Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre Schools?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Currently, in Dragonspyre we have evidence of three schools. The school is a building with a tree, there's the rubble of a school & we have a tree. These 3 schools point towards Dragonspyre teaching the same schools as Ravenwood; but what if they only taught some of the same? The ghosts and helping characters we find in Dragonspyre are very human, maybe the Drakes originally taught at Dragonspyre? Unlikely, but possible. We're never told exactly when the Dragon War happened, but it's presumably the Century War, 100 years ago. But we don't know how old wizards can become, I assume that from everything Merle knows (and his appearance) he is probably much older than the average human. So the Drakes could have taught at Dragonspyre (the fact Sylvia's ghost is there is also convincing), meaning was probably also taught with the other spirit schools. Given the fact the, essentially, mascot of Dragonspyre is a dragon, I doubt would have been taught. I don't see any strong implications about in Dragonspyre, so you can think what you like.

After Dragonspyre's Dark Mages summoned the Dragon, the Dragon became angry and destroyed everything in Dragonspyre except the school because of obvious reasons. The tree also stayed, so anything fiery or deathly would have been favoured in this rage, so anything opposing this would be destroyed beyond recognition. The school was still there, but what of other schools? Do any of you have any ideas for what could have been taught in a military academy? The same schools? Different ones?

I'd like to think that there could be a side quest involving new spells in Dragonspyre, be they new schools or just new spells. So what do you think? Do you also want a quest starting off with Ashley or the mysterious tree? What are your ideas for quests, spells or even schools? Be sure to reply with your thoughts.

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Hmm. I would like to see something involving Ashley, it would definitely prove something. Maybe with the new additions coming on I would like to see maybe a Dragonspyre Past? Then it could explain more to us about the schools that were there. I haven't seen a Life school, where is that? but the fire and death schools I have seen and are prominent. I think that myth wouldn't be taught there, because just death and life could have the spirit thing under control. So maybe Fire, Death, Life and maybe Balance? I could see them having that. Maybe they could tie it in with the Wysteria schools or something?

Hope I helped,
Ashley Battle
Master Sorceress
Level 47

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
DreamGalleon21154 on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Hmm. I would like to see something involving Ashley, it would definitely prove something. Maybe with the new additions coming on I would like to see maybe a Dragonspyre Past? Then it could explain more to us about the schools that were there. I haven't seen a Life school, where is that? but the fire and death schools I have seen and are prominent. I think that myth wouldn't be taught there, because just death and life could have the spirit thing under control. So maybe Fire, Death, Life and maybe Balance? I could see them having that. Maybe they could tie it in with the Wysteria schools or something?

Hope I helped,
Ashley Battle
Master Sorceress
Level 47
While reading this, I remembered it was the Dark Mages of Dragonspyre who summoned the dragon; school hint anybody? Maybe that was why the dragon attacked so badly, to remove the evil from Dragonspyre. It could also explain the spirits, we see what magic can do to appearances first-hand, perhaps this is the reason the spirits still roam Dragonspyre. And enemies we fight include many creatures we can cast, maybe minions of the wizards that managed to survive, and also spiders. Lots and lots of spiders, especially in the Crystal Grove. It even says on the wiki page for Crystal Grove - 'This area of Dragonspyre has become thoroughly infested with spiders and Crystalmancers'. We were recently introduced to Jewel Socketing: how about a school of Crystal at Dragonspyre? They could've hidden in the maze of crystals (crystals don't burn well), and then attempted to rule Dragonspyre again. Crystals are a heavy theme in Dragonspyre. What do you think?

And I agree that could have been taught there (you don't learn that many weaknesses without a school for it), I'll go check where the school of is now (I can't remember), but what do you think about or Crystal?

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Okay, I went back and realised I'd assumed the two piles of rubble were & schools, but that the other Ravenwood schools are there. But two other schools that were destroyed must have been hated more than by the dragon, which means the possibility of a school there is more likely. But another school that dislikes more than must be one we have not yet been introduced to yet; pointing towards Crystal. Or there could have been a rivalry between & or that we don't know about. Either way, I was wrong when I told you that there was a definite school there.

Also, the trees for , & are gone, so maybe the dragon tested the trees on why they should live. And interesting idea would be if the tree there revealed their (his?) name and contributed to a side quest to do with these schools. Another thing about my Crystalmancy idea: what do you think Crystal spells would be like? Or do you think the schools are & and I'm over-thinking the whole thing?

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on May 28, 2015 wrote:
While reading this, I remembered it was the Dark Mages of Dragonspyre who summoned the dragon; school hint anybody? Maybe that was why the dragon attacked so badly, to remove the evil from Dragonspyre. It could also explain the spirits, we see what magic can do to appearances first-hand, perhaps this is the reason the spirits still roam Dragonspyre. And enemies we fight include many creatures we can cast, maybe minions of the wizards that managed to survive, and also spiders. Lots and lots of spiders, especially in the Crystal Grove. It even says on the wiki page for Crystal Grove - 'This area of Dragonspyre has become thoroughly infested with spiders and Crystalmancers'. We were recently introduced to Jewel Socketing: how about a school of Crystal at Dragonspyre? They could've hidden in the maze of crystals (crystals don't burn well), and then attempted to rule Dragonspyre again. Crystals are a heavy theme in Dragonspyre. What do you think?

