Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Possible fix to Player vs Player

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 09, 2011
I don't know how to fix the "Player vs player" matches.

Though I think it would be good to test out some ideas other people have that might improve the game for player vs player. (New system, Turn base, ect.)

By this I mean we test out all (if not some) of these ideas.

A way to do this would be to use tournaments for our advantage.

I've never have done a tournament. But from what I saw was that in tournaments is that people will have a short amount of time to win a battle and must follow the rules if any has been set.

If people have ideas to improve the Player vs player format. Or wants things to be more fair.

It should be tested in tournaments for about 5 months or more. (Depending on what has changed) On live realm.
(Or in test realm if its open)

That way people can first try out the new system without forcing other people to change.

Good ideas can be kept and maybe added into Player vs Player. While bad ideas can stay in tournaments or leave.

I feel like this is a decent start but this will mean that for player vs player to be fun again it will take a huge amount of time. (About 5 months or more waiting)

Since it does take time for new ideas to be put into the game.

And since everyone has an idea on how to fix Player vs player.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
The problem is that the wizards who do tournaments may not be a representative sample of the wizards who PvP. A better way would be to temporarily add the changes in to gather feedback (or just do it on the Test Realm), and then decide to make the changes permanent based on that feedback.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2011
Robobot1747 on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:
The problem is that the wizards who do tournaments may not be a representative sample of the wizards who PvP. A better way would be to temporarily add the changes in to gather feedback (or just do it on the Test Realm), and then decide to make the changes permanent based on that feedback.
The reason why I wanted them to be in tournaments was so that way things can be tested without changing the system of the game.

Though I didn't know that "Player vs player" and "Tournaments" had different representatives.

That being said I don't think it should be tested temporarily in game to get feedback. People have a lot of ways to make Player vs player better. And I feel its a bit risky to change things up if everyone is forced to follow the new rules.

That being said, I do agree that it should be on test realm (Or in Tournaments). That way things can be well tested and improved.

If it went to live realm then the players from "Player vs player" would be forced to play under these rules.
Doesn't sound to good.

Also I forgot to add this in my first post. The player's that will be testing these ideas on tournaments will still need to pay with crowns for it. I don't know how much they charge for normal tournaments (If they all cost the same). So maybe having it at a lower cost will give people a higher chance to test it.