Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

can it happen, or will it?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
my sis told me you can get a permanent mount as a drop, but it happens once in a blue moon. i say thats malarky! is it even possible though? plz respond!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Amber Fireheart on Oct 14, 2012 wrote:
my sis told me you can get a permanent mount as a drop, but it happens once in a blue moon. i say thats malarky! is it even possible though? plz respond!
You are correct it is malarky! There are no permanent mounts dropped, only one day ones.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Amber Fireheart on Oct 14, 2012 wrote:
No permanent mounts are ever dropped. You can get one-day mounts. Sorry, your sis is wrong.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I've never encountered a permanent mount as a drop.
You can however buy several mounts for gold.
Basically a two step drop. Sell the drop, buy the mount.
pods

Survivor
Jul 18, 2012
Sorry to burst your bubbles, guys, but some permanent mounts can drop from packs you buy with crowns.

On my very first purchase of a Nightmare Pack, I had a permanent Black Stallion drop.

Here's what I found even on the Wizard Wiki Central site:

" The Black Stallion is a mount that can be bought from both the Crown Shop and Prospector Zeke.
* The 1 Day and Permanent versions are possible rewards from the Nightmare Pack."

So don't despair, it is possible to get permanent mounts as drops. :)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
drummzz7 on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubbles, guys, but some permanent mounts can drop from packs you buy with crowns.

On my very first purchase of a Nightmare Pack, I had a permanent Black Stallion drop.

Here's what I found even on the Wizard Wiki Central site:

" The Black Stallion is a mount that can be bought from both the Crown Shop and Prospector Zeke.
* The 1 Day and Permanent versions are possible rewards from the Nightmare Pack."

So don't despair, it is possible to get permanent mounts as drops. :)
Buying card packs isn't consider "drops" by most players. Drops are rather defined as loot obtained from defeating creatures. The Waterworks gear (as you can't buy it in any fashion) and the Sea Dragon pet (which can be bought from the Crown shop, but also looted from Celestia bosses) is an example of a drop