Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help! I have too much gold! What do I spend it on?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
I've got max gold, and I still have more items to sell. They are filling up all my banks. I don't need anymore TCs, furniture items, or gear! Hatching with a pet takes too much time and I already have a decent death pet. I would buy tons of mega snacks but they don't sell any with gold.

What do I spend it on?!? I want it to be useful to my character, and I've already given out about 200 treasure cards I don't use.

Thanks in advance
Natalie

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
Wow, not many people complain on having too much gold! I would go to the bazaar. Buy reagents you need, cool armor and whatever else looks cool. Sorry if I'm not much help .

Sabrina Wintercloud

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
I am in a similar situation, although worse. I'm maxed out on gold, so I can't sell anything, I'm maxed out on treasure cards, and backpack space, and bank space. I literally can't do anything.
Myrna Dragoncloud, Trans-descendant

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
what a pickle, maybe... um... uh... UHHHHHH...

CRAFTING! buy reagents and craft everything in the spiral! maybe the tapestry to each world? oh but you need fish for that... Oh! how about enabling fish buying? you could... ah who am i kidding, i got nothing

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 29

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Buy a castle? Or perhaps buy the castle block recipes in the shopping district and start making a castle block house. That always takes a bunch of gold.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
natshadowbane on Mar 20, 2015 wrote:
I've got max gold, and I still have more items to sell. They are filling up all my banks. I don't need anymore TCs, furniture items, or gear! Hatching with a pet takes too much time and I already have a decent death pet. I would buy tons of mega snacks but they don't sell any with gold.

What do I spend it on?!? I want it to be useful to my character, and I've already given out about 200 treasure cards I don't use.

Thanks in advance
Natalie
If I were u, I'd buy mounts from the crown shop or something. Idk. The crown shop has a lot of good items for gold.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Personally, I'd buy hard to fing reagents...
Go to the Bizarre, and spend on Turquoise, Sunstone, Astral Shards...
Buy the Rank 10 TC's for your school, and any others you plan to craft Krysalis Armor with

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
What I've done is:

1) Buy all Gardening spells
2) Buy all Fishing spells
3) Buy all Transmute spells
4) Buy reagents over 1,000 gold in the largest quantities I can (and transmute them, when possible, if im maxed out in those)

Being maxed on gold is a VERY common thing to happen, ESPECIALLY when working on the second or third, etc wizard. banksharing reagents and pet snacks makes them available to ALL wizards on that account so you dont have to buy much, if any, for crafting quests

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
I don't have many ideas but maybe you could buy some mounts from the crown shop (there are gold mounts), buy houses, house items, pets, um that's all i can think of. Normally i have to little gold to buy stuff,

Explorer
Aug 09, 2013
I suggest you head to the Wizard City Bazaar and buy a lot of expensive things.

(or maybe you could be nice and buy Treasure Cards and trade them to low levels)

Sorry if I'm not much help. I've never had this problem so I can't be to sympathetic about it

Jacob Blue Sword, lvl 22 Pyromancer

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
natshadowbane on Mar 20, 2015 wrote:

Thanks in advance
Natalie
If you have multiple wizards with school issue pets you could try hatching for possible hybrids. This will cost 30K+ gold per attempt.
Buy recipes and rare reagents- even if you don't intend crafting anything this will eat gold pretty quickly and recipes don't take up inventory space.
Same thing with pet snacks. There's a cap limit but you can still spend a lot of gold buying level 6 or 7 snacks even if you don't intend to use them right away. Also, snacks are tradable through the shared bank system so if and when you need to train a pet for a different wizard you'll have the snacks layed-away.

P.S. - you can start a new wizard for the sole purpose of having an additional outlet for shared-bank items. A wizard from the school of Storage.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2015
You can buy recipes and reagents to craft mega snacks! That's what I want to do but I don't have enough gold.....

Survivor
May 24, 2013
You could buy mounts from the crowns shop, or buy high level gear and feed it to your pet. Sometimes you get xp, treasure cards, and reagents from that.