Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Multi-school bosses in Azteca~ WHAT?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I was doing a bit of questing with a friend today and we got to the first dungeon~ boss was Storm, fine and well, got my stun blocks out... but why is he casting Ice and Balance spells as well? The last thing anyone needs is Storm spamming tower shields... Is this a bug, or something done to annoy us on purpose?

no love,
-von

Explorer
Aug 21, 2009
I don't think is a bug, I saw it through out ALL of Azteca.

Ice Bosses casting Storm Lord again and again.
Life Bosses casting Efreet again and again.
Storm Bosses casting Dr. Von's Monster again and again.

I don't have a problem with Bosses casting different school spells. But the problems is that this spells are SCHOOL SPECIFIC spells. Only the people from THAT school can get it.

But, I know KI only wants to make things more difficult and that's why they do this.

Happy (or Torturous) Questing! :)

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
some bosses wear mastery amulets

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
LOL ive been noticing this alot too. Alot of mixing going on in this world but hey its new and its nice to switch it up on us and keep us on our toes.

No more just switching gear for a battle now. Gotta use your head in the fight haha.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
It's not a bug. Professor Greyrose stated in another post that the boss[es] in this world have Mastery Amulets. joy.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
It has been mentioned in the update notes, Azteca enemies have mastery amulets....they are able to cast powerpip and spells from two schools (just like we can).

https://www.wizard101.com/game/updates

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
I been noticing this a lot too. They wear mastery amulets. If you dont beleive me look them up at www.wizard101central.com

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Yeah they also do high damage with secondary school, which we do not have.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
This is one of the complaints I agree with. Kinda annoying getting hit with efreet constantly by a death mob. I say leave the spells, but take away mastery so they have to use up pips.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2012
yeah it stinks that they have amulets

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
The answer is simple KI just wants to make this game a little bit more challenging for us wizards but don't give up on them I am sure they will come out with some fantastic idea!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Orbit100 on Dec 18, 2012 wrote:
The answer is simple KI just wants to make this game a little bit more challenging for us wizards but don't give up on them I am sure they will come out with some fantastic idea!
it's not difficult~ just aggravating, and hard to set up my deck properly.

it's been about 15-20 levels since my balance wiz last played with a full deck (so the cards i need will show up when i need them) and it's extremely difficult to set up properly if you don't know what you're in for. for example, there's no sense packing stun blocks for a life boss, because life doesn't stun... but then, a life boss hits me with storm lord and starts chain-stunning. and, at this level, a bad deck setup is often the difference between victory and instant defeat.

i don't want to use a pvp mindset in pve, and i shouldn't have to.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Dr Von on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
it's not difficult~ just aggravating, and hard to set up my deck properly.

it's been about 15-20 levels since my balance wiz last played with a full deck (so the cards i need will show up when i need them) and it's extremely difficult to set up properly if you don't know what you're in for. for example, there's no sense packing stun blocks for a life boss, because life doesn't stun... but then, a life boss hits me with storm lord and starts chain-stunning. and, at this level, a bad deck setup is often the difference between victory and instant defeat.

i don't want to use a pvp mindset in pve, and i shouldn't have to.
What? You don't play with a full deck? Gee, I always thought you played "a few cards shy of a full deck" .... LOL

Von, sorry, I couldn't help myself (are ya still my questing buddy?)

LOVE YA!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
What? You don't play with a full deck? Gee, I always thought you played "a few cards shy of a full deck" .... LOL

Von, sorry, I couldn't help myself (are ya still my questing buddy?)

LOVE YA!
haha, i should have seen that one coming... that's one of the reasons you're my questing buddy!

but yes, it's frustrating. i wish there was a way to know who had mastery amulets and what they were. probably too much to ask, but it would help.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Que, Von, Thanks for the laugh. I needed that. lol. I hope you both are having a good time in Azteca.

