Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Next updates should include?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
  • Hey I like this game very much, been playing it for a long time. However as the game progressed I have spotted more and more errors which cause the game to become slightly 'Broken'. I believe it the new shadow enhanced spells are a great idea but need further re-balancing. The storm spell needs a considerable chunk of damage taken off if you are going to keep the enfeeble to all enemies on it, another balance is too keep the same damage and remove the enfeeble. I believe the reduction of damage on the death spell was a bit too harsh seeing as the storms spell is stronger than the their 8 pip and 9 pip spell, yet the deaths one is considerably weaker than bone dragon and dr. von. The balance spell is fine but I think it would be better and cooler if it was just an ultimate hydra/chimera cross dealing 7 schools of damage all at 175 each? (This one doesn't need to be implemented but it would be cool). Life, Fire, Ice and Myth are fine as they are in my opinion.
  • Next thing that needs to be improved is the original shadow spells. Strike is a great idea as the ever increasing ice resist and jade gear is good, however I believe it should be reduced to 35% pierce. Shadow Seraph - Has potential to be awesome, but why add incoming damage? Remove it. Problem solved. Shadow Defense thingy can stay the same.
  • Next and final thing is the balance school in general. They are great for PvP and that is fine. However questing is a massive pain. Their blades are minor +25% and +20%. That is fine as they are universal. However, because of this the balance school spells should be more powerful so that they can quest with a bit more ease instead of relying on a partner. This can be done by improving damage of Sandstorm by about 15-20 on it's maximum and minimum. Nova is fine because of weakness I suppose. Ra! What is this?! Why make it deal that much damage? (Same with forest lord really but that had better blades) With Balances blades you need to update Ra. It is hardly any more powerful than Nova and it doesn't give weakness and costs 1 more pip? I know storm is storm but their storm lord deals 690 base and stuns? Ra needs to be made somewhat more competitive with either an AoE black mantle added or a damage buff of about 100 to minimum and maximum. Lastly I think Samoorai needs a damage buff to make it more powerful than Savage Paw and Loremaster needs a damage reduction of about 30 on minimum and maximum.

That is my moan over; Thanks for reading if you have read all the way through. I would appreciate a response if you agree with what I am saying as well as a response if you think what I am saying is complete garbage but I think these are some of the essentials the game needs. Thanks.
ArlenWild

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
ArlenWild on Feb 22, 2015 wrote:
  • Hey I like this game very much, been playing it for a long time. However as the game progressed I have spotted more and more errors which cause the game to become slightly 'Broken'. I believe it the new shadow enhanced spells are a great idea but need further re-balancing. The storm spell needs a considerable chunk of damage taken off if you are going to keep the enfeeble to all enemies on it, another balance is too keep the same damage and remove the enfeeble. I believe the reduction of damage on the death spell was a bit too harsh seeing as the storms spell is stronger than the their 8 pip and 9 pip spell, yet the deaths one is considerably weaker than bone dragon and dr. von. The balance spell is fine but I think it would be better and cooler if it was just an ultimate hydra/chimera cross dealing 7 schools of damage all at 175 each? (This one doesn't need to be implemented but it would be cool). Life, Fire, Ice and Myth are fine as they are in my opinion.
  • Next thing that needs to be improved is the original shadow spells. Strike is a great idea as the ever increasing ice resist and jade gear is good, however I believe it should be reduced to 35% pierce. Shadow Seraph - Has potential to be awesome, but why add incoming damage? Remove it. Problem solved. Shadow Defense thingy can stay the same.
  • Next and final thing is the balance school in general. They are great for PvP and that is fine. However questing is a massive pain. Their blades are minor +25% and +20%. That is fine as they are universal. However, because of this the balance school spells should be more powerful so that they can quest with a bit more ease instead of relying on a partner. This can be done by improving damage of Sandstorm by about 15-20 on it's maximum and minimum. Nova is fine because of weakness I suppose. Ra! What is this?! Why make it deal that much damage? (Same with forest lord really but that had better blades) With Balances blades you need to update Ra. It is hardly any more powerful than Nova and it doesn't give weakness and costs 1 more pip? I know storm is storm but their storm lord deals 690 base and stuns? Ra needs to be made somewhat more competitive with either an AoE black mantle added or a damage buff of about 100 to minimum and maximum. Lastly I think Samoorai needs a damage buff to make it more powerful than Savage Paw and Loremaster needs a damage reduction of about 30 on minimum and maximum.

