Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sound Magic Idea again.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Sound Magic, another ancient magic, nearly forgotten, that is extremely powerful, but has a huge cost.

Sound Magic would work similarly to Shadow Magic, you would unlock it at a higher level, so everyone would get it.
Sound Magic, would be based off of major buffs, and debuffs, rather then attacking an enemy, to keep its power in check. Its attacks typically take a huge amount of mana, and a considerable amount of health, since they are so powerful.

Sound Magic spells would get more powerful with the more pips you build up. Shadow Pips do not effect sound magic. Most of its spell effect everyone on the field, equally, friend or foe, in good and bad ways at the same time.

Its colors are white and light purple.
Its stone is a Rose Quartz.

SPELLS: I would much prefer to leave this to kingsisle to create themselves, but I have made a few spell ideas.

Songbird: Pip cost X, damage 45 per pip, global, takes 60 health per pip, places a 25% damage decrease on enemies, stuns you. (Looks like a phoenix, but white and purple instead)

War Cry: Pip cost X, Damage 0, Global effect, gives all teammates a +25 resistance per pip shield, and a +35% damage per pip blade, but all teammates are stunned for 1 round per power pip. All enemies are given a damage and accuracy debuff, but a resistance increase.

Sound Barrier: Removes field spells effects for 4 rounds, +1 round per power pip.

Sonic Boom: Damages all entities on the field +65 damage per pip.

Lullaby: All enemies are stunned for 3 rounds, but are given a +90% damage blade with a tower shield.

King Thermadors spiral tour: Enemies take overtime damage and teammates get healed +150 per pip, but are stunned 1 round per pip, and enemies are given an accuracy +45% boost and damage boost +120.

Nocturne: Enemies are given a accuracy debuff -5 percent per pip, but given a +25% damage boost per pip. Teammates are given 2 tower shields and a dragonblade.

Song of Creation (can only be obtained at max level, if you have learned all spells from your respective teacher, and have all the other sound magic spells) spell will full heal all teammates, and stun all enemies, selected enemy is erased from the battlefield if they are lower level then you, if they are higher level, they will help you until the battle is over. (No Major bosses, only small ones)

This idea is still being worked on, and those are most of the spells I came up with. Since sound effects everyone in the real world, the magic for it does the same, having different effects on different people. The magic is meant to be used very strategically rather then building up for your boring old FIRE FROM ABOVE, or LEVIATHN, to one hit K.O everything, and be generally annoying with your awesome, overpowered stats, which are actually totally awesome.

This magic WILL have a resistance feature, since it could possibly kill you in one hit. Its resistance ratings will be higher then other schools in outfits, since it is not a base school, and I do NOT want it to be one.

Defender
May 06, 2011
KieranMoonFlame on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
Sound Magic, another ancient magic, nearly forgotten, that is extremely powerful, but has a huge cost.

Sound Magic would work similarly to Shadow Magic, you would unlock it at a higher level, so everyone would get it.
Sound Magic, would be based off of major buffs, and debuffs, rather then attacking an enemy, to keep its power in check. Its attacks typically take a huge amount of mana, and a considerable amount of health, since they are so powerful.

Sound Magic spells would get more powerful with the more pips you build up. Shadow Pips do not effect sound magic. Most of its spell effect everyone on the field, equally, friend or foe, in good and bad ways at the same time.

Its colors are white and light purple.
Its stone is a Rose Quartz.

SPELLS: I would much prefer to leave this to kingsisle to create themselves, but I have made a few spell ideas.

Songbird: Pip cost X, damage 45 per pip, global, takes 60 health per pip, places a 25% damage decrease on enemies, stuns you. (Looks like a phoenix, but white and purple instead)

War Cry: Pip cost X, Damage 0, Global effect, gives all teammates a +25 resistance per pip shield, and a +35% damage per pip blade, but all teammates are stunned for 1 round per power pip. All enemies are given a damage and accuracy debuff, but a resistance increase.

Sound Barrier: Removes field spells effects for 4 rounds, +1 round per power pip.

Sonic Boom: Damages all entities on the field +65 damage per pip.

Lullaby: All enemies are stunned for 3 rounds, but are given a +90% damage blade with a tower shield.

