Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the best way to farm experience points

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
I wanna level up really fast (im lvl 23) and i wanna move up really fast. Any good ways to farm experience?

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Hello,

You can level quickest by progressing through the Main story line and completing side quest(s) within a zone prior to continuing on to the next area.

The fact that this game uses a turn-based combat system instead of a real-time system, and requires you to enter a duel most of the time in order to complete w/e quest is given, doesn't allow you to "power level" or level at a extraordinary rate.

You may have higher level wizards on your friend's list that are willing to carry you through dungeons to acquire XP you otherwise wouldn't yet have access to. There are also purchasable elixirs in the Crown Shop which offer a temporary boost to your XP gains.

I'm not aware of another option for you to gain XP at a quicker than normal rate, other than the ones I mentioned.

Repetitive quests to defeat the same mobs will seem boring, the continuous back and forth with specific NPC's and item collection quests will frustrate you as well, but just keep on playing and eventually you will achieve your goal of level 100.

Best of luck to you,

Lincoln Realm
Gabriel 100
Michael 86 and climbing

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
mazinhamster on May 23, 2015 wrote:
I wanna level up really fast (im lvl 23) and i wanna move up really fast. Any good ways to farm experience?
do your quests (main and side); that is the only way to level up.

farming won't give you bonus xp; anytime you complete an instance more than once, the xp you receive is actually decreased. so you're much better off following the main storyline.

-von
exalted
arch
grand
magus

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Quest. There are no good shortcuts. Some players try to "power level" by porting into higher level areas, but in the long run that doesn't help. Just follow the story line, pick up sides as you go, but don't spend a lot of time on them, as often you defeat and collect the things you need for the sides while doing the mains.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Why Power Level anyway? If this is your first Wizard sit back and enjoy the game. On my first Wizard I did very quest in every world. I di the various gauntlets and side dungeons. By the time I was finished with Azteca I was nearly Exalted. People would question me all the time why was I such a high level doing a certain quest Here a good tip however. When you get to around level 40 or so start going through Grizzle and then to Wintertusk. In Wintertusk you will level very fast as the XP is very high there.

Good Luck and Enjoy Yourself first and foremost.

Scarlet ShadowStone Exalted five various other wizards :)

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
There is no way to farm for XP. If you try to beat some street mobs, or spam a dungeon, you would actually be leveling slower than you would if you'd just do your quests.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
Thanks everyone for helping meh! i guess i just have to finish all of my side krokotopia quests first before i continue into marleybone it seems! Anyways, i didn't know your xp decreases if you spam a boss or something! Nice to know!

Anyways, Peace

Taylor Boomheartlevel 27(yes, i'm level 27 now!)