And I agree that could have been taught there (you don't learn that many weaknesses without a school for it), I'll go check where the school of is now (I can't remember), but what do you think about or Crystal?
I could see Shadow, maybe hints of Morganthe attacking Dragonspyre at sometime? Crystal, I don't know. It has never been said before, but it sure could be. And I was also thinking maybe because of everything in Dragonspyre with fire and everything could lead there as well? Crystal, once again never heard of, but I could also see some tying into Weirwood from the school that was at the Spiral Cup thing in Wysteria.

Ashley Battle
Master Sorceress
Level 49

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
This is definitely interesting. I always liked the side quest in which you time travelled back to the time of Dragonspyre's destruction, so maybe KI could give us a storyline involving that machine again and Dragonspyre's past. They could also give us a quest explaining why are the ghosts of the people still roaming around, and also why are there so MANY spiders?! Anyway, I agreed: I don't think all of Ravenwood's schools were there. And since crystals are plentiful there, we could get something regarding them.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Max Sterling on May 29, 2015 wrote:
This is definitely interesting. I always liked the side quest in which you time travelled back to the time of Dragonspyre's destruction, so maybe KI could give us a storyline involving that machine again and Dragonspyre's past. They could also give us a quest explaining why are the ghosts of the people still roaming around, and also why are there so MANY spiders?! Anyway, I agreed: I don't think all of Ravenwood's schools were there. And since crystals are plentiful there, we could get something regarding them.
Thanks for the feedback, and going back to my question about Crystal spells, maybe they'd be like jewels, but in-deck. To explain what I mean, each spell card could have a certain amount of Crystal Slots (or a better name), probably no more than 3, and you could bejewel these slots with Crystal spells. Unlike , however, these enhancements would be much stronger and take a turn (and pips) to use. You could select the Crystal spell, let's say 'Onyx Blade', which gives a Supercharge-style X-pip amount of blade (5%/10% Death Blade per pip) to Hydra. With 4 pips, this would take a turn, and you would cast a spell showing a Crystal symbol (unsure what it could be, maybe just a clear shard?) and the next turn you'd have a Hydra with 1 slot taken that will deal 190 , & , +20%/40% charm to self.

What do you think? Too OP? Too weak? Or do you have a different idea?

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Blaze Sandblade on May 29, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, and going back to my question about Crystal spells, maybe they'd be like jewels, but in-deck. To explain what I mean, each spell card could have a certain amount of Crystal Slots (or a better name), probably no more than 3, and you could bejewel these slots with Crystal spells. Unlike , however, these enhancements would be much stronger and take a turn (and pips) to use. You could select the Crystal spell, let's say 'Onyx Blade', which gives a Supercharge-style X-pip amount of blade (5%/10% Death Blade per pip) to Hydra. With 4 pips, this would take a turn, and you would cast a spell showing a Crystal symbol (unsure what it could be, maybe just a clear shard?) and the next turn you'd have a Hydra with 1 slot taken that will deal 190 , & , +20%/40% charm to self.

What do you think? Too OP? Too weak? Or do you have a different idea?
Ok, so what I understood here, you're talking about enchanting slots with crystal jewels like item-augmenting? But with pips and turns. That could work.

Citrine

Amethyst

Sapphire

Ruby

Onyx

Peridot

Jade

Just wanted to list them. Btw, since enchanting is already taking by , Crystal spells could be called "augments" and "augmenting" instead.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Question: At what level will you learn Crystal Magic?

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
I am in the Crystal Grove now, so I am catching up with what you're saying, and I realized that some of them say Ancient Crystal something, the spiders. So maybe instead of humans teaching, spiders would? And it would be a huge act of traitorism or something from the spiders to the humans of Dragonspyre?

Ashley Battle
Grandmaster Sorceress
Level 51

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
DreamGalleon21154 on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
I am in the Crystal Grove now, so I am catching up with what you're saying, and I realized that some of them say Ancient Crystal something, the spiders. So maybe instead of humans teaching, spiders would? And it would be a huge act of traitorism or something from the spiders to the humans of Dragonspyre?

Ashley Battle
Grandmaster Sorceress
Level 51
In response to Max Sterling, I think Level 50 to start, and a new type of spell should be available every 5 levels. Say, level 50 sorcerers learn Citrine Shield (helpful), 55 we get Citrine Blade, 60 Citrine Trap, 65 Citrine Precision, 70 Citrine Attack (Judgement-style), 75 Citrine Heal, et cetera. There should also be an extra 1/2/3 universal spells like Opal Shield (Tower Shield) & Opal Guard (Legion Shield), Opal Blade (Balanceblade) & Opal Daggers (Bladestorm), Opal Trap (Curse/Hex/+), et cetera.

And in response to this reply; yes. We should have spiders teach us, and it could all start with the librarian Milos telling you speak with the Death Tree, who refers you to a hidden spider Crystalmancer and also a Dark Soul (soul of a Dark Mage) to teach .