Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How many tries did it take to get waterworks gear?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 12, 2013
I have been browsing the forums and seen many questions on WW gear, but no one seems to say how long it took them to get their gear. I have seen a lot of people with the gear and was wondering how many tries it took you to get it? I just tried WW and it took me a really long time.....can't imagine going through it to farm.
Thanks!

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Took me 2 runs, first run hat and boots, second run, robe

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
FrostFlake_123 on Aug 24, 2015 wrote:
I have been browsing the forums and seen many questions on WW gear, but no one seems to say how long it took them to get their gear. I have seen a lot of people with the gear and was wondering how many tries it took you to get it? I just tried WW and it took me a really long time.....can't imagine going through it to farm.
Thanks!
back when waterworks was first released, my balance and death wizards both got their full sets in about 6 runs~ hat and robe on the first one, and a few extra for the boots.

after ki added mastery amulets to the mix, people overfarmed for them and drops were drastically reduced, meaning that it took me forever. storm and life both started the instance at level 60, and were level 75 and 78 (respectively) by the time they got their full sets (though life did score a storm mastery amulet from luska). fortunately for me, i had crafted the level 56 wintertusk gear for both of them, so that they wouldn't be at a disadvantage if they didn't have it.

i have 2 wizards there now, and have done 2 runs with them~ myth got his robe on the first trip through, and ice got hers on the second; still missing hat and boots for both, but my myth has his wt crafted stuff and ice is currently working on the cl crafting quest in order to craft hers (since she is my highest-level wiz on my second account), so i'm not worried about either of them going without.

if you haven't done so already, frostflake, craft the wt gear for your wizard. it's pretty much on par with waterworks, so you won't be at a disadvantage if you don't feel up to farming for years.

my "weekend" is monday/tuesday this week~ if anyone wants to join me for a run, my wizards will be around between 2-7am atlantic time (12-5am central, 10pm-3am pacific), probably in one of the less-crowded realms.

-von

exalted
arch
legend
magus

Survivor
Apr 14, 2010
Got the robe on the 9th run, the hat on the 11th run, and the boots on the 18th run.

Yep I have bad luck

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
Ethanboomshield on Aug 29, 2015 wrote:
me too, I played it a total 3 times, 1 time I got hat and robe, a 2nd time the boots.
then i played it for fun another time and got the hat... hehe

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
My storm has her full set after about eight runs, as of just now. In those runs she got four hats, one pair of boots, one robe.

Hero
May 07, 2015
Ethanboomshield on Aug 29, 2015 wrote:
getting 2 pieses of a set from water works is really really really rare nice i had to do mount olmpus 4 times to get the full set 2 times just to get the boots

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
I got full Waterworks gear on my storm in 5 runs. It can vary, but I would say the chances of getting Waterworks gear is more common than Zeus gear.

Hero
May 07, 2015
Darthvarian on Sep 20, 2015 wrote:
I got full Waterworks gear on my storm in 5 runs. It can vary, but I would say the chances of getting Waterworks gear is more common than Zeus gear.
ok