Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New School of Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 22, 2013
So we all know that with the latest world Khrysalis there came the new school of Shadow spells.

Well I think that If Kingsisle ever makes a new world (which I hope they do) they should have a new school to be an "opposite" of sorts to Shadow spells, and it should be called Light spells.

I think this would be a really cool idea and I hope all wizards of the spiral agree with me.

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
They are making a new world. It will be the start of the third arc. The world is either going to be Polaris or Mirage, not too sure which is coming first.

I dont agree with your idea of light spells though. Shadow spells arent your average spell... right now the only ones that are really worth using in high levels are ones that boost and lower certain stats to help you do whatever it is you are trying to do.

Nicholas RavenBlood 100
and more...

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
Codexhawk2042 on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:
So we all know that with the latest world Khrysalis there came the new school of Shadow spells.

Well I think that If Kingsisle ever makes a new world (which I hope they do) they should have a new school to be an "opposite" of sorts to Shadow spells, and it should be called Light spells.

I think this would be a really cool idea and I hope all wizards of the spiral agree with me.
Sorry but I don't really agree because shadow may not have an opposite but that is because Morganthe created but it may work if the council of light created that school but I don't know what the function would be. Mainly because most things you can do are already done in the game.

Survivor
May 08, 2011
I do think another school in the spiral would be interesting. But what would they do? Would they be attacks? Spell enchants? Something like Auras or Shadow spells?

Timothy Darksword lvl 74

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Personally I would like to see a new wizard type entirely. Its fun leveling multiple types of wizard and I think it would be a nice change to see a new one. What role exactly would it fill? Not sure exactly to be honest they are all covered already but maybe something with new flavor. Additionaly I would like to see some sort of way to create your own spells or atleast customize the current ones you have to give each wizard a different feel. More then just the astral school.

Perhaps something the long the lines of a long quest chain at Wysteria or another wizard school to update all your older and current spells. Which will lead you to making a choice of how that spell will be altered forever. Upgrading a spell could have the following choices for each school.

Fire Choices: Add AoE, increase damage in way of a DoT, or just increase raw damage.
Storm Choices: Add AoE, Add X to mana cost to increase damage per pip. so 5x, or raw damage increase.
Ice Choices: Add AoE, Add Taunt, Add Raw Damage
Myth Damage: Add AoE, Add Second attack, Or raw damage increase.
Life Damage: Add AoE, Add Trap/Blade, or Raw Damage
Life Healing: : Add AoE, Add Absorb, Add Raw Healing
Death: Add AoE, Add Lifesteal, or Raw Damage
Balance: Add AoE, Add blades to party, or Raw Damage

After a little bit of thought the new wizard class could be a second support class. Its function would be that its attacks add traps/shields for the entire party. It would basicaly be to balance what death is to life.

Survivor
May 17, 2012
I like that idea, a School of Light to oppose the Shadow school. My highest gentlewizard is an 80th Life named Lucas Skyblade. He's not made it to Azteca yet, (I'm helping my sister with a project or two at the moment.), but when I get there I will look at the Shadow school spells with a critical eye towards suggesting some Light spells.

Defender
Sep 20, 2008
So, there's two different reasons why that can't work, lorewise, and it's a bit unclear which is accurate, so i'll post both.
1. Shadow isn't shadow magic in the traditional sense, it's pure, raw magic drawn directly from the spiral. The opposite of that would be every other source of magic, the ones we use already.
2. The astral classes, Sun, Moon, and Star, are collectively known as Light Magic, for whatever reason, so introducing another Light Magic would involve some retconning.

Also, Shadow Magic is unique in how it works, given that it has its own pips, and whatnot, so introducing any sort of proper opposite, so soon after Shadow Magic has been introduced, would overcomplicate things.

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
Galen on Jul 12, 2015 wrote:
So, there's two different reasons why that can't work, lorewise, and it's a bit unclear which is accurate, so i'll post both.
1. Shadow isn't shadow magic in the traditional sense, it's pure, raw magic drawn directly from the spiral. The opposite of that would be every other source of magic, the ones we use already.
2. The astral classes, Sun, Moon, and Star, are collectively known as Light Magic, for whatever reason, so introducing another Light Magic would involve some retconning.

Also, Shadow Magic is unique in how it works, given that it has its own pips, and whatnot, so introducing any sort of proper opposite, so soon after Shadow Magic has been introduced, would overcomplicate things.
So, here are 3 reasons why you are wrong:
1. NOWHERE does it say that the astral schools are collectively know as light magic, the name is astral magic for a reason.
2. Astral Magic is not even close to the powers of shadow, astral magic doesn't have op polymorphs, the ability to summon dangerous creatures, nor does it have "astral enhanced spells", because that's not possible because the astral schools enchant the wizard and the spells they have currently, not creating brand new amazing ones out of thin air.
3. If shadow was the opposite of every school it would boost balance damage.

It seems that you haven't been paying much attention to the story line and your reasoning of the lore is in incorrect and out of date. The reason I want light magic so much is because KI only gives us 1 option, use shadow magic or suffer. I want another option, especially since I don't like the first one.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
I think I know what light magic will do here are some ideas,
trick charity, gain as many power pips as you want and your opponent gets healed 200 for each power pip you got.
great Sanctuary, gives you a -90 weakness and heals you back to full health.
and you can have either shadow spells in your deck or light spells you choose you can not have both light and shadow. When you have light spells in your deck it changes shadow pips to light pips.
That is all I got

austin sprite breaker LV.77 death wizard

Survivor
Jul 20, 2013
I think there should be a school of music, and when people cast spells they should draw a treble clef, and the school's first wand should be like a flute or guitar or something. I'm really into music and I was pretty happy when they made baddle of the bands. So what do you think about this new school?

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
I have a few concepts that add new dynamics to the game.

First, a Water School (Hydromancers), unlike Storm. They focus on using Global spells. Some of these are harmful, but Water wizards know how to protect their team from them (Ex- Downpour, Flood, Acid Rain). High health, 80% acc.

Earth (Geomancers) could take control of destroying wards. This would hopefully make Myth's minions more important and better. Plus, I like the mythological side of Myth (like Medusa, Orthrus...) Earth's moves would be things like (Fissure, Bullworm, Earthquake, Megaquake). High health, 80% acc

Love (Priests- maybe) are sort of like Life. They can also heal Mana when needed. Also, they are the only non-Astral school that can use their own Auras (Bubble Shield, Circle of Protection, Bane of Evils). High health, 90% acc

Spirit/Energy (Shamans)- Shamans have some healing. The new concept is their minions- Totems. Totems are minions that will continually cast the same spell over and over. Some ideas: Wooden Totem +10% blade every round, Might Totem +25% every round, Totem of Life- Heal 200 every round, Irritating Totem- taunts enemy every round, Dragon-Tooth Totem- Deal 300 damage to random enemy every round. Totem of Protection -15% shield every round. There's more but you get the idea.

Chaos (Warlocks)- They have new curse spells. Some of their spells do extreme damage, but have a side-effect. So they could have a spell that does 2000 damage, but it puts a -90% weakness on you.