Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-18-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizards! We’re teaching our final lessons here at Ravenwood for the year, and grading our final midterms. In that Spirit, I’d also like post a special Feedback Friday celebrating our last Friday before Christmas!

Every year, it’s tradition we look back at the year as a whole, and I’m not one to break tradition! So, let’s hear it – what was your favorite addition, update, change, or improvement to the Spiral in 2015? Was it socketing? Did you really enjoy Polaris? Maybe the fishing tournaments? Perhaps the new pet levels? Whatever it is, we’d like to know!

From us at Ravenwood, to you and yours, we’d like to wish you a safe, warm, and happy holiday. We’ll see you next year and start looking forward to what’s to come in 2016!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Hero
May 07, 2015
Professor Falmea on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
Hi Wizards! We’re teaching our final lessons here at Ravenwood for the year, and grading our final midterms. In that Spirit, I’d also like post a special Feedback Friday celebrating our last Friday before Christmas!

Every year, it’s tradition we look back at the year as a whole, and I’m not one to break tradition! So, let’s hear it – what was your favorite addition, update, change, or improvement to the Spiral in 2015? Was it socketing? Did you really enjoy Polaris? Maybe the fishing tournaments? Perhaps the new pet levels? Whatever it is, we’d like to know!

From us at Ravenwood, to you and yours, we’d like to wish you a safe, warm, and happy holiday. We’ll see you next year and start looking forward to what’s to come in 2016!

i loved EVERYTHING

merry christmas

miranda jade song level 64 wizard

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
i like socketing just a quick question will we be able to socket thing to our gear

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I liked Polaris. Why can't pirate101 have more updates like it?

Survivor
Jul 19, 2013
I loved the Polaris update and new level cap. :) Thanks for working so hard, and such a great year!

Merry Christmas!

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
I've had another great year with you keep going and I'll keep playing . I thought the best thing that came was the new world, thenew hairstyles, new pet level :D and my personal favorite sockets and who could forget those great bundles coming with those new pets and bundles. I cannot explain how happy I am Miss Falmea, I don't train in your school but the new things you have been teaching me and the other students is amazing. I really hope to keep learning new amazing spells as you help us turn into the great spell casters we can be. I wish everyone at Ravenwood a great Christmas and a happy 2016. Bye I hope I did well on midterms . Anyways tell Moonlind Wu I had to go but thank her for me. Awe Broomsticks I forgot to water my garden! *ports away*

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
I personally loved when they added fishing and gardening.

Its so much fun to raise a magical plant or catch a unique fish

Community Leader
The jewel update was a bit iffy, mainly because the pierce jewels give WAY too much pierce. Other than that, Polaris was fantastic.

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
Thank you for explaining in your producers letter why the critical and critical block numbers have become lower and changed in other ways. I think there have been times when either critical or critical block have activated but it did not say so. Before the changes my life wizard critical a lot on healing spells which I liked but sense the changes it happens less I think. Would you explain why for critical and block it says something like +100 and then one percent? on another wizard it says +112 and says three percent. Then if I add 12 to the first wizard it still says one percent? Something about the math and what I have observed seems strange. It looks like having three sources for the critical gets three percent but having one source gets one percent even if the one source is higher then the three. only that does not make sense either. So what I want to know is how do I get all my wizards to have greater then one percent? I am comparing four wizards that are level 100 or above.

I think the train engine mount is cute but I was disappointed that a train was only a one player mount. I think a train ought to have some cars with it so that a player can bring friends on the train.

I finally got a nutcracker pet. Wish the pack would have given it to me before the end of the double xp. Double xp for pets is something I like.

The news page says that game stop has jewel crafter's bundles but when I went to the local game stop they did not have that bundle. There has been other bundles advertised as being available at a particular store but they are not where I live. I wish there was a way to get these bundles online. The stores where I live don't stock a lot of wizard101 cards and the cards they do have are covered with dust. They have been hanging from the rack that long.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
I love everything about Wizard101, its why I have been a member since it first came out! Loved Polaris and the new level cap of course. Socketing is a terrific idea! I also love the occasional double gardening and pet training points for members! What a great idea from you all. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL

Squire
Jun 13, 2011

Definitely Polaris. Absolutely everything about that world is brilliant! While I do appreciate the change in the way you do things in W101, I will never forget all that you did to make that world as brilliant & majestic as you possibly did! The one thought about the change to the way things are done in W101, more major zones & instance adventures whilst retaining the changes you made, to balance out the shortened length in W101's recent world.

My next favorite is the addition of more Skeleton Key bosses! They gave us more secret opponents to duel since the Four Dungeons, & grab their unique loot! They were brilliant, too! I want to see more made!

One change request, Grandfather needs a different voice, starting from the changing of his previous voice to a new voice in a simultaneous pattern while his previous voice fades out as he says, "And now, it is time for us to see the Spiral and all it's glory. To see what we have missed for being locked away for so long." in Khrysalis' ending, & onward. That would solidify the uniqueness in Grandfather Spider, since we are already his hated enemies. Like Morganthe, I would like Grandfather Spider to be a more memorable Big Bad in the Third Arc just as Morganthe was, threatening, determined, & purely evil!

