the OP wants something like fire elf. Personally storm hound rocks as a DoT.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
I think the OP wants something like fire elf. Personally storm hound rocks as a DoT.
Imagine the chaos in the arena then, all storms would just duel together. One would spam storm DoT, forcing the other team to heal and shield, then hte other charges a big attack. A storm DoT is way too dangrous t this current stage of pvp.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AstroStorm on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
Imagine the chaos in the arena then, all storms would just duel together. One would spam storm DoT, forcing the other team to heal and shield, then hte other charges a big attack. A storm DoT is way too dangrous t this current stage of pvp.
Is that not what people are complaining about as it is now? 4 storms team up, 3 spam Tempest, while 1 blades and uses Storm Lord or Sirens? Maybe I was missing something, but I could have sworn people were whining about this not that long ago.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
AlexSoulhaven on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
Some amount of words: Mutate fire elf into storm elf :)
I tottally agree i was srsly going to say that!

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Darth JT on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
Is that not what people are complaining about as it is now? 4 storms team up, 3 spam Tempest, while 1 blades and uses Storm Lord or Sirens? Maybe I was missing something, but I could have sworn people were whining about this not that long ago.
DoT's are generally stronger than a normal card, so it's more of a panic, again. It seems like most people on here are only arguing for the pvp threat and not the pve benefit, then again it is the pvp section.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
I completely agreeStorm has no DoT spells, and they need one badly. In a 2v2 on my adept storm, I am hopeless against people who use storm shields, as I cant get rid of them without attacking, using up my blades that I was saving for a big attack.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
Archon01 on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
Storm needs a DoT spell similar to the fire elf. This spell should be available from the storm professor. I think this would help balance the unfair resist and tower shield spamming that Ice has.
Storm doesnt need it, they have the highest critical damage and pierce, they can obliderate any shields. Combine that with infallible and you got a lethal weapon. If storm had a dot they would be way too overpowered.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
on belloq it is impossible with a storm wizard! I need a DoT without using my fire elve treasure card.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
I'm a Storm wizard myself, and I have seen that there is a Mutate Storm elf in the Bazaar.

Amber NightBlossom, Level 76 Storm
Kestrel AshThorn, level 13 Death

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
Archon01 on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
I 100% agree i keep having these spamming problems and also i would win more often cause right now i'm a weak noob

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
AstroStorm on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
DoT's are generally stronger than a normal card, so it's more of a panic, again. It seems like most people on here are only arguing for the pvp threat and not the pve benefit, then again it is the pvp section.
DoTs don't bother me much. I almost always live through them but a storm DoT is ridiculous that's fires thing.

Wolf Nightcaller balance lvl 90 1st age warlord

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
i think storm wizards need and overtime attack , but at the same time we dont. most storm wizards when there matches in one or two attacks but with an over time attack the damage is spreaded out and life can just remove the attack anyway so you get less thelf th attack damage anf you just wasted some pips

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
Yes Storm does!! Saying that it shouldn't is like saying all the schools can get high health, resist, and a DoT exept Storm (Balance would not need one cause there is no Balance shield.) Something like 240 damage plus a 1000 damage over time.