Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mass deleting friends

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2014
As we play the game, we add people and quickly forget who they are. Our list gets full so quickly and we want to delete those we have forgotten or those who stopped playing. But it is so troublesome to scroll through the starred friends and find the ones you want to delete and have them deleted one by one. Why not have a mass delete button where you can just tick those you want off your list and be done with it. It shouldn't be a difficult feature to install and I hope KI will implement this in the next update. Thanks

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
People already complain about losing friends by accidental deletion. This idea causes more issues than it would solve. I don't think it would be a good idea,

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
It's a good idea. If you're afraid of accidentally deleting all your friends with the button, why not make it protected with the 'ABRACADABRA' confirmation? That would work.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
crayoticalitic on Jun 2, 2015 wrote:
As we play the game, we add people and quickly forget who they are. Our list gets full so quickly and we want to delete those we have forgotten or those who stopped playing. But it is so troublesome to scroll through the starred friends and find the ones you want to delete and have them deleted one by one. Why not have a mass delete button where you can just tick those you want off your list and be done with it. It shouldn't be a difficult feature to install and I hope KI will implement this in the next update. Thanks

I agree that the friends list could use some streamlining but I wouldn't go so far as a "mass delete". I would like to see something like an automatic deletion of any wizard on your list that has either been deleted by their user or has quit the community entirely.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
To solve this problem, I would suggest a very small text box that can be utilized as an Excel "insert comment" feature. So if you hover your mouse over a name on your friend list, you can see your note (only allow 20 -30 characters) "Met in WW 6/3/15 loved pet" This would at least give you some idea who they are when you go to delete them six months from now when your list is full and you want to add the person standing in front of you.

Other then keep a separate excel spreadsheet of this info, how DO people keep track of friends?

Curious

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
That's a great idea. I also have one but it is very unlikely that it would be used. Maybe for each friend, you can type in a description of where you met them/ how, and maybe a little about them. Ex. what they like, their personality (with chat filters if needed). That way you will remember all your friends and not be embarrassed if you forget someone and mistake them as someone else on your list. (That happened to me a few times ) It's kind of like a friend log, you can record the best memories you've had with your friends. Also maybe there can be a "where they were last online" thing for each friend in case you haven't seen a good friend in a long time and want to know if they still play.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
seethe42 on Jun 2, 2015 wrote:
People already complain about losing friends by accidental deletion. This idea causes more issues than it would solve. I don't think it would be a good idea,
I completely agree with you. When I was in Krokotopia, I made a really good friend who was in Marleybone at the time. We always helped each other out for everything and liked to PvP with each other. But because I only play during summer break to make sure I don't pay for a membership I might not use if I end up getting more homework than expected, he ended up deleting me; probably thought I completely stopped playing.