Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Weird site problem

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Each time I go on the main website it says that Wizard101 is down for maintenance and it's been telling me this for the past 3 days. Today I decided to test it and found that I'm able to get into the game despite it saying down for maintenance on the main page. I had to go through google just to get into the message boards here but it doesn't seem many others have this issue. If anyone has any ideas as to what might be causing this on my end, it would be very helpful to know.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2015
i have the same Problem. but i use wizard101/game to get into site. it works

Administrator
Hello,

Make sure you have “Use TLS 1.0” checked in your Internet Explorer options. If you still have issues connecting, please contact Customer Support for more assistance at support@Wizard101.com.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

Make sure you have “Use TLS 1.0” checked in your Internet Explorer options. If you still have issues connecting, please contact Customer Support for more assistance at support@Wizard101.com.
Do you happen to have any fixes for Firefox? I haven't used Internet Explorer for a while now.

Administrator
Joshua Starflame on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:
Do you happen to have any fixes for Firefox? I haven't used Internet Explorer for a while now.
The game launcher is run using Internet Explorer so that is where you need to change this setting.

community@wizard101.com
Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:
The game launcher is run using Internet Explorer so that is where you need to change this setting.
I believe he's trying to get to the website. He said that he can play the game.

Administrator
lewski on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:
I believe he's trying to get to the website. He said that he can play the game.
Nothing on the home page of wizard101.com ever says anything about whether the game is online or offline. The only place you'd see that message is on the patch client.

I guess I'd need a url of what you're looking at, Joshua?

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 20, 2015
had the same problem. Deleted History and Cookies. its fixed now. i dont know what was the problem

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:
Nothing on the home page of wizard101.com ever says anything about whether the game is online or offline. The only place you'd see that message is on the patch client.

I guess I'd need a url of what you're looking at, Joshua?
I saw a message telling me that the site is down for maintenance a few days ago, which could be what he's seeing.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
lewski on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:
I saw a message telling me that the site is down for maintenance a few days ago, which could be what he's seeing.
This is exactly it. For the longest time on the homepage it said the site itself was down for maintenance. As for the URL it's just the basic https://www.wizard101.com. I'll try out what another user suggested and delete the cookies for the main site.

Administrator
Ok, sorry for the confusion. Thanks for clarifying! I hope clearing the cookies works for you.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Feb 25, 2015 wrote:
Ok, sorry for the confusion. Thanks for clarifying! I hope clearing the cookies works for you.
I have just attempted this and unfortunately it didn't work. Oddly enough though on one of my nets(my dad's net) it let me back into the site. However on the other net I use, which I have to switch to when going to the other house, it gives me the message of the main site being down for maintenance. This is a puzzle and... well most times I love puzzles. If I can get anything fixed on my end, I'll post here again with what worked for me.