Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cheats...Cheats...Cheats...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Is it not fair that sometimes enemies and bosses start battles with more pips than you? This allows them to cast powerful spells first things first. While people start with 1 or 2 pips, enemies start with 5 or 6 pips. Even worse, some of them are power pips! Another cheat that is not to our like is "spells after spells". That's a very tricking strategy enemies use. After casting an attack spell, the enemy will cast the exact same spell, and even if the enemy doesn't have enough pips, he can cast it. Others dispel the class that was the spell that was just casted. Ex, you cast frost giant on an enemy, then he uses ice dispel on you after the stun round. Another cheat following is know the class. The enemy knows your class and uses that class' dispel on you. Now, moving on to protection cheats. This is used a lot by Celestia enemies. After attacking the opponent, the opponent will cast a spell on himself. This spell cannot be received from any opponent: -90 tower shield. The damage, it just lowers very massively when you break the shield. Piercing may come in handy for these kinds of situations. Well, that's all. Post some other cheats here, and describe them so I may know what to realize in future boss battles.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Oni Slayer on Mar 4, 2015 wrote:
Is it not fair that sometimes enemies and bosses start battles with more pips than you? This allows them to cast powerful spells first things first. While people start with 1 or 2 pips, enemies start with 5 or 6 pips. Even worse, some of them are power pips! Another cheat that is not to our like is "spells after spells". That's a very tricking strategy enemies use. After casting an attack spell, the enemy will cast the exact same spell, and even if the enemy doesn't have enough pips, he can cast it. Others dispel the class that was the spell that was just casted. Ex, you cast frost giant on an enemy, then he uses ice dispel on you after the stun round. Another cheat following is know the class. The enemy knows your class and uses that class' dispel on you. Now, moving on to protection cheats. This is used a lot by Celestia enemies. After attacking the opponent, the opponent will cast a spell on himself. This spell cannot be received from any opponent: -90 tower shield. The damage, it just lowers very massively when you break the shield. Piercing may come in handy for these kinds of situations. Well, that's all. Post some other cheats here, and describe them so I may know what to realize in future boss battles.
Cheating bosses can be very frustrating. But computer AI in this game is no match for human strategy. We can think and reason on a round-by-round basis so right out of the box we have a distinct advantage. Even if a boss starts with a massive number of pips and HP we still have an edge. Sure, they can defeat us but more often than not the player(s) will win. Otherwise we'd have a whole bunch of low level players that never get out of Wizard City. How many times have you seen a minion cast the wrong blade on a boss or heal an ally that's at full health when there's another one on the brink of death? It happens all the time and those are just a couple of examples. Face it, if bosses didn't cheat there would be a zillion max-level wizards with nothing left to do and the rest would have quit because the game offered no challenge.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
TucsonWizard on Mar 6, 2015 wrote:
Cheating bosses can be very frustrating. But computer AI in this game is no match for human strategy. We can think and reason on a round-by-round basis so right out of the box we have a distinct advantage. Even if a boss starts with a massive number of pips and HP we still have an edge. Sure, they can defeat us but more often than not the player(s) will win. Otherwise we'd have a whole bunch of low level players that never get out of Wizard City. How many times have you seen a minion cast the wrong blade on a boss or heal an ally that's at full health when there's another one on the brink of death? It happens all the time and those are just a couple of examples. Face it, if bosses didn't cheat there would be a zillion max-level wizards with nothing left to do and the rest would have quit because the game offered no challenge.
So... the enemies are computer-generated then?

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
its just to make the game more challenging my in opinion

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Oni Slayer on Mar 6, 2015 wrote:
So... the enemies are computer-generated then?
Of course they are! Do you think there's a KI employee sitting at a desk somewhere waiting to play against the next person who steps into his/her designated sigil? They'd need thousands of employees to man thousands of desks to play thousands of battles that are going on at any given time. I wouldn't doubt that there are times when an actual KI human might be playing against us but strictly for quality control or testing purposes.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
TucsonWizard on Mar 9, 2015 wrote:
Of course they are! Do you think there's a KI employee sitting at a desk somewhere waiting to play against the next person who steps into his/her designated sigil? They'd need thousands of employees to man thousands of desks to play thousands of battles that are going on at any given time. I wouldn't doubt that there are times when an actual KI human might be playing against us but strictly for quality control or testing purposes.
Their technology is very advanced, you say? I agree. They'd need new versions of computers to create the ability for an electronic device to automatically play itself. But, what about cheats? If they're computer-generated, they can play the game, but with cheats, do they choose the spell to cheat or do their cheats come automatically? Does KI install cheating equipment on the enemies?

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
It's all about scripting, they don't have to buy any special equipment. Computers are very advanced and can do many things, including randomly generating things. Boss cheats have triggers that are scripted, a KI employee does not play as a boss.

The only thing I think should be removed is that bosses can cast spells without needing the pips. Everything else is perfect.

-Nick level 100

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Oni Slayer on Mar 9, 2015 wrote:
Their technology is very advanced, you say? I agree. They'd need new versions of computers to create the ability for an electronic device to automatically play itself. But, what about cheats? If they're computer-generated, they can play the game, but with cheats, do they choose the spell to cheat or do their cheats come automatically? Does KI install cheating equipment on the enemies?
Generally speaking, "cheating bosses" are in specific instances (boss dungeons). For example, a mild one would be the Loremaster in Dragonspyre. In that instance the Strength Font will cast a blade on the boss every four rounds. This comes as an interrupt meaning basically it's an extra turn. It will cast at the beginning of the round regardless of the casting order of the round. Another one would be Belloq in Zafaria. If Belloq is not hit with a damage spell during a round he'll cast a 0-pip Ra at the start of the next round. These cheats are pre-programmed and they're automatic. And then there are the circumastances when an enemy just happens to cast a weakness or a shield just when you're about to hit. These could be coincidences but there are times when I swear the computer AI is peaking at my cards!

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
TucsonWizard on Mar 10, 2015 wrote:
Generally speaking, "cheating bosses" are in specific instances (boss dungeons). For example, a mild one would be the Loremaster in Dragonspyre. In that instance the Strength Font will cast a blade on the boss every four rounds. This comes as an interrupt meaning basically it's an extra turn. It will cast at the beginning of the round regardless of the casting order of the round. Another one would be Belloq in Zafaria. If Belloq is not hit with a damage spell during a round he'll cast a 0-pip Ra at the start of the next round. These cheats are pre-programmed and they're automatic. And then there are the circumastances when an enemy just happens to cast a weakness or a shield just when you're about to hit. These could be coincidences but there are times when I swear the computer AI is peaking at my cards!
So, then, not all cheats are manually and automatically programmed by KI?

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
TucsonWizard on Mar 10, 2015 wrote:
I know exactly how you feel! Once you get past the first half of the game, I've noticed that this happens a lot more, at least so far(Celestia). As for the Lorekeeper, I think that she is meant to be fought with four wizards, but even then it's so hard! Then on the other hand, the Aquila dungeon bosses are always cheating! It's quite possible to beat them, but the hit-for-hits get a little overwhelming. Although, seeing as you're much farther than I am, it must be worse.

Daniel S.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
TucsonWizard on Mar 6, 2015 wrote:
Agreed.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Oni Slayer on Mar 10, 2015 wrote:
So, then, not all cheats are manually and automatically programmed by KI?
They are programmed to automatically trigger by a specific action.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
TucsonWizard on Mar 11, 2015 wrote:
They are programmed to automatically trigger by a specific action.
Clever technology...I wish I had owned some of that.