Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Freezing Mid-Combat :(

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
There is this glitch that keeps happening, mostly on my laptop but on my desktop as well, where I am fighting in combat and the game freezes. It usually happens after an attack, and the last two times it's happened were after a Myth Bat attack (not that that matters). It usually comes back after like 3-5 minutes or so, and all the attacks that had happened occur on the battlefield-thing really fast and I get to pick a card to use (I guess mostly it comes back after like 2 turns). This has happened on all of the wizards I've played with on my laptop (some I neglect ) and it makes it very tedious to battle D:. My game is actually frozen right now and I'm helping someone beat General Akilles... I don't even know if he's gonna beat him :/.

I have reinstalled the game and it's not helping, it may be making the problem a bit worse due to lag from the installation.

I usually last 1-3 rounds before the dreaded freeze leaving my teammates to do the middle of the fight and me to only aid in the beginning and end of the duel...

I'm probably actually either dead or dancing in victory now so I guess I'll go close out the game and open it back up as there's nothing else to describe, except on my desktop that does mini-freezes with the spells usually playing out on the battlefield really fast as I get to pick my next card, and the freezes do not last NEARLY as long as the ones on my laptop

This may be an internet problem since my laptop does suck but I don't know...

Any help in solving this will be highly appreciated as it makes it near impossible to do ANY questing unless I can end the battle in 1-3 turns...

I'm still frozen after 10 minutes oh gosh (yeah I'm the type of person that does run-on stuff, SORRY! :( )
And that's all that needs to be said, I guess, I'll add any updates if anything else evil happens...

-Grace Goldenleaf level 45 (finally :D)

Defender
May 06, 2011
Grace Goldenleaf on Jul 4, 2015 wrote:
There is this glitch that keeps happening, mostly on my laptop but on my desktop as well, where I am fighting in combat and the game freezes. It usually happens after an attack, and the last two times it's happened were after a Myth Bat attack (not that that matters). It usually comes back after like 3-5 minutes or so, and all the attacks that had happened occur on the battlefield-thing really fast and I get to pick a card to use (I guess mostly it comes back after like 2 turns). This has happened on all of the wizards I've played with on my laptop (some I neglect ) and it makes it very tedious to battle D:. My game is actually frozen right now and I'm helping someone beat General Akilles... I don't even know if he's gonna beat him :/.

I have reinstalled the game and it's not helping, it may be making the problem a bit worse due to lag from the installation.

I usually last 1-3 rounds before the dreaded freeze leaving my teammates to do the middle of the fight and me to only aid in the beginning and end of the duel...

I'm probably actually either dead or dancing in victory now so I guess I'll go close out the game and open it back up as there's nothing else to describe, except on my desktop that does mini-freezes with the spells usually playing out on the battlefield really fast as I get to pick my next card, and the freezes do not last NEARLY as long as the ones on my laptop

This may be an internet problem since my laptop does suck but I don't know...

Any help in solving this will be highly appreciated as it makes it near impossible to do ANY questing unless I can end the battle in 1-3 turns...

I'm still frozen after 10 minutes oh gosh (yeah I'm the type of person that does run-on stuff, SORRY! :( )
And that's all that needs to be said, I guess, I'll add any updates if anything else evil happens...

-Grace Goldenleaf level 45 (finally :D)
I believe it has something to do with your computer. Mine doesn't freeze during battle or anywhere else.

Katherine DragonbladeLevel 100

Administrator