Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard City open to Free-to-Play

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
There are so many worlds in the Spiral now that it just seems it'd be fitting to have Wizard City open completely to Free-to-Play(yes including all of the dungeons). It could get Wizard101 more players by pulling them deeper into the story in the beginning, and possibly keep veteran wizards, whose memberships have tum out, interested by giving them something to do, like Waterworks. Related to that, for the lower level wizards who can't do Waterworks, KI could create new dungeons in Wizard City, possibly with adaptive tiers, so that everyone could enjoy them.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Love this idea. There are so many other worlds there isn't a point in keeping WC a member area. There are what? 5 member zones? Just open those five to free members. It would boost the amount of players and such. I would know, I've been a free for most of my time playing W101. I was a free for 3 years. And I loved the game so much, I still didn't quit!

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
TheIronAlmond on May 25, 2015 wrote:
There are so many worlds in the Spiral now that it just seems it'd be fitting to have Wizard City open completely to Free-to-Play(yes including all of the dungeons). It could get Wizard101 more players by pulling them deeper into the story in the beginning, and possibly keep veteran wizards, whose memberships have tum out, interested by giving them something to do, like Waterworks. Related to that, for the lower level wizards who can't do Waterworks, KI could create new dungeons in Wizard City, possibly with adaptive tiers, so that everyone could enjoy them.
Yes, and give a refund to those who payed crowns to unlock Wizard City.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2011
TheIronAlmond on May 25, 2015 wrote:
I agree 100%! Also thats how it works In Wizard101 UK, all of WCity is free. I also feel they should cut down on how much you have to pay each zone in crowns. I mean 915 for a few rooms in the Pyramid of fire is really over priced.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
blakechu27 on Jun 1, 2015 wrote:
I agree 100%! Also thats how it works In Wizard101 UK, all of WCity is free. I also feel they should cut down on how much you have to pay each zone in crowns. I mean 915 for a few rooms in the Pyramid of fire is really over priced.
What?! UK people get lots of benefits.

And I'm not sure if you meant "few rooms" literally or figuratively. Because 915 for multiple areas is actually much better than buying every room separately. In Wysteria you can't even fight unless you have 2,000 crowns. But at least 3,000 crowns for the whole world is cheaper than Krokotopia.

Also, KI should lower the Grizzleheim cost. Right now it's the same price as Wintertusk, and Wintertusk is something like 1,915 per area, and that's more than even Avalon! Grizzleheim should be like 900 - 1,000 per area.