Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Many Times Have I Done Darkmoor?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I feel like I've done it so many times and have been unsuccessful because I have yet to see a Malistaire robe with my name written on it. I was wondering if there was something that could tell me or if people at KingsIsle could tell me.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
rangertom6 on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
I feel like I've done it so many times and have been unsuccessful because I have yet to see a Malistaire robe with my name written on it. I was wondering if there was something that could tell me or if people at KingsIsle could tell me.
all drops are random; it could take you 3 tries, 13, 300... or, at the rate i'm going, maybe 3000. there is no method to the madness.

i farmed for almost 5 months and completed 500+ runs before i saw any gear from this instance; i have 3 exalted wizards, and not one of them has a full set. so don't hold your breath.

(balance has hat/robe/athame and storm has boots; poor death has nothing)

that said, it should not take us months or years to get gear that will be obsolete by the time we actually see it.

that's unfair, not to mention unrealistic, and my luck is much the same in similar instances~ my storm has been at morganthe for almost a year (still no amulet, for any of my exalted wizards), and i farmed tartarus for close to 2 years (only one piece of gear over 3 wizards), before i finally gave up. took my balance wizard a year and a half to get her ring from gladiator as well.

i'm so sick of farming that even thinking about it puts me in a horrible mood. no wonder that plays has earned the nickname 'castle dread-more'... very apropos, if you ask me.

-von

Administrator
rangertom6 on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
I'm sorry, but this is not the sort of information we would provide.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Mar 29, 2012
honestly, I think the trick is not to "grind" away at it. give it a run or two then go do other things for awhile. come back the next day or when you are ready for a challenge again. This worked for me, I have three max wizards with full darkmoor gear and morganthe amulets. I dont always have lots of time to play so I just try to make sure its fun when I do. Luck be with you!
Amber

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
Its a pain to get, it really is, but I'd honestly just suggest the same as Amber did, don't really grind it, do it a few times and then do other things. You'll get it eventually. Good luck!