That is my moan over; Thanks for reading if you have read all the way through. I would appreciate a response if you agree with what I am saying as well as a response if you think what I am saying is complete garbage but I think these are some of the essentials the game needs. Thanks.
ArlenWild
I agree with most of your points, if not, I'm indifferent. I just want to make a correction: Call of Khrulhu has ten more base damage than Dr. Von's Monster.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
No. School balance is fine.

Call of Khrulhu is an all-enemies drain. That's a huge benefit.
Storm is supposed to be high damage, and didn't get the other schools' big health boost from Mali gear.
Balance was absolutely top in PvP and is still very strong. There are many ways to buff and add damage when questing besides changing base damage.

KI got the spells right.

Shrike is perfect as it is. Turtles shouldn't be protected and there are ways to counter.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
As an Exalted Balance Wizard which is also my main I feel like commenting. I first started the game nearly a yea ago. I went from someone calling me A Disgrace To The Wizards Community, to a truly OP well rounded Balance Wizard. I did not really know what I was doing until I met someone in Mooshu and they gave me some hints and clues and helped me quest sometimes. Until that point I was solo. I soloed more than half the game including most of Khrysalis. I didn't find it too hard to do. It took me al little more time is all. I used to like pvp as well. I would like to comment on the new Shadow Enhance spell for Balance. Basically it Stinks. Especially for pvp. You cannot set up for it because you have no idea what school damage it will do. By the time your Storm Opponent (for example) gives himself a couple blades and get a shadow pip, Boom your hit really hard. A Balance Wizard has to guess which blades to use and really can only use smaller universal blades and traps like hex. Don't much care for feints because of the trap it puts on me. My opponent is bound to hit before I am ready. By the time I apply the different spirit and elemental blades and using up my pips my opponent has put on strong blades and ready to hit much faster. If you don't have the proper blades the spell is just not that strong. With all the proper blades and or traps it is very powerful True That Is. But it just takes too much time to accomplish all that. By the time your ready, Your Dead! This is not taking into account all the other things that go one also. This example is just showing the difference in time a straight up hit takes to be powerful. I have asked this before on these boards and I never go any answers. So I Ask Again. -------- If any good Balance Wizards Know A Better Way To Approach Using The New Balance Shadow Enhanced Spell please give me some pointers. I would really appreciate it. Thank You.

Scarlet ShadowStone Exalted

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Okay I still think some enhancements need to be made to the new spells or just remove them from PvP. Another point I am going to include is a balance convert to a random school? Fighting balance is a pain so that would be helpful. And I am not knocking Balance as a school, it is great, I just feel that both Ra and Forest Lord are slightly underpowered compared to the rest of the 58 spells.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Dakota Death on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
No. School balance is fine.

Call of Khrulhu is an all-enemies drain. That's a huge benefit.
Storm is supposed to be high damage, and didn't get the other schools' big health boost from Mali gear.
Balance was absolutely top in PvP and is still very strong. There are many ways to buff and add damage when questing besides changing base damage.

KI got the spells right.

Shrike is perfect as it is. Turtles shouldn't be protected and there are ways to counter.
Dude just no

1 the new spell where way to powerful

2 the death spell is crazy op

3 the storm new its spell it so op it can wipe out a team with one blade

4 people getting 100 resistance is just needs to be cut down

the balance needs to restored!

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
hopefulz33 on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
As an Exalted Balance Wizard which is also my main I feel like commenting. I first started the game nearly a yea ago. I went from someone calling me A Disgrace To The Wizards Community, to a truly OP well rounded Balance Wizard. I did not really know what I was doing until I met someone in Mooshu and they gave me some hints and clues and helped me quest sometimes. Until that point I was solo. I soloed more than half the game including most of Khrysalis. I didn't find it too hard to do. It took me al little more time is all. I used to like pvp as well. I would like to comment on the new Shadow Enhance spell for Balance. Basically it Stinks. Especially for pvp. You cannot set up for it because you have no idea what school damage it will do. By the time your Storm Opponent (for example) gives himself a couple blades and get a shadow