King Thermadors spiral tour: Enemies take overtime damage and teammates get healed +150 per pip, but are stunned 1 round per pip, and enemies are given an accuracy +45% boost and damage boost +120.

Nocturne: Enemies are given a accuracy debuff -5 percent per pip, but given a +25% damage boost per pip. Teammates are given 2 tower shields and a dragonblade.

Song of Creation (can only be obtained at max level, if you have learned all spells from your respective teacher, and have all the other sound magic spells) spell will full heal all teammates, and stun all enemies, selected enemy is erased from the battlefield if they are lower level then you, if they are higher level, they will help you until the battle is over. (No Major bosses, only small ones)

This idea is still being worked on, and those are most of the spells I came up with. Since sound effects everyone in the real world, the magic for it does the same, having different effects on different people. The magic is meant to be used very strategically rather then building up for your boring old FIRE FROM ABOVE, or LEVIATHN, to one hit K.O everything, and be generally annoying with your awesome, overpowered stats, which are actually totally awesome.

This magic WILL have a resistance feature, since it could possibly kill you in one hit. Its resistance ratings will be higher then other schools in outfits, since it is not a base school, and I do NOT want it to be one.
These are some interesting ideas! If I may, some conflicts of mine...

Songbird ~ Does the health stolen and damage dealt add up? Also, the steal heals you more than the damage, which isn't normal in Wizard101.

War Cry ~ Could most likely mess up; you mess up once with a bunch of power pips, then your stunned for however many rounds that is. War Cry should also use noob pips, just so that it doesn't take away all power pips. Also, it would be kind of troll to randomly use War Cry when friends are accompanying you in battle, to stun them randomly.

Sound Barrier ~ I have a problem with this, but I just can't lay a finger on it... >:O

Sonic Boom ~ Too risky and troll.

Lullaby ~ Will give a huge advantage to the other team.

King Thermador's Spiral Tour ~ Too overpowered and gives too much of an advantage to your team. I have been calculating the per pip damages by 14, since that's 7 power pips, (the maximum) and it heals 2100 to your team and does 2100 damage overtime to the enemy team. In 3 rounds, it would probably all be over for the other team...

Nocturne ~ If maxed on power pips, the enemy will have a +350 blade, and a -70% accuracy. They could just easily get rid of the accuracy debuff and kill instantly.

Song Of Creation ~ Will it remove the selected enemy wizard from the battle? Also, the "help you until the battle is over" part doesn't make sense. You obtain the spell at max level ~ how would a minor boss be a higher level than you?

Well, there's my cons with it.

Katherine DragonBlade Level 94 Pyromancer

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
KatherineDragonBla... on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:

Songbird ~ Does the health stolen and damage dealt add up? Also, the steal heals you more than the damage, which isn't normal in Wizard101.

War Cry ~ Could most likely mess up; you mess up once with a bunch of power pips, then your stunned for however many rounds that is. War Cry should also use noob pips, just so that it doesn't take away all power pips. Also, it would be kind of troll to randomly use War Cry when friends are accompanying you in battle, to stun them randomly.

Sound Barrier ~ I have a problem with this, but I just can't lay a finger on it... >:O

King Thermador's Spiral Tour ~ Too overpowered and gives too much of an advantage to your team. I have been calculating the per pip damages by 14, since that's 7 power pips, (the maximum) and it heals 2100 to your team and does 2100 damage overtime to the enemy team. In 3 rounds, it would probably all be over for the other team...

Nocturne ~ If maxed on power pips, the enemy will have a +350 blade, and a -70% accuracy. They could just easily get rid of the accuracy debuff and kill instantly.

Song Of Creation ~ Will it remove the selected enemy wizard from the battle? Also, the "help you until the battle is over" part doesn't make sense. You obtain the spell at max level ~ how would a minor boss be a higher level than you?

Heres what I am thinking, a new kind of magic that does MASSIVE damamge, but costs a lot of mana, that consists of only X pip spells, that has both good and bad effects for both teams in battle, yours, and the enemies. Like a trade off. So, for example, maybe you use a spell that will place a weakness on all enemies. (-10% damage per power pip, -5% damage per pip) And gives everyone on your team a blade (+10% damage power per pip, +5% damage per pip) BUT, As a result, everyone on the enemy team is given an accuracy boost that is double the amount of the weaknesses percentage, while a trap with the same amount of damage increase as your teams blades, is placed on your team. This would make this magic very risky to use, and would need very good timing, otherwise, you might end up killing your friends instead of your enemies.
Another example, would be, maybe one spell attacks all of the enemies, and gives everyone on your team an accuracy boost, but the cost would be your next 3 turns.

