Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells and their Schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
I have seen my enemies use spells not corresponding to their schools. Ex, I've seen the snow serpent as a spell from the school of storm or storm shark both as a snow shark or fire shark. I just want to know how I can change the element of my spells just like my enemies have, or if it is even possible.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2015
I was too confused, but as far as I know, these are only obtainable as a Treasure Card, casted from a minion, or somewhere else. Go to the bazaar, go to the treasure card page, and click on the icon that has a , , and on it. Look for the the "t" section, and it should have a few cards that say Transfigure. There is a Transfigure Storm Shark into Fire shark, and such things as that. To use these cards, left click the Transfigure card and then left click the card you want to Transfigure into another school. It should turn the card temporarily into the card you now possess, and you now may use this card. Hope this helped,

-Matthew Swiftflame, Lvl 31 wizard

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Enemies use various cards for there battles regardless of their school. A boss in dragonspyre with the element can use an ice pheonix or a spell from another school, but transformed into the element. Same with streets monsters or anyother boss. They use mostly the element that they offically have but they can use spells of other schools transformed as their own

When it comes to changing the element of YOUR spells, you would require the use of certain sun school mutation spells. The sun school is available for study at level 50 and trainers for it can be found in celestia and worlds after that one. The moon school (transformations) and the star school (auras) become available the same way.

Here is a link in which you can find more info on these previously mentioned schools:
www.wizard101.com/game/magic-schools

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
AlphaWolfIsabel18 on Dec 10, 2015 wrote:
I have seen my enemies use spells not corresponding to their schools. Ex, I've seen the snow serpent as a spell from the school of storm or storm shark both as a snow shark or fire shark. I just want to know how I can change the element of my spells just like my enemies have, or if it is even possible.
Some are indeed possible, but not the way you think. You can't just "switch" them. They must be a Treasure Card or a card you get from an equipped item.

I've seen Thunder Bird (Storm variant of Phoenix) in the Azteca Treasure card shop.

Hunter LifeBreeze Level 84

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
AlphaWolfIsabel18 on Dec 10, 2015 wrote:
there a person in cl who sell sun spell that turn a spell if you have it into another school its a side bender so you kinda have to look around for him

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
Thnx so much guys. Thts dissappointing to here but i guese there is nothing i can do about it.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
Excuse me,but i've been trying to find the quest for minion,so I can get iceblade,then frost giant,but I haven't gotten either of them i've checked what quest you need for the minion but its not in my current quest journal and every time I go to my teacher she has no quest for me,I had to play in battles without any of these,i'm a lvl 70 now,I never got any of them,can someone tell me why Is there some sort of quest that you have to do then its available for the teacher because she never gave me anything.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
I believe you have to be a lv 28 or so. than you have to go to Marylebone to get some stuff or talk to someone. you don't see a quest in your menu for Marylebone? ide asoom you've gone there before right? after krokotopia you go to Marylebone and usually that's around the same time you have to go anyway. Im a lv 31 and I go to one area at a time so after I finished krokotopi I went to grizzlehime and wisteria. so once im done with those two I might be a lv 36. if you do every quest in each area you'll lv up faster. if you haven't gone to those areas how did you get to lv 70? im guessing a lot of dungeon battles?

