Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 3-6-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday! And you know what that means? It's time to hear from you!

During the last KI Live, you may recall I made a special guest appearance and got to tell everyone which holiday in game is my favorite (which is Halloween in case you missed it!) We had a great Halloween this year and had a new Harrowing Hoard Pack that featured new Wings, Pets, weapons, and gear. Both the Original Nightmare Pack and the Harrowing Nightmare Pack have a fun array of similar haunted housing items, but I must ask, if you were to build a new Halloween Scene in your house, what kind of items would you use to haunt and delight your friends? Maybe some jiggly brain Jell-O or a few funny tombstones? Use your imagination and think outside the coffin on this one!

Hope you have a great Friday! Thanks for your feedback and funny comments.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
Mar 10, 2009
A Trick or Treat door that when you knock, Dworgyn would hand out pet snacks once a day.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
You can't go wrong with undead. I'd go with something more animated, like a grave with a zombie trying to climb out, or a coffin that a vampire jumps out of when you interact with it, or if you don't have much space, a skull that still has it's neckbone and is sentient, so it looks around. Oh, and even though it breaks the theme of my comment, a spiderweb wall hanging, with a spider on it.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
My Halloween House:
I have a death house so it's full of all sorts of spooky wonderful things that I've picked up and or gotten in halloween packs. It's full of pets of the ghoulish, skeleton and ghost variety wandering it's halls. There are pumpkins and vampire or witch cardboard stand-ups. Graves with spooky messages and signs that state to abandon hope.

Rooms:
Outside is the graveyard guarded by my Cloudstrider Pegasus and several nghtmare horses as it's minions. There are pleanty of witches cauldrons and pumpkins. There is a spooky mooshoo shrine in a mausoleum and plenty of dead creepy trees.

Down the side entrance is a laboratory full of spooky equipment and a furnace. I've stuck a lot of wizard city items down there such as the crystal ball and Bunsen burner to help test nefarious experiments. I have placed a bunch of jars containing batwings and brains to give the lab some atmosphere (The undead rabbit from halloween also lives there) There is also a crate of jelly beans for incidental snacks.

Inside in the backroom I have stored some of my spooky souvineers from other worlds like Krokotopian mummies and sarcophaguses. There is also a frozen girl in stone who looks suspiciously like Selena Gomez. Muahahahaha! Beware the death scarabs.

The kitchen has a large cauldron and pleanty and pleanty of pumpkins and sweets to make sure that there is always enough to eat while visiting the place. Because you may never leave~ Muahaahaha *breathe* Muahahaaha.

Finally the bedrooms are filled with lovely draconic statues aquired from dragonspire and the halls are filled with tapestries and shrines!

I love my Halloween house~

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Professor Falmea on Mar 6, 2015 wrote:
It's Friday! And you know what that means? It's time to hear from you!

During the last KI Live, you may recall I made a special guest appearance and got to tell everyone which holiday in game is my favorite (which is Halloween in case you missed it!) We had a great Halloween this year and had a new Harrowing Hoard Pack that featured new Wings, Pets, weapons, and gear. Both the Original Nightmare Pack and the Harrowing Nightmare Pack have a fun array of similar haunted housing items, but I must ask, if you were to build a new Halloween Scene in your house, what kind of items would you use to haunt and delight your friends? Maybe some jiggly brain Jell-O or a few funny tombstones? Use your imagination and think outside the coffin on this one!

Hope you have a great Friday! Thanks for your feedback and funny comments.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
An army of ghostly plants and fierce hounds along with tons of cloudstrider pegasus (from Nightmare pack :D)

Oh and can't forget Bone Drakes and bat wings!

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Mountable effects. A device that can be placed in your home that displays a repeatable animation. The animation could be looped on an automatic sequence or activated by clicking 'X'.

For the halloween season i'd have effects like;

A pack of bats flying around overhead like in Darkmoor. (Would be able to go inside or outside)

Mist flowing over an area on the floor. In the gaps of the mist you can see an occasional creature slithering or creeping underneath.

Ghosts hovering back and forth, appearing and disappearing in the target area.

A cauldron with some boiling concoction, mist flowing over the top and other mystical effects flying about. Press 'X' to drink from it and gives you a random 5 minute transformation that turns you into a mini humogofrog or a Bog Witch or something fitting the season.

Wallpapers with animation;

Something that creeps behind you along the walls. You can see it's claws and fangs ready to attack you but if you turn to face the presence it hides behind a corner. If you chase it you never catch up to it. Or it disappears behind some shadow doorway in the wallpaper.

