Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If Shadow is Primary, Then What Else is Secondary?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I'll get right into it because this could be long. Look at the Triangle of Magic for a second. If you can't be bothered changing pages; this is what it kind of looks like:

Okay? Well that's what it was before was announced. Now it just has on the outside to show its banishment. But didn't Old Cob make it himself? And, if I'm not mistaken, when Bartleby made 3 schools of magic, they combined to make all this. So add to it? You have yourself a Pyramid of Magic with the above as just a single face. But that means adding tons of schools, so what if was at the centre of the Pyramid, lifting the Astrals up slightly higher too. This is hard to visualise, but we only need to add these schools:
1. +
2. +
3. +
4. 1+2+3 (A fourth Astral).
So what are the others? My take is that 2 should be Crystal () as I've mentioned in previous posts of mine. And I think 3 could be Clouds or Water (), and I don't know about 1. But I have a feeling if this becomes a thing, then the 4th Astral should be Planet or Comet or Asteroid. This would just really fitting.
But let me know what you guys think about this idea, do you have any ideas for the new possible magics? Would you rather KI made a full Pyramid with 20 something new schools rather than 4? Do you like the idea? Do you think the Triangle of Magic should stay as it is?
Huh, this wasn't as long as I'd expected. Oh well.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Read through these forums and you'll see that the predominant number of posts on here are wizards from all of the different schools complaining about their spells. Life wants a decent AoE, Fire wants a better single hit, Ice wants more damage, and Storm, well Storm just wants everything. And that's with only seven base schools. Can you imagine the carping and bickering if there were 20 different schools? It would be dissatisfaction of biblical proportions. I think seven schools is a nice balance. All of the basic elements are covered within the existing schools and everything that's been subsequently added, up until Shadow, has been for the purpose of boosting what already exists. And even Shadow is more useful at this point as a boost. The strictly Shadow based spells, Shrike, Dark Shepherd etc. are still in their experimental stages in my opinion and their utility at this early stage is still questionable. All of the possible options you've mentioned... Crystal, Cloud, Water, Planet... could be considered sub-categories of existing schools. Crystal=Ice, Cloud=Storm, Water=Life, Planet=Balance... and to add anything like these as primary schools might seem a bit contrived.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
You said it yourself, shadow is banished and unrelated to the other schools. Therefore, it doesn't fit into the triangle.

If it did, though, we would probably see Shadow Ice, Shadow Star, Shadow Myth, etc, similar to the shadow enhanced spells we have now