Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help when training the pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 03, 2013
Hello guys. I have the Nightwalker pet (hybrid of Wraith and Orthrus) and I'd like him to have may casts talents, fairy, sprite, unicorn... I have hatched it with other pets with those talents, but I don't know how to train it. I was training, but I only got resist talents. Which attribute should I train most? Strenght, agility, will, intellect or power? Which pet game is the best for that? Which sneaks should I use?
Thank you.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
BabaRoga13 on May 17, 2015 wrote:
Hello guys. I have the Nightwalker pet (hybrid of Wraith and Orthrus) and I'd like him to have may casts talents, fairy, sprite, unicorn... I have hatched it with other pets with those talents, but I don't know how to train it. I was training, but I only got resist talents. Which attribute should I train most? Strenght, agility, will, intellect or power? Which pet game is the best for that? Which sneaks should I use?
Thank you.
It doesn't matter what stats you train. Talents are set at hatching time. They will be the same no matter what snacks or games you use. Just train it up until you get a talent you don't want, then rehatch it with another pet, preferably with the same talents you want.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
The talents you get are completely random. Play any game you want, as long as you're good at it. I do the Dance Game because it's really short and easy.

Try to hatch with pets with the talents you want, then just play any pet game you're good at and feed your pet snacks. Training in the different attributes such as Will, Power, etc. have no effect whatsoever on the talents your pet gets when it levels up. Just keep trying! You'll eventually get the talents you want :). It always happens!

Hope I helped!

Leesha StarForge, level 74

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Talents are determined when your pet hatches, so nothing in training effects what it gets. Snacks and games don't matter to that.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
None of that matters. It's random. You would have found the same answer much faster had you used the search function, but I guess not.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2013
Thanks, guys. And lewski, sorry, I am new on message boards.