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
lucidsynifa on Dec 13, 2015 wrote:
Excuse me,but i've been trying to find the quest for minion,so I can get iceblade,then frost giant,but I haven't gotten either of them i've checked what quest you need for the minion but its not in my current quest journal and every time I go to my teacher she has no quest for me,I had to play in battles without any of these,i'm a lvl 70 now,I never got any of them,can someone tell me why Is there some sort of quest that you have to do then its available for the teacher because she never gave me anything.
The ice minion is actually not a mutation or a spell that only creatures can use. It's a normal ice spell, and you could get it by doing school quests if you're in the ice school. You won't find transmutes to change your minion into an ice minion so don't bother looking for one, however, there is a different treasure card that can summon an ice minion, just look for the card "Ice Guardian" under the ice tab, don't get it confused with colossus, those spells are completely unrelated except for the school or appearance. If you're looking for Freddo the Ice Fish, it is not avaliable as a treasure card or a mutation, wait until you're level 75 to get it.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
AlphaWolfIsabel18 on Dec 15, 2015 wrote:
I believe you have to be a lv 28 or so. than you have to go to Marylebone to get some stuff or talk to someone. you don't see a quest in your menu for Marylebone? ide asoom you've gone there before right? after krokotopia you go to Marylebone and usually that's around the same time you have to go anyway. Im a lv 31 and I go to one area at a time so after I finished krokotopi I went to grizzlehime and wisteria. so once im done with those two I might be a lv 36. if you do every quest in each area you'll lv up faster. if you haven't gone to those areas how did you get to lv 70? im guessing a lot of dungeon battles?
Actually I am in Avalon,about to be finished actually as currently a level 77,but I don't know maybe it's because I haven't done any side quest,I should be about a lvl 79 because I'm about to be done,but it's because I don't do any side quest,maybe that's why? It's probably there somewhere,I guess,I don't really know,I haven't gotten any new spells lately,the only spells I have been able to use to fight is colossus,and that's one by one so its hard to defeat people in battle,when I should be using frost giant like everyone else who is high level that uses an all attack,everyone has blades,and strong attacks,all I have is traps and a weak attack against bosses,but I looked up every quest there is to lead on to another ice spell,I don't have any,is it somewhere in Marley bone?
At first I was thinking this was a glitch but maybe it's because I didn't do anything? I realized this when I was lvl 50
Wondering why people casts these things at level 40 and I didn't even have them,I also didn't get the balance spell,for blades,i think this may be a side quest as well..ill probably just get back to krokotopia and Marleybone to do side quest,and see if it works,if it doesn't I'm not really sure what to do anymore,I had to use amulets and rings for the spells,as well as tc.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
George Washington on Dec 16, 2015 wrote:
The ice minion is actually not a mutation or a spell that only creatures can use. It's a normal ice spell, and you could get it by doing school quests if you're in the ice school. You won't find transmutes to change your minion into an ice minion so don't bother looking for one, however, there is a different treasure card that can summon an ice minion, just look for the card "Ice Guardian" under the ice tab, don't get it confused with colossus, those spells are completely unrelated except for the school or appearance. If you're looking for Freddo the Ice Fish, it is not avaliable as a treasure card or a mutation, wait until you're level 75 to get it.
I never even got that..maybe it's because of the side quest I'm not doing?
I'm currently level 77,the current ice cards I have of are frozen armor,colossus,blizzard,ice wyvern,snow shield,volcanic shield,ice trap,tower shield,frost beetle,snow serpent,bale frost,evil snowman,stun block,mass ice prism,ice prism,frostbite,taunt,mega distract,freeze,and ice armor
That's all,the ones that I am missing are
Snow angel,frost giant,ice minion,ice blade,Freddo,woolly mammoth,legion shield,steal ward,these are 1-75 all spells for ice,I am dearly sorry for not making them in order,but I think I might be doing something wrong maybe,for me to not get these spells.

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
lucidsynifa on Dec 17, 2015 wrote:
I never even got that..maybe it's because of the side quest I'm not doing?
I'm currently level 77,the current ice cards I have of are frozen armor,colossus,blizzard,ice wyvern,snow shield,volcanic shield,ice trap,tower shield,frost beetle,snow serpent,bale frost,evil snowman,stun block,mass ice prism,ice prism,frostbite,taunt,mega distract,freeze,and ice armor
That's all,the ones that I am missing are
Snow angel,frost giant,ice minion,ice blade,Freddo,woolly mammoth,legion shield,steal ward,these are 1-75 all spells for ice,I am dearly sorry for not making them in order,but I think I might be doing something wrong maybe,for me to not get these spells.
Talk to Lydia Greyrose in the Ice School to see if she has any spell quests for you. or check your quests to see if you have one titled Gathering Information, The Chest Awaits or Chilling Information. Those are the quests you need to finish to get Ice Guardian.