Now, I admire his voice being reprised in W101's recent world, yet, I feel this going on in more worlds, even the recent one, would take away the uniqueness in him being the new Big Bad End-of-Arc Villain, & made it a bit stale from encountering him again in that world, especially from his spiritual self.

Nevertheless, I can expect that the Spiral will be inflicted with many more large changes to come, & they will no doubt change the way we have our adventures in worlds, & the Spiral will never be the same again...

My thanks again!

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
Survivor
Jan 22, 2013
The train, i REALLY like the train, the weird thing is that i don't even have one

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
There were a lot of great additions this year. I'm going to go ahead and say polaris was the best. One of the best things about it is the lack of defeat and collect quests. Questing in polaris made questing actually fun again, for the first time in a long time. Also the world's is beautiful, great story line, etc.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
#1 Favorite without reservation: being able to turn off item cards.

#2 Jewel socketing would have been #1, but frustration with randomness took the fun out at first. That seems to be getting better now that jewel crafting reagents are a little easier to get.

#3 Polaris content is great, especially the visual design and and music. Game play is a bit weird, but not horrible.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2012
average moe on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
RE:Feedback Friday

average moe they might actually update it i have seen enemies similar to those in polaris on the loading screen in pirate101

WolfLionBlade level 33 wizard

Survivor
Aug 04, 2011
I really Loved The level cap and the SCC in Mailistaire and the new lvl 108 spells :D

Level 110

Survivor
Feb 28, 2013
I love fishing and I am thrilled that they added fish to the Bundle Houses. They are just too cool (and funny). I also love that they now allow you to transfer a house from one Wizard to another! I made some mistakes early on - this is a great feature! I also love this past year's housing Bundles: The Serpentine Escape (Azteca) and the Polaris Bundle houses are wonderful! They have been a joy to decorate.

I especially love the new pet bread crumbs. They work like a dream and I have been using them with this year's Yuletide mount - the Polaris Express. Watching that train make the rounds makes me smile.

I'm not that fussed with the whole jewel socketing thing. I wish we had a bit more control over what we create and that is wasn't TOTALLY random. It's OK and it can be interesting, but for the most part, I just get junk. I am glad that most pet jewels do not require Ultra - there is no way I am taking a pet up ANOTHER 2000 points. Pet training is my least favorite part of the game and one of the things I actually prefer about Pirate101.

There are a couple of things that I truly wish KI would consider adding:

a) Allow people to transfer items between their OWN accounts. This could be done in the Account Manager rather than in-game. I have Myth items on an account with no Myth Wizards and Fire/Ice items on an account without those schools. I have to sell or trash them and they are GREAT drops or crown items from packs. We own the accounts - we pay for them (AND buy crowns) and we should be able to transfer stuff between them.

b) PLEASE create a new house that plants "like." You can have just so many Red Barn Farms and Evergreen Botanicals - I'm very tired of decorating the same properties over and over again.

c) Finally, PLEASE enlarge the "chat" window/font size - I am visually impaired and have to solo all the time because I can't see the chat.

Happy Wizarding!
Suzanne

Delver
May 12, 2012

I loved all the winter things: Yuletide mounts, pets, and decorations, plus the new bundle, Polaris, and just all of it!

From you to me at my fansite, I too wish you a amazing holiday and New Year. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us wizards in 2016!

~ Mythali

P.S: Do this next year's Friday before Christmas!

Survivor
Feb 16, 2011
I have a suggestion for the meek players. I do not enjoy the final dungeons in Azteca, Krysalis or Polaris. They are getting un-fun. Its more like a job than a video game. Can we make a story line for the meek? Maybe put all the special drops in the hard dungeon and then make an easy dungeon for the meek. Either that or make them voluntary instead of mandatory before being able to move on. It would bring the fun back for me

Survivor
Sep 22, 2015
Delver
May 12, 2012
average moe on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
Exactly! The only big 2015 update for Pirate101 is ranked pvp. I am level 60 on there. I don't really know what to do when I get max level. (Fyi: I'm not a huge fan of pvp)

Survivor
May 02, 2010
Love most things this year (except new block) but mostly Raging Bull, best looking spell in the game

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
I really enjoy the shadow spells, not sure if thats new this year or not as I'm a on again off again player. But the entire concept of a new pip type is pretty cool. I do though hope someday you will consider making a new wizard type to play from the start or possibly allow combining wizard types <not just mastery amulet but gettting all the cool spells too>

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I reviewed the years update notes - so I wouldn't miss anything I really was glad about
Thank you for all your hard work and great creativity and for in many cases adding things requested by players
  • Jewel Socketing -
  • Join-A-Team board
  • the reductions of necessary collections in some side quests
  • expanded deck & outfit naming options - hope more are on the way
  • ADDITION of the SKATING MOUNT & the TRAIN MOUNT
  • Zane ( Krok) getting blade treasure cards
  • Pet Jewels - though I wish there were some changes
  • & giving us back the old pet view so quickly :)
  • SEED VAULT hoping it's the first in a wide line of storage and transfer items.
  • Passing houses through the shared banks!
  • Extra Brick-a-Brack potion allowed
  • Treasure Card limit increased - big deal to gardeners of Crown seeds
  • The new metal reagents are more available now
  • Shadow spells
  • Polaris - I've not gotten that high yet (still in Zafaria) - but I'm very excited by the things I've read