The idea is to make every spell have an effect that'll effect your team just as much as you effected your enemies. But, you can bypass this with simple spells like Smoke Screen, Earthquake, and other spells that stun, taunt, weaken etc.

I think this would be an AWESOME magic to add in, and I would go more into detail but I don't want to spoil it, if it actually gets put in the game. (Although I really don't think it will, why not hope? )

To make this magic even harder to use, most spells would have backlashes on you, as the user. This school would carry no single target attacks, and in some cases. If your highest damage in a Sound Spell was 1578 for instance, you would be dealt that damage, for certain spells.

Sound, not only would be used for attacking and boosting stats at the same time, but can also use sounds to boost a teams morale, heal, calm, or other things, and can increase damage for other magics such as , etc.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008

Also, Heres the original list of spells

War Cry
Pip Cost: X
Effect: Places a Blade on users team that does +10% damage Per pip, and places a -10% damage on enemies. BUT, Upon using, Users takes 95 damage per pip, And enemies are given a 25% accuracy boost a giant white and light purple bubble will appear and increase attack and critical for all players and enemies, but reduce accuracy by 25%
Percent: 85%

Songbird
Effect: Upon using, all teammates except the person using the spell are given a 50% accuracy boost and a trap that does 25% more damage. The spell attacks all enemies. User receives half damage of the first person the spell hits.
Damage: 100 damage per pip
Percent: 80%

Sound Barrier
Pip cost: X
Effect: a smaller field similar to that of Wildfire or Balefrost will appear. It is half the size. It does not replace the current field. This spell nullifes all aura effects and field effects for 2 rounds per power pip, 1 round per pip.

Thunderclap
Effect: Attacks everyone on field, teammates and enemies alike. Your team takes more damage then enemy team, but, your team is given a shield that reduces 90% damage and enemys are given a trap that increases 100% damage, and have smoke screen and virulent plague on them.
Damage: Your team/90 Damage per pip Enemy team/60 damage per pip

Lullaby
Pip cost: X
Effect: All team members all healed to 50% max health, given a accuracy and damage increase, but are stunned for one round, enemies are stunned for 4 rounds, given accuracy decrease by 75% and given a 250% damage blade (Blade effects are nullified if the enemy criticals and recuded to 50 damage)
Damage: 100 damage per POWER PIP and 25 damge per pip.

Fanefare
Pip cost: 5
Effects: Teams damage, accuracy, resistance and healing are increased by 50%but team is stunned for 4 rounds. (effects start after stuns are gone)

Defender
Dec 20, 2008

For some of the spells such as -Song of Creation- it wouldn't be used in PvP, and the "Help until battle is over" was a mistake, they would help for 4 rounds, regardless off how many pips you had.

For nocturne, I am not sure what i was thinking about.

Most of these are a little more OP then i intended, and I am still working on its consequences. I commented with 2 older comments (As you saw earlier) and those SHOULD make more sense. Some might of been made more op on accident, (if you look at my other comments)

Anyway thanks for the feedback!

Defender
Dec 20, 2008

Just one last thing,

Sonic Boom is supposed to be a risky move, as I want players to really think about what they are using and when, since I am tired of always seeing Storm and Myth Wizards or just any wizards in general act like "Watch me one shot this boss" and fizzle, or something, among other things.

Sound Barrier's problem might be that I forgot to mention its effects are only temporary not permanent. (And If i said permanent, shame on me for being bad at writing.)

the Spiral Tour spell Is going to be toned down a bit, or should be at least.

War Cry does use Noob Pips, all Sound Magic Does, i just decided not to list its stats since the power pips are double a noob pips strength.

The damage is supposed to be 60 and Health is supposed to be 45 for SONGBIRD. (That was a mess up with my typing, and some accidental deleting a few words)

Defender
Dec 20, 2008

I swear this is the last one!!!

The overtime in The Spiral Tour spell is NOT effected by pips, its damage should be 150 per round (no extra damage per pip at all)]

What a important detail i missed :/