Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More pips

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Has it ever bothered you that you have 7 power pips but you use only 10 pips, which goes to 2 power pips? Well, I was thinking there could be spells that is 14 pips for each school. I'm also looking forward to 11, 12, and 13 pip spells. That way, you can use all the pips (which is bad cause next round you have only one pip .) and also deal a lot of damage (good so you can end the battle quickly .) Multi-attack spells with 11-15 pips can come in handy.

This is a Balance Wizard, whose name is to remain unknown, ending the start of this post.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Those will most probably get added, because we're getting one more arc in the least.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Naw, It's all about shadow pips now. I want to hold 4 like Mali does.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2014
I agree, but I think we should have more shadow enhanced spells like the new darkmoor spells. They are 5 regular pips with one shadow pip so maybe you could have it where the next spells are 6,7, or eight regular pips with a shadow or ytwo shadow pip rrquirement.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You can use all 14 pips with the X pip spells. That's especially powerful for a Balance wizard like yourself.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
seethe42 on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:
You can use all 14 pips with the X pip spells. That's especially powerful for a Balance wizard like yourself.
I agree about your advice to X pip spells...well, yea, they're powerful for each pip, but I was rooting for a spell with the number 11, 12, 13, or 14 in the top left corner of a spell. X pip spells are considered one of them, since they can use all 7 pips or power pips, 14 that is, and yea. I should use Judgement more...Ah, yes. I almost forgot. Adding to this post, maybe they can make us have the maximum of 8 pips not 7, so people have access to at least some powerful spells in the Treasure Cards.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Dakota Death on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
Naw, It's all about shadow pips now. I want to hold 4 like Mali does.
Mali?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Oni Slayer on Mar 3, 2015 wrote:
I agree about your advice to X pip spells...well, yea, they're powerful for each pip, but I was rooting for a spell with the number 11, 12, 13, or 14 in the top left corner of a spell. X pip spells are considered one of them, since they can use all 7 pips or power pips, 14 that is, and yea. I should use Judgement more...Ah, yes. I almost forgot. Adding to this post, maybe they can make us have the maximum of 8 pips not 7, so people have access to at least some powerful spells in the Treasure Cards.
We don't really need access to more powerful treasure cards. The spells from our own school are powerful enough.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Mali?
Malistaire. Also, to correct my other post, we don't need access to more powerful off-school treasure cards.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Mali?
Malistaire in Darkmoor

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Yes! We need more Pips beyond 7 in duels! I've been asking about that for a really long time & I HEAVILY agree that we should have more Pips beyond that old long-standing limit of 7 since the game's beginning, I guess, & with more higher ranked spells beyond 10 on the way, I feel that casting more higher ranked spells are getting more and more difficult as we wait to get more Pips through turn after turn in duels after the recent high ranked spells get launched time to time. I really want to have more breathing room to cast more new spells beyond rank 10 & be able to use more Pips to the X Pip spells to deal more damage to tougher monsters. We still need to get through tougher challenges, & we can't do that as long as that old Pip limit is still standing. Don't you agree, Wizards?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Trimond297 on Mar 4, 2015 wrote:
Yes! We need more Pips beyond 7 in duels! I've been asking about that for a really long time & I HEAVILY agree that we should have more Pips beyond that old long-standing limit of 7 since the game's beginning, I guess, & with more higher ranked spells beyond 10 on the way, I feel that casting more higher ranked spells are getting more and more difficult as we wait to get more Pips through turn after turn in duels after the recent high ranked spells get launched time to time. I really want to have more breathing room to cast more new spells beyond rank 10 & be able to use more Pips to the X Pip spells to deal more damage to tougher monsters. We still need to get through tougher challenges, & we can't do that as long as that old Pip limit is still standing. Don't you agree, Wizards?
No, I don't agree. We'll do perfectly fine without any changes to the pip limit. The only reason to raise the limit would be 15 pip spells, which won't happen in a while.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
We do need more pips. Also I would like for spells with odd numbered pip requirements to ONLY use the amount of pips it needs, and leave the left over pip. Stop taking my pip!!!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Mr Talon on Mar 5, 2015 wrote:
We do need more pips. Also I would like for spells with odd numbered pip requirements to ONLY use the amount of pips it needs, and leave the left over pip. Stop taking my pip!!!
Technically you're not really losing a pip. Power pips count double for your school spells but they're still really just one pip so you don't lose anything. I know it feels like you do and it makes me angry too sometimes. Depending on the circumstances sometimes I'll wait a round before I cast that odd numbered spell thinking maybe I'll get a standard pip. Of course that's when I usually get another power pip! But you can use that off-round to cast a 0-pip spell so the round isn't wasted.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
TucsonWizard on Mar 5, 2015 wrote:
Technically you're not really losing a pip. Power pips count double for your school spells but they're still really just one pip so you don't lose anything. I know it feels like you do and it makes me angry too sometimes. Depending on the circumstances sometimes I'll wait a round before I cast that odd numbered spell thinking maybe I'll get a standard pip. Of course that's when I usually get another power pip! But you can use that off-round to cast a 0-pip spell so the round isn't wasted.
Well, yea. When I use 1 pip spells with a power pip, it should've been half a power pip, turning it into one. Next round, if there is a: You gained a Power Pip! sign, it doesn't give you one, but should fill for the other half of the power pip, turning it into a full power pip.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Oni Slayer on Mar 5, 2015 wrote:
Well, yea. When I use 1 pip spells with a power pip, it should've been half a power pip, turning it into one. Next round, if there is a: You gained a Power Pip! sign, it doesn't give you one, but should fill for the other half of the power pip, turning it into a full power pip.
Why would KI just suddenly change how pips work? It's fine the way it is.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
lewski on Mar 6, 2015 wrote:
Why would KI just suddenly change how pips work? It's fine the way it is.
Agreed. It all boils down to... it's one pip, regardless of whether it's a regular pip or a power pip. It only COUNTS as two if you cast a two-pip spell from your school... but it's still only one pip.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
Oni Slayer on Feb 22, 2015 wrote:
Has it ever bothered you that you have 7 power pips but you use only 10 pips, which goes to 2 power pips? Well, I was thinking there could be spells that is 14 pips for each school. I'm also looking forward to 11, 12, and 13 pip spells. That way, you can use all the pips (which is bad cause next round you have only one pip .) and also deal a lot of damage (good so you can end the battle quickly .) Multi-attack spells with 11-15 pips can come in handy.

This is a Balance Wizard, whose name is to remain unknown, ending the start of this post.
Nah with the new shadow enhanced spells...kinda pointless. Heck the storm squall bugs when you add in just one blade and a colossal on the card...hits for 3-4grand..WITHOUT critical. The abominable weaver hits for 2grand or a little more. Balance spell it's for 2 grand or so. Khrulu like the storm squall bugs is just insane. etce etc. can't wait til I get my death that far. Sigh.33 more levels to go...dang it.