Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Theme From a Chest (What Else?)

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
So I was in Azteca, Three Points about 5 minutes ago just seeing if there were any reagents or chests there and when I finished a certain Silver Chest I got gold, Sunstone, Dr Von's Monster and an Azteca Dungeon Theme. In the past I've only ever found gold, reagents & TCs in there; but getting this theme made me think. What if we got hats, robes or boots from chests? Maybe even athames, amulets or rings? How about wands? Decks? Mounts? Pets? What about more housing items? Maybe seeds? Snacks (I'm unsure if you can already find them in chests)? Jewels? Maybe even the metal reagents (Brass and Steel are such a pain in the neck)? But those are all fairly simple ideas, here's a few outlandish thoughts:

Chest-Only Items: Like Gold/Silver gear or themed-gear? Maybe some decks that give tons of TC room?

Rare Chest-Only Items: I'd love to see new seeds, especially themed around money. Or gold-boosting jewels other than star?

Ultra-Rare Chest-Only Items: Midas' Dragon pet? Argentum/Aurum gear? Maybe even some hints to Pirate101 with Looter gear?

Unbelievably Rare Chest-Only Items: Like Crowns Items, or Crowns Gear, maybe even Crowns themselves (Like a 1 in 1,000 Silver Chests has 5 Crowns)?

Oh-God-This-Makes-Loremaster-&-Darkmoor-Seem-Easy-Rare Chest-Only Items: How. About. A spell? Not much, but a spell rewarded from say 1 in 1,000,000 Silver Chests? Maybe 1 in 10,000,000 Wooden Chests? So you would either dedicate your life to farming it and in turn KI gets the membership pay. Or so it's something incredible you can get in passing and impress players so much they search for other hidden things or it might just keep them playing that something so incredible exists.

Well that's my 2 cents. Closer to a dollar actually. But let me know you guys' thoughts.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
This reminds me of the situation I had with gardening once. I don't know why.
After the ultra plants update, I was so hyped to get ultra couch potatoes from my garden, considering that they already were one of the best plants in the game, and that ultra couch potatoes could yield epic loot.

But I never got one.

I harvested 10304392583084964902 (exaggerated) couch potatoes in hopes of getting an ultra one. At this point I wondered whether they even existed or not.

But I like your ideas. I really do!
It could encourage people to explore more and collect more chests. After all, a level 110, prodigious wizard really doesn't need to open a wooden chest for a mere 20 or so gold. Save it for the beginners.
But now, everyone will be competing to open these chests! I like it. It will be PVP, but not with battles, heheh.
Also, it gives wizards more opportunities to get unique loot that could enhance their playthrough.

Now let me take the time to explain a hilarious story about when I was once in Unicorn Way, and I saw a wooden chest on the other side of the road. I went to go get it, making sure to avoid the enemies, but as I was almost there, I noticed someone else was going to get it! They were closer than I was, so I knew that they'd get it. SUDDENLY, the other guy got caught in a battle! I was astonished.

I went to the safety of the sidewalk and started dancing in front of the chest. He then typed in a mad face XD

have a nice day

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Great ideas, but I think 1 in 1,000,000 seems a bit too rare.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Kylemoonsword87 on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
Great ideas, but I think 1 in 1,000,000 seems a bit too rare.
It might seem harsh, but keep in mind how difficult it is to get a single spell of 14 from Loremaster; this should 14X as difficult. Now while we've been told before the Loremaster spell drop rate is random, it's still pretty difficult. This should be extremely difficult.