Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Branching out Schools

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
This idea has been suggested before but often with very little description of what the new classes would be. I propose we choose, perhaps in the next world, whether to keep training with the Arcanum Scholars or whether we should move on to a different teacher teaching different spells. Let's look at .

's specialty is DoT spells, but they've also been the school to receive Backdraft & Fuel among many other trap cards, so I suggest a new teacher in the next world to offer a new trap spell to all schools and also offering to teach students more one-hit damage & trap themed cards, while Ignus teaches more DoT spells.

's specialty is defence & shields. But those two are generally grouped into one setting. So what if Tarrak taught Ice students mostly damage & weakness themed cards while the new teacher would offer a shield spell to all schools and teach students more shield-themed spells.

is all about damage, but also about charms & blades. So what if Ione continued to teach slightly weaker spells that affect charms & blades (Rusulka's Wrath), while the new teacher offers a new charm spell to everyone but teaches plain damage to students.

is about minions and all types of wards. What did Baba Yaga teach? A minion. But if & are already giving a shield & trap card, I think Baba Yaga should continue teaching minions, but the new teacher should offer everyone a new minion spell as well as teaching ward-themed spells to students.

is about heals and... well not exactly much else. But I suggest we use that. The current teacher Zander would continue to teach mostly attacks while the new teacher will offer a new heal to everybody and teach students mostly heals with some attacks.

's selling point is drains, but some of the damage and weakness buffs can be pretty respectable too. So I propose Qismah continues with the damage & weaknesses, while the new teacher offers a drain spell (possibly a bit too much) or a weakness spell and teaches students drains.

doesn't really have a main thing, but if it did then it should be either more damage or more Elemental/Spirit damage. I'm not too sure, but it could work with Jaki teaching Elemental/Spirit damage spells while the new teacher gives students -damage spells. And they could offer an attack in the opposite school for every school except (like a spell dealing damage), who could instead get a -damage spell.

So what specifics? For a start, with 6/7 new spells (I'm not sure if say gets a heal with the others, or gets a trap) I don't think you should also get a level 118 spell from your teachers. Maybe there should be a limit of 3 or 5 spells that you can learn, but let me know your thoughts in a reply. I'll expand upon this later (preferably when I have more room).

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 29, 2015 wrote:
This idea has been suggested before but often with very little description of what the new classes would be. I propose we choose, perhaps in the next world, whether to keep training with the Arcanum Scholars or whether we should move on to a different teacher teaching different spells. Let's look at .

's specialty is DoT spells, but they've also been the school to receive Backdraft & Fuel among many other trap cards, so I suggest a new teacher in the next world to offer a new trap spell to all schools and also offering to teach students more one-hit damage & trap themed cards, while Ignus teaches more DoT spells.

's specialty is defence & shields. But those two are generally grouped into one setting. So what if Tarrak taught Ice students mostly damage & weakness themed cards while the new teacher would offer a shield spell to all schools and teach students more shield-themed spells.

is all about damage, but also about charms & blades. So what if Ione continued to teach slightly weaker spells that affect charms & blades (Rusulka's Wrath), while the new teacher offers a new charm spell to everyone but teaches plain damage to students.

is about minions and all types of wards. What did Baba Yaga teach? A minion. But if & are already giving a shield & trap card, I think Baba Yaga should continue teaching minions, but the new teacher should offer everyone a new minion spell as well as teaching ward-themed spells to students.

is about heals and... well not exactly much else. But I suggest we use that. The current teacher Zander would continue to teach mostly attacks while the new teacher will offer a new heal to everybody and teach students mostly heals with some attacks.

's selling point is drains, but some of the damage and weakness buffs can be pretty respectable too. So I propose Qismah continues with the damage & weaknesses, while the new teacher offers a drain spell (possibly a bit too much) or a weakness spell and teaches students drains.

doesn't really have a main thing, but if it did then it should be either more damage or more Elemental/Spirit damage. I'm not too sure, but it could work with Jaki teaching Elemental/Spirit damage spells while the new teacher gives students -damage spells. And they could offer an attack in the opposite school for every school except (like a spell dealing damage), who could instead get a -damage spell.

So what specifics? For a start, with 6/7 new spells (I'm not sure if say gets a heal with the others, or gets a trap) I don't think you should also get a level 118 spell from your teachers. Maybe there should be a limit of 3 or 5 spells that you can learn, but let me know your thoughts in a reply. I'll expand upon this later (preferably when I have more room).
So new trap cards, what could they possibly be? Well I'm certain on one thing:

- Balance Prism: 0 pips, 100% acc, Convert damage into damage.

The could mean a random school, it could convert to Elemental/Spirit schools, heck; it could become for all I care. needs a prism and with the new Arcanum the time could be now. But what about the other schools? Given 's surprisingly plentiful AoEs, they could do with a trap like Windstorm. Now they have Khrulhu, I'm sure would love an AoE trap too, but slightly tamer; they already have Curse & Feint. , in my experience at least, doesn't tend to use AoEs a lot so that could be tricky. is much the same. And as for , I was thinking something really unique. So here's my thoughts that are a bit planned out at least.

- Fantasia: 1 pip, 100% acc, +15% damage to all enemies.
- Ensorcell: 1 pip, 100% acc, +10% damage to all enemies.
- Electrum Cage: 0 pips, 100% acc, +10% Pierce to next spell to target enemy. (Like a reverse spear)

That leaves & ; difficult. They both have pretty good traps and the best blades along , so how could a trap be improved for them? I think this could work for :

- Tower Trap: 0 pips, 100% acc, +25% damage to target enemy.

