Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Witch's Hoard Pack... Not Too Impressed

AuthorMessage
Delver
May 12, 2012
Hi,

I recently bought 3 witch's hoard pack, hoping for at least 1 good thing like most packs, but I got nothing. I made sure it wasn't just me by watching a pack opening video by Blaze Lifehammer. He bought around 30, and got nothing either. The gear has no crit, no block, just resitance and health. No mount, no pet, no animated penguin housing items, nothing. I was hoping that this pack would be a chance to get cool Polaris items besides farming, but really it isn't that good. Make the chance to get the best items higher, KI? What are your thoughts, wizards?

~ Ali 84

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Mythali126 on Jan 18, 2016 wrote:
Hi,

I recently bought 3 witch's hoard pack, hoping for at least 1 good thing like most packs, but I got nothing. I made sure it wasn't just me by watching a pack opening video by Blaze Lifehammer. He bought around 30, and got nothing either. The gear has no crit, no block, just resitance and health. No mount, no pet, no animated penguin housing items, nothing. I was hoping that this pack would be a chance to get cool Polaris items besides farming, but really it isn't that good. Make the chance to get the best items higher, KI? What are your thoughts, wizards?

~ Ali 84
It has a really cute mount. I keep expecting it to lay an egg.
In fact, that would be great,, if the egg hatched into a pet house.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
What's wrong with buying a billion packs to obtain one mount, or gear with a fancy name and the word Seal in it; or dancing,waving penguins!?!

I like the drops I've received, but I definitely agree having more of the better drops happening quicker, is a good and great thing.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2014
i have not bought them but some of my friends have and they have both the dancing penguin and the mount i think they where lucky cause they only brought like 10 and maybe you where unlucky

Cody dragonspear 110

Delver
May 12, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Jan 19, 2016 wrote:
What's wrong with buying a billion packs to obtain one mount, or gear with a fancy name and the word Seal in it; or dancing,waving penguins!?!

I like the drops I've received, but I definitely agree having more of the better drops happening quicker, is a good and great thing.
Hi,

Billions of packs costs lots of money. When you buy 50 packs that is about 10,000 crowns, which is what I think from the top of my head is 10$. 10$ to get ONE mount. You could've just picked one out of the crown shop for cheaper. I have a different point of view of it.

~ Ali

Delver
May 12, 2012
Valcoor Dragonfind... on Jan 18, 2016 wrote:
It has a really cute mount. I keep expecting it to lay an egg.
In fact, that would be great,, if the egg hatched into a pet house.
Lol That would be pretty cool

~ Ali

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Mythali126 on Jan 20, 2016 wrote:
Hi,

Billions of packs costs lots of money. When you buy 50 packs that is about 10,000 crowns, which is what I think from the top of my head is 10$. 10$ to get ONE mount. You could've just picked one out of the crown shop for cheaper. I have a different point of view of it.

~ Ali
Sarcasm Alert, sarcasm Alert

Sometimes Tyler Wildpants is just sarcastic when he types things.

and since you mentioned mounts; ooh which ones would you buy if you could!?!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I look at it this way. I am paying real money for the pack. I expect NOT to get low level reagents or TC cards. I expect that if gear is involved, that it's at least USEABLE. I'm not say top-of-the-line, but actually has stats that people can use to complement their current gear. The other notable thing is, the gear needs to be WEARABLE. I mean it needs to at least look nice for stitching if the stats stink. In the Witch's hoard pack, neither the stats nor the looks are appealing, so my money spending on the packs stopped immediately.

I do like the Polaris furniture, but I'm not going to spend tons of money just to get it all. The pet you can get as a hybrid from the Ice and Life Yetis. I did happen to get the mount, which I wasn't expecting, actually.

This hoard pack had a lot of potential, but unfortunately, it failed at every level.

Hero
May 02, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Jan 21, 2016 wrote:
I look at it this way. I am paying real money for the pack. I expect NOT to get low level reagents or TC cards. I expect that if gear is involved, that it's at least USEABLE. I'm not say top-of-the-line, but actually has stats that people can use to complement their current gear. The other notable thing is, the gear needs to be WEARABLE. I mean it needs to at least look nice for stitching if the stats stink. In the Witch's hoard pack, neither the stats nor the looks are appealing, so my money spending on the packs stopped immediately.

I do like the Polaris furniture, but I'm not going to spend tons of money just to get it all. The pet you can get as a hybrid from the Ice and Life Yetis. I did happen to get the mount, which I wasn't expecting, actually.

This hoard pack had a lot of potential, but unfortunately, it failed at every level.
Depends on who you ask. For you it may be a failure, but to others I'm sure that it has something that they like. Different strokes for different blokes after all.