Pairs of sinister glowing eyes on black wallpaper. They look diretly at you wherever you are in the room. Some are small and huddled together in the corners every now and then a huge pair come out of nowhere and look down on you.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
i would like to see a haunted wardrobe that is interactive. When someone presses x near it a ghost pops out.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2009
Hmm, I'd probably have the following:

• Mystic Window - Glowing Wolf eyes suddenly appear with a sudden knock at the window just as a player runs past.
  • Halloween Candy Table - A Table full of Halloween Candy Treats, decorated with Pumpkins around them, and a Ghostly Table Covering. Pressing X causes it to shake or float and drop some Pet Treats.
  • Hand of Bones - A Skeleton hand coming out of the ground and grabs the player, which then drags them into a secret room (Different Scene) filled with rubbish and bones and a quest to find The Skeleton Head's bone parts and put him back together. Basically a dungeon where you defeat other certain skeletons to get back is own bones.
  • Cave of Wings - If there was a Haunted Castle to be added, I'd also include a bonus that is similar to "Amber Estate" with the dragon fly, but instead a haunted ride where you grab onto the legs of a giant bat and it flies you through a scary cave with ghosts, and noises.
  • Nightmare Fence & Gate - A stone & Metal Bar fence that is broken, this can allow the player to create a great Graveyard or Haunted Garden.
  • Flickering Light - A Lamp flickering with small cobwebs around it.
  • Claw Marked Wallpaper - Plain old Brown wallpaper with 3 Giant Claw marks down it looking like it was ripped out.
  • Crashed Chandelier - A fallen Candle Chandelier that can be placed on the ground, only some of the candles are lit though.
  • Happy Halloween Wall Banner - Decorated Banner
  • Halloween Orange & Black Balloons - Basically Orange and Black Balloons
  • Moonlit Tomb - A Tomb that can turn your Castle to Night Time and activates a Halloween Trick or Treat Door game around your Castle for players to play and grab some Treats.
  • Haunted Door Bell & Desk Bell - It can either make a funny / scary ding OR it could be a music box.
  • Music Scrolls:

- Creaking Ambience (Doors, Window Crashes, Footsteps, Screeches, Witch Laughs, Random Piano Sounds.)
- Trick or Treat Tune spoken/sung by in-game characters.

I have loads more, but ran out of characters. :)

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
  • Fog machine (similar to the Pagoda-Shaped Urn item)
  • Strobe light
  • Hangman's galley platform
  • Halloween-themed bobbleheads of all the Wizard City Professors
  • Ghoul-themed Carousel item
  • Red/Green/Yellow/Pink/White/Blue ghost generators - creates patrolling ghosts
  • Magic Chalice - once a day, gives your character a random 1hr transformation when you drink (ex- Vampire Bat, Ghoul, Banshee)

Explorer
May 17, 2009
1. Halloween themed music scrolls

2. Candles that turn on when you walk near them and off when you leave.

3. Interactive furniture items such as a door that when you click x might open or close with a creaking sound.

4. Fog machines (I now you can use the mooshu item for mist but it is very big and a smaller item that emits fog or mist into a targeted area would be nice. Similiar to how the snowglobe works but it would put mist on the floor instead)

5. Wall chains that move with maybe skeletons attached to them.

6. More themed Halloween wallpaper and or flooring.

7. A butler as a furniture item (similiar to pets how they walk around your house when placed) you could put him/her down like a pet and he/she could roam your house but unlike a pet you can not equip...it would be furniture only.

8. A haunted box that when you clicked X on it ghost would fly around you.

9. Halloween themed hair with spider or something crawling in it, or different colored glowing eyes that would equip like hair. (i know there is already the red eyes from the halloween hood but other eyes with normal hair would be nice)

10. A pumpkin furniture item that would be similiar to the fish tank item where you or your friends could come once a day and recieve an item.

There are many ideas but I figured 10 would be good for now. Thanks for reading.

Community Leader
Spider webs- Like the ones in lord nightshade. Ones we can place on floor and walls

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
ghost flying around in and out of rooms giant spiders outside roaming the yard. books floating around. undead mobs every where ya know it kind of be like the hunted cave just mobs all around roaming the place. belloq would stand in a certain place and stand there as if you were about to fight him thats scary to me cause if you get pulled a battle with him and don't have a set up deck your just dead unless you have spells like temp.

Administrator
These are some great ideas, folks! We'll keep this in mind for future Halloween scariness. New topic shall be posted shortly...

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea