Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Has KI responded to any complaints about crit?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
I haven't noticed any kind of official response to the complaints that have been all over the forums in the past two days. Has KI even acknowledged that a lot of people are unhappy about the new crit system?

I'm not asking "Is KI ready to revert to the old system," I'm just wondering if they have given any kind of indication that they are even paying attention or care. Even if it's just to say "Deal with it."

Thanks.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2014
I haven't seen anything about KI acknowledging the problems with the new critical system, unless you could Lydia Greyrose posting a link to the update notes XD

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Their official stance has been to refer people back to the official announcement about how the new system works. Considering how much players have complained about it, since test relma's release, I'm surprised they havent at least given us a placation line about "we'll look into it". Im not saying they should do anything, just that the lack of response is causing a bigger problem than the problem itself, which is huge. Anytime PvP and PvE players are on the same side, you know it's a substantial complaint. I hope they reconsider the critical system, but only how the percentages work. I hope they KEEP the part where all monsters are calculated separately. However, if the choice is either the old way or the new way, I vote the old way

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
Wow. This is very disappointing from any company, but particularly ironic for one that tries to sell itself as a family company. Is this how you treat people?

I'm just so turned off by the implementation of this new system and especially the lack of response from KI. Time to find a new game. :(

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Sadly, they have a long track record of ignoring problems/complaints, and allowing them to fester. I don't understand this attitude toward paying customers, and it certainly doesn't earn them any loyalty points. Every legitimate customer complaint should be addressed, and in a timely manner.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
If replying with a link to the update notes is a response, then yes. All that needs to be done is the amount block counts for has to be raised by a decent amount. I don't understand why we now have virtually no chance of blocking, how is this making gameplay balanced. It has completely destroyed PvP, the lowest critical now easily lands on the highest block.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
i like the challenge and the new critical system. i personally think it makes it more fun, even though i do hate that i dont critical as much as i used to. but all in all its time for use to switch up our playing styles and try something new. but all in all i do understand what you all our talking about.

I thank kingsisle for the change of pace

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Blaze3277 on Nov 20, 2015 wrote:
i like the challenge and the new critical system. i personally think it makes it more fun, even though i do hate that i dont critical as much as i used to. but all in all its time for use to switch up our playing styles and try something new. but all in all i do understand what you all our talking about.

I dont have a problem with changing our style, but here's the thing. Previously, once every 5 or tend levels, the usable gear tended to make us switch our tactics around because it would focus on different stats. Then critical hit and block came into the game and people went with one or the other. now, 100 levels into the game, they change how the critical system works which NEGATES the hard work many of us have done, and is in fact, a step backwards. MY only issue is the critical block frequency now, which for my character, is 0. Since test came out, and then went live, and I leveled up to 101, I havent blocked a single critical hit at all. Now, combine that with the horrendous selection of gear from the bazaar, and even on drops, it becomes a stacking problem. For a change THIS drastic, it should have been on its own update and not combined with a world, so they could focus on ONE issue; the critical system. Im not trying to badmouth KI as I understand how much pressure they're under to put out a well done product, but this update (the crit system) has been a huge disappointment for every aspect of this game. I am hoping, as Ive said before, that they take a look at it, and see that while it's an improvement overall, it got broken when they "messed with the stats". if the stats stayed the same as before, but they implemented this new system, i'd have no issue with it, but they lowered the percentages AND made a system change. The two combined do NOT make for happy players, hence the 27 threads about the critical update.

27 might be an exaggeration as I havent counted them, but still, you all get the point

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
Blaze3277 on Nov 20, 2015 wrote:

That's fine if you like it. That's not even what has me so upset right now. I think *everyone* should be disappointed that KI doesn't respond to the community when there is such an uproar.

Even if you love the changes and want it to remain exactly as it is, just knowing that you're playing a game by a company that treats its customers like this should make everyone think twice.

Administrator
JohnJSal on Nov 20, 2015 wrote:
I haven't noticed any kind of official response to the complaints that have been all over the forums in the past two days. Has KI even acknowledged that a lot of people are unhappy about the new crit system?

I'm not asking "Is KI ready to revert to the old system," I'm just wondering if they have given any kind of indication that they are even paying attention or care. Even if it's just to say "Deal with it."

Thanks.
Hello,

Please see the update from Cyrus below and direct further discussion to that area. Thanks!

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/changes-to-critical-hit-and-critical-block-system-8ad6a41b512444b501512719cb4e0bb2?page=1

community@wizard101.com