Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Keeps Giving Me Tutorial Tips...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 12, 2013
I've been trying to play Wizard101 on my laptop, but something annoying keeps happening to me. If I earn a treasure card as a drop, the Librarian notification comes up telling me about treasure cards. Every time I log on, I get "How to use the chat system". This only happens on my laptop though, not my home computer. Is this a problem on my end?

Administrator
Hello,

When you go to the "tutorial tips" section of the gameplay options screen is it set to "critical only"?

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
FrostFlake_123 on Sep 21, 2015 wrote:
I've been trying to play Wizard101 on my laptop, but something annoying keeps happening to me. If I earn a treasure card as a drop, the Librarian notification comes up telling me about treasure cards. Every time I log on, I get "How to use the chat system". This only happens on my laptop though, not my home computer. Is this a problem on my end?
this has been happening to me as well, though it doesn't seem to be triggered by anything specific.

for example, i'll get a tc drop, and the tutorial tip appears... then, every single notification i've ever gotten shows up on the right side of my screen. this has happened about 3-4 times on each wizard since reinstalling the game 2 months ago, and it's very, very annoying.

-von

Explorer
Feb 12, 2013
No, it's set to "All". However, it is set to "all" on both my home computer and my laptop, yet it only does the tutorial tips on my laptop. Would changing it to "critical only" make a difference?

Administrator
Setting the tutorial tips to "critical only" may reduce the number of tips that pop up for you.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Feb 12, 2013
Explorer
Feb 12, 2013
I tried it and it still gave me messages. This time I got one saying to go to a classroom. I know I already got this before. Anything else I could try?
Also, my laptop has been really laggy with Wizard101.....not sure if this is also a problem with my computer or a problem on Wizard101's end.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2015
FrostFlake_123 on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
I tried it and it still gave me messages. This time I got one saying to go to a classroom. I know I already got this before. Anything else I could try?
Also, my laptop has been really laggy with Wizard101.....not sure if this is also a problem with my computer or a problem on Wizard101's end.
that's your teacher making sure you follow your studies... its annoying

Explorer
Feb 12, 2013
I know, they keep popping up every time I log on even though I have gotten them before. Apparently I still have to learn about gardening and how to use text chat, even though I am a rank 10 gardener.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
The tips seem to be connected to the computer and not the account. It also happens if you delete the game and re-download it and when you enter the Test Realm.