Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monsters walking on sidewalks?!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 08, 2015
I just saw a Gobbler Scouter ( Rank 2) standing on the sidewalk on Colossus Boulevard. Anyway else seen this happen?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Max Sterling on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
I just saw a Gobbler Scouter ( Rank 2) standing on the sidewalk on Colossus Boulevard. Anyway else seen this happen?
I've seen that happen. I think sometimes it might indicate a "temporary" connection issue. I've had similar things happen in Mooshu and Colossus Blvd. Now when I see it I usually just log off and back on again... better safe than sorry.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
i saw this also and i kept getting pulled when i was on the side walk

Survivor
Jul 14, 2014
Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
I've seen this in Cyclops Lane once.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2015
For me it was a dark fairy it ran up to me... then stopped
I walked up to it and it went back on the street
Elijah Drake:26
Elijah Drake:4
Elijah Drake:8

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
Defender
Aug 04, 2014
Usually this happens because you are having connection problems, but they shouldn't pull you. The only thing I can think of is you were on the street, and before your connection dropped you might have ran into a gobbler, then it showed you in a battle when you regained connection

Squire
May 10, 2013
Its not a connection glitch.
The monsters are programmed to roam around freely until it hits a wall or something - its called collision detection.
Rarely, monsters are able to walk on the sidewalks. FYI, don't mind this in Marleybone. There is no "sidewalk."
If it was a connection glitch, your game would lag for a few seconds to a minute, pull you in, then you loose the connection.
To me, in worlds past Celestia, there is no sidewalk, you just walk to the side. If I get pulled, well oh well.

@Tucson Wizard:
It isn't an indicate that you are about to lose connection. An actual indicate your about to lose connections as if you are in a fight and the turn just keeps going on. Then the symbol shows up.

It happened during an Atlantea run (believe me, I don't want to go there again.) And I still got loot :) Even if it wasn't the hat I wanted XD