Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What sport would your wizard play?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 14, 2012
So last night I was watching the Final Four and being the true W101 player that I am I found myself thinking about my wizard. It's funny how the game seeps into my everyday life from time to time. (is that weird?) Anyway. I got to thinking and an idea struck me about outfits. So here is my idea. SPORTS OUTFITS:
Basketball:
Hat - Head/sweat band
Robe - Basketball jersey and shorts
Boots - Basketball shoes (maybe knee-high socks also)
Ward - A basketball that we dribble and free-throw when casting
* all colorable and maybe the number on the jersey is our level on back and school on front

Baseball:
Hat - Baseball Hat with school emblem on front
Robe - Baseball pinstripe uniform jersey and pants
Boots - Baseball cleats with or without socks
Wand - Baseball Bat that swings as if a homerun when casting
* all colorable and maybe the number on the jersey is our level on back and school on front
Football (American):
Hat - Football helmet w/ school emblem
Robe - Football uniform with pads
Boots - Football cleats
Wand - Football that we touchdown dance when casting.
Football (Soccer):
Hat - Head/sweat band
Robe - Soccer uniform Shirt and shorts
Boots - Soccer cleats and socks
Wand - Soccer ball that we that we kick around when casting.
These are just a few examples. Many sports could be adapted. So what do you think of my idea. What sport would you like to see your wizard play? Let me know and lets tell KI to make this a thing.
Happy Days! See you in the Spiral my friends.

Duncan Stormweaver 100

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
Not bad, but I'd change some of the wand casting ideas.

Football (American): The player punts the ball when casting.

Football (international): The player jumps and kicks the ball when casting.

Also, rather than restricting the item sets to one per character, a sports arena could be added to the game in which wizards team up to play the sports. Upon completing a game, a wizard could be awarded a number of tokens that can then be spent on sports gear. The gear could provide bonuses for the games as well as for general use.

What level your wizard is and what equipment they have outside the arena wouldn't have any bearing on their effectiveness at the games.

A totally new competitive addition to the game could be made out of this!

Survivor
May 17, 2011
I totally agree i would play basketball and i am kinda sad kentucky lost to wisconsin but yeah basketball is my thing

-Aaron ThunderBreeze level 100 wizard

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
this would be fun my wiz would be a basketball player or soccer player depending on the gear

Explorer
Oct 12, 2014
Tennis is my favorite sport
Tennis clothing is nice

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
My wizards would just read. Reading is a sport, right? Because you move your eyes and hands :P

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
lewski on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
My wizards would just read. Reading is a sport, right? Because you move your eyes and hands :P
lol maybe

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
lewski on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
yes! i would be a book athlete, too~ a speed-reader!

also, uh, quidditch. because harry potter. that is all. :)