Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet card hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 18, 2011
I've been very disappointed in that some of the pets I really like don't have a card, or only have one or worse yet have a card that is totally useless to me. A LOT of really nice pets have been introduced and are being over looked due to now being able to contribute enough to the wizard. The Stained Glass Roller is an awesome pet but the Stormspear doesn't do much good unless you're pvp'ing. I mean come on now if there is a shield up your going to wand, shatter or pierce it and not waist losing all that damage. There are many other pets like that. So couldn't you implement a hatching program? Make it so all pets have 3 slots available for cards, you wouldn't have to add cards to the older pets just the slots and then could be filled in with future hatches.

Explorer
Apr 08, 2011
I agree. Some cards are totally useless unless you have a Mastery Amulet to let you use that card or else it uses up all of your pips.

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
The pet system is good the way it is now, if this was put in the game, it would make Pet Hatching a lot more confusing and produce lots of angry players.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2011
Not if you separated each hatching. So lets say you want to hatch for derby stats, the system would handle it like it normally does not but for the other two areas <PVP/PVE and cards> you'd get a 50/50 chance at ALL the stats from one of the parents.

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
Kenywi on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
Not if you separated each hatching. So lets say you want to hatch for derby stats, the system would handle it like it normally does not but for the other two areas <PVP/PVE and cards> you'd get a 50/50 chance at ALL the stats from one of the parents.
That would make this system even more confusing, I don't get how hatching could be separate from each other.