Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Max Gold

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 22, 2013
This has probably been mentioned a million times but I am not a frequent visitor to these forums. But why do we have a max gold limit? I find myself reaching mine frequently and it is irritating. Feels almost as if we are being punished for playing frequently or for gardening well.

Can a wealth system not be put in place? Maybe for the price of gold those of us with great wealth can purchase symbols of wealth, gold bars, or plaques of varying levels as we pay greater amounts like a wealth ranking system. Maybe even badges or trophies we can purchase as a symbol of wealth. There is only so much decorating I can do in my house or donating I can do, something needs to be done, even if it is as simple as abolishing the limit or introducing a banking system.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Survivor
Feb 13, 2014
Not a bad idea, it does get annoying having to waste your money on things you don't need we at least need a bank or have no limit at all. Or up the max to 600,000, which i rather not have a limit on how much money i got so i don't have to waste my money. They have a bank for everything else why not put it in bank only

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
bertie88093 on Jun 21, 2015 wrote:
This has probably been mentioned a million times but I am not a frequent visitor to these forums. But why do we have a max gold limit? I find myself reaching mine frequently and it is irritating. Feels almost as if we are being punished for playing frequently or for gardening well.

Can a wealth system not be put in place? Maybe for the price of gold those of us with great wealth can purchase symbols of wealth, gold bars, or plaques of varying levels as we pay greater amounts like a wealth ranking system. Maybe even badges or trophies we can purchase as a symbol of wealth. There is only so much decorating I can do in my house or donating I can do, something needs to be done, even if it is as simple as abolishing the limit or introducing a banking system.
I understand your point but I've never really considered it to be a problem myself. If it was XP or something else that could be useful later on I could sympathize but as it is it's just gold so overflow has never been a big deal since it's gold I haven't spent anyway. Buy some high level snacks, buy a mount in the Crown Shop (the ones available for gold are pretty pricey), hatch a hybrid pet... these are all ways to spend sizeable chunks of gold.
I am a badge hound so I do like your idea about the badge. Maybe the game could just keep a running tab of how much total gold you've earned. It could even be a new line item on your wizard stat page ... total gold earned to this point = $$$. How about a "Moneymaker" badge when you reach the one million gold mark? "Mint Master" when you reach ten million. "Master of Coin" when you hit one hundred million.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2013
I am an avid gardener so snacks are not an issue for me and I am in search for a hybrid pet but my hatching costs per week are pretty well covered by my gardening income if not exceeded by on a good harvest. I already have a few of the mounts and a few decorated houses. I would love the badge idea and the amounts you said would be good. Maybe even be able to sponsor a tournament or something. Just new and fun ways to spend that hard earned cash.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
bertie88093 on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
I am an avid gardener so snacks are not an issue for me and I am in search for a hybrid pet but my hatching costs per week are pretty well covered by my gardening income if not exceeded by on a good harvest. I already have a few of the mounts and a few decorated houses. I would love the badge idea and the amounts you said would be good. Maybe even be able to sponsor a tournament or something. Just new and fun ways to spend that hard earned cash.
I agree that sometimes it's a challenge to spend it all and not get that feeling it's wasted when your gold is maxed out. I've tried buying stuff and spreading it around all five of my wizards and still find it hard to spend it all. I did buy the Second Spring gardening spell the other day... that set me back $250,000 gold... but I'm nearly maxed out again.
It's a bit time consuming but another thing I've found is buying massive amount of reagents and then transmuting them to more rare reagents. This can burn through the gold pretty quickly too.

Survivor
May 23, 2015
pls wizard 101 can you pls make it so you can do pagoda ans spiral and stuff for 3 times so you can get gold and also can you make it easy to get gold pls this will be help full for some people by the way i like myth

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Here's a crazy thought about collecting gold...

...why not allow it to flow into your shared bank, where all your wizards can access and use it; oh, and eliminate the gold cap too please, pretty please, with sugar on top!

Survivor
Dec 22, 2012
I just think of a way to
  1. Make my character stronger
  2. Give my pet snacks
  3. Make an amazing house (I have an Arcane thingumabob)
When I achive that goal, I repeat
Lots of fun!
Moonpetal wizard (PURE FIRE) level 42