And as for , why not bring back a retired spell with a school change and a revamp?

- Lifebane: 2 pips, 100% acc, Dispel next incoming spell to target enemy.

What do you think? I think they're not too bad but could do with some work. As said in the last post, I don't think should get a trap, but if it did; what stats would you give it? Anyway guys, I'm off to make another reply to this regarding blades. Prepare for lots of OP players if this becomes a thing.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012

Blades = damage, Spears = pierce. My idea? Hammers = critical. This is how it would work:

- Fire Hammer: 0 pips, 100% acc, +10% critical chance to target ally.
- Ice Hammer: 0 pips, 100% acc, +10% critical chance to target ally.

And the same with , , & . Maybe could get a hammer spell in later game, but I feel like for now they critical more than enough at level 110.

But since I've still got lots of space left; let's talk shields. Like the traps, I'm certain of this:

- Balance Shield: 0 pips, 100% acc, -80% incoming damage to target ally.

But the others already have that (one minute while I rage about ). So on the Twitter page 'Wizard101 Spoilers' underneath the Polaris stuff are some scrapped spells. One of them is a spell called Bounceback. But as this is written on the chalkboard, it feels sacrilegious to keep it . Instead, can have Bronze Armor learnable. would want a shield, & can have something experimental for now. What I've put thought into:

- Bronze Armor: 4 pips, 100% acc, Absorb 500 damage to self only.
- Bounceback: 5 pips, 100% acc, -50% to next incoming attack, deal remaining 50% to caster.
- Tesla Plate: 0 pips, 100% acc, -40% incoming damage to target ally.

What I'm unsure of:

- Firewall: 0 pips, 100% acc, +10% block to next incoming attack.
- Deathwall: 0 pips, 100% acc, +10% block to next incoming attack.

Pretty good? I don't know. With the new critical & block changes, it seems like we might need a few more tools to adjust and not start raging at the game. Also, I think I suggested something like Maces that worked like hammers one or two years ago now. So I think we should just have more charms/wards exploring the other mechanics besides damage, defence and recently pierce.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2009
balance.... BALANCE! i hate when people dont recognise that balance do charms and wards for every school! STORM AND DEATH DONT DO BLADES AND TRAPS! balance do them! sorry to shout but.... if we are going to be tossed into support and out of the glory zone at least still give us recognition for helping the killer.... ALSO balance are not of every school any more, why have a balance attacking when storm has glowbug, why have a balance heal when a life has rebirth, why have a balance take damage when ice are just tanky... THESE SPELLS HAVE REMOVED BALANCE FROM EVER BEING THOUGHT TO DO THESE THINGS...

back to the topic of branching out schools
no!
just no... we stick with our teaches and they teach us our normal stuff... schools aren't supposed to suddenly break away from what is there school....

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
yoshi93024 on Dec 30, 2015 wrote:
balance.... BALANCE! i hate when people dont recognise that balance do charms and wards for every school! STORM AND DEATH DONT DO BLADES AND TRAPS! balance do them! sorry to shout but.... if we are going to be tossed into support and out of the glory zone at least still give us recognition for helping the killer.... ALSO balance are not of every school any more, why have a balance attacking when storm has glowbug, why have a balance heal when a life has rebirth, why have a balance take damage when ice are just tanky... THESE SPELLS HAVE REMOVED BALANCE FROM EVER BEING THOUGHT TO DO THESE THINGS...

back to the topic of branching out schools
no!
just no... we stick with our teaches and they teach us our normal stuff... schools aren't supposed to suddenly break away from what is there school....
Trust me, I get it. My main account is a level 62 , and the only reason I'm useful in a group is 3 reasons: Humongofrog, Gargantuan, Myth Mastery Amulet. But have Supercharge & Rusulka's Wrath, has Plague & Virulent Plague & Winged Sorrow. Face it, they do charms well. And while I get the last part, wouldn't it be cool to change from say Necromancer to either Plaguer or Vampire? Wouldn't it be helpful to hone our useful magics and not learn the least useful? Wouldn't it be great to learn a new heal to put up there again?

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012

New heals (totally not just avoiding detailing new minions)! & wizards are probably rejoicing at the thought. So for some of the schools where healing just isn't that relevant, they can have an updated Fairy:

- Pixie Ash: 2 pips, 85% acc, +450 to self only.
- Midnight Pixie: 2 pips, 95% acc, +450 to self only.

I think given 's health they could do with a little more of a stable heal then Healing Current, so:

- Rain Sprite: 2 pips, 80% acc, +450 to target ally.

It's in their school for all 3 of these, making it slightly cheaper. It also heals slightly more, and the accuracy is 3rd arc school accuracy+15%. But & are having their 1st heal in their primary school; it should be more than a boost from level 2.

- Patient Health: 2 pips, 90% acc, +250 per round unless damage is taken. (An endless HoT with the right defence)
- Pandia: 4 pips, 95% acc, 200+600 over 3 rounds to target ally. (50 below & on par with )

Now about . They have the most only healing (not Link) spells except for , so how about an upgrade to Helping/Availing Hands?

- Succouring Hands: 5 pips, 95% acc, 90+1070 over 3 rounds to target ally.

I think these are all fairly good. Maybe the first 3 need to buffed? Maybe 's is OP/UP? Maybe you don't quite understand how it works? Whatever it is, feel free to ask it or point it out in a reply.