Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizards in irl?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Hi everyone! I had an idea while playing one of the many tcg's I play and thought of this new thing for wizard101. My idea was what if they put a tcg out for wizard 101 and you could have all the spells you have in the game but in real life. But have in the pack a code card for an item in the game like a pet ,housing item ,and many more. I think this would add a little bit more excitement to the players that don't play as often online. What do you think i would love to know.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Oh, and by the way! A TCG is a Trading card game like Pokemon and things like that!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Not a bad idea if for no other reason than collectability. For actual playing, you could even make your own sets. But it would take an awful lot of cards if you consider that you have a possible 4 people playing per side...
You'd almost have to limit the deck sizes to much smaller than they are in-game...
Hypothetically, if you had a 4 on 4 match and EVERYONE wanted to be the same school, lets use Fire for the example... I think Fire has 39 available spells at this time...
Based on a 64 card deck with a 6-card Max per spell you would need 234 cards just to provide 6 of each...
x8 players = 1,872 cards...
x7 schools = 13,104 cards...
Plus all of the Sun, Moon and Star spells...
Not to mention the sideboard cards.

So all in all you could end up with a game with up to, well... a Spiral full of cards.

Kind of bulky. Very cool but bulky.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
The production costs of trading cards in a market dominated by internationally established tcg's such as Pokemon, Magic, and Yu-Gi-Oh would outweigh the profits. KingsIsle would have to pay a third party to manufacture the cards and then convince retailers to buy the packs in bulk. If not enough people buy the product then the poor sales could reflect badly on KingsIsle and advertisers might not want to continue promoting their games. Player sign ups could then drop and, as a result, fewer people would subscribe for memberships and even fewer would buy crowns.

Does anyone here remember Digimon? It was a popular television series, but its games and toys did not sell well.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Champion
Jul 13, 2013
stormymastermind on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
Hi everyone! I had an idea while playing one of the many tcg's I play and thought of this new thing for wizard101. My idea was what if they put a tcg out for wizard 101 and you could have all the spells you have in the game but in real life. But have in the pack a code card for an item in the game like a pet ,housing item ,and many more. I think this would add a little bit more excitement to the players that don't play as often online. What do you think i would love to know.
I think this is a great idea! Wizard101 is basically a card game, so why not put out more cards?

Myrna Dragoncloud, Transdescendant

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
stormymastermind on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
The only way I would invest is if you can buy certain school sets by the pack. For an example if they had a: Fire set, Life set, Storm set. I would invest then. I wouldn't want to buy multiple packs just to get a random set of cards. Other than that good idea.