Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice wyvern may cast snow shield not working

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
i have had my ice wyvern pet for about a month the first day i got it i got the talent may cast snow shield i have been in so many battles it has never worked are your guys ice wyvern pet not casting snow shield please let me know

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
fish101202 on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
i have had my ice wyvern pet for about a month the first day i got it i got the talent may cast snow shield i have been in so many battles it has never worked are your guys ice wyvern pet not casting snow shield please let me know
The key to this is "may" cast. It also may not.

Some pets seem to cast more than others... I'm not sure if there's a 'trigger' for this or not since my Wyvern didn't get this talent.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
Some spells require your pet to be a certain age. Some pets just come with the spell and you can use it, no matter what age they are. But specific cards require specific skills. Is your pet already grown up and you casted it and it's just not working? Or do you mean it's grayed out?

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
if you train your pet's power bar and level it up, it will have a potential boost of casting spells more often. Also, there are triggers to may casts talents. My snowball may cast a snow shield when an ice attack hits you. My ice hound may cast balanceblade when i use an attack on my opponent. The most common is spritely. This is triggered when any one player or enemy takes damage or health is regenerated. This also counts for overtime spells. Look up more on www.wizard101central.com/wiki under the pets tab.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Simple test to determine the pet's trigger. Go find an easy (ice school) enemy in a secluded spot. Choose a realm that is not crowded.

1) Let the enemy attack you, don't fight back. Just sit and watch After about 20 rounds if your pet has not performed a 'may cast' then apparently the trigger has not been made. Repeat to be sure.

2) Find another enemy and load your deck with with silly small spells. Attack your enemy almost every round with the little spells (try not to kill the enemy). After about 20 rounds if your pet has not performed a 'may cast' then I agree, your pet's talent is pretty useless.

Repeat the same test against non-ice school enemy. The shield might only be triggered when fighting ice enemy, or enemies that cast ice school spells.

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
RottenHeart on Dec 9, 2012 wrote:
Simple test to determine the pet's trigger. Go find an easy (ice school) enemy in a secluded spot. Choose a realm that is not crowded.

1) Let the enemy attack you, don't fight back. Just sit and watch After about 20 rounds if your pet has not performed a 'may cast' then apparently the trigger has not been made. Repeat to be sure.

2) Find another enemy and load your deck with with silly small spells. Attack your enemy almost every round with the little spells (try not to kill the enemy). After about 20 rounds if your pet has not performed a 'may cast' then I agree, your pet's talent is pretty useless.

Repeat the same test against non-ice school enemy. The shield might only be triggered when fighting ice enemy, or enemies that cast ice school spells.
also, it would seem that pets use may casts more after frequent training session, try testing this theory out and tell me what you think