But on topic, Just another reason I may not be going to AZ. It is one thing facing 2 schools in a boss battle, but when the bosses have the Mastery Amulets....I may have to just go ahead and draw the line and just try to finish Avalon and then start working my younger wizards. Since Mastery Amulets don't figure in my budget, I will just have to do What I can. If and when I can set something up with friends I may take one wiz through but not going to stress over it.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
Que, Von, Thanks for the laugh. I needed that. lol. I hope you both are having a good time in Azteca.

But on topic, Just another reason I may not be going to AZ. It is one thing facing 2 schools in a boss battle, but when the bosses have the Mastery Amulets....I may have to just go ahead and draw the line and just try to finish Avalon and then start working my younger wizards. Since Mastery Amulets don't figure in my budget, I will just have to do What I can. If and when I can set something up with friends I may take one wiz through but not going to stress over it.
If and when you decide to try Azteca, I would be more than happy to help. I promise not to throw you to the wolves (well, not too often - LOL). I'll be sure to take the first circle, and do my best to protect my 'buddy", and I'll be sure to do some serious walloping on the enemy, while you sit back, relax, and sip a soda (LOL).

Anytime!

Administrator
Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
It's because they have mastery amulets.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2011
Hi everyone. First time posting. Been playing for 1 year. Just finished Az last night. The thing about Mastery Amulets on these bosses is:

1) I have a life mastery Amulet because as a fire wizard i don't have much health or resistance. Without it a lot of wizards (mostly fire and storm) would die quickly because in the first round of a fight in Az the bosses and minions start with full PPs. But fire doesn't have decent gear to attack with Life spells (Forest Lord, Centaur, Seraph). If we did wear life attack gear we'd lose even more resistance. I think if a Fire, Storm or Myth wiz wore a death or storm amulet they'd fail unless they have friends helping.
2) These bosses with master amulets have such high health they don't have to worry about health for a long time, plus they start with high pips.

The way I get around it is to wear high resistance gear. But if you have a boss who is death, a minion who is fire, and the boss has a balance mastery, then really you have to go half and half-spirit resistance hat, and elemental resistance boots-the result is average resitance to all. But when i play a fire, storm or ice Boss i have really good resistance and am fine. But when one of those then uses life mastery and plays spinysaur you're dead. i think giving them mastery amulets is fine if they start with same pips as us. But I prefer rather than make them like us, theyjust make bosses cheaters and make rules for the match, then give a reward that makes the fight worth it.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Bulldog197536 on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
Hi everyone. First time posting. Been playing for 1 year. Just finished Az last night. The thing about Mastery Amulets on these bosses is:

1) I have a life mastery Amulet because as a fire wizard i don't have much health or resistance. Without it a lot of wizards (mostly fire and storm) would die quickly because in the first round of a fight in Az the bosses and minions start with full PPs. But fire doesn't have decent gear to attack with Life spells (Forest Lord, Centaur, Seraph). If we did wear life attack gear we'd lose even more resistance. I think if a Fire, Storm or Myth wiz wore a death or storm amulet they'd fail unless they have friends helping.
2) These bosses with master amulets have such high health they don't have to worry about health for a long time, plus they start with high pips.

The way I get around it is to wear high resistance gear. But if you have a boss who is death, a minion who is fire, and the boss has a balance mastery, then really you have to go half and half-spirit resistance hat, and elemental resistance boots-the result is average resitance to all. But when i play a fire, storm or ice Boss i have really good resistance and am fine. But when one of those then uses life mastery and plays spinysaur you're dead. i think giving them mastery amulets is fine if they start with same pips as us. But I prefer rather than make them like us, theyjust make bosses cheaters and make rules for the match, then give a reward that makes the fight worth it.
Bosses have mastery isn't much of a problem, if you think about it all bosses of any school in the higher areas of azteca pretty much have the same health. On top of that even if they can use 2 different class spells they still ususally don't blade or trap as much so the damage really isn't too impressive. I'd say it makes things more interesting and challenging. Yes I do agree on the pips though starting with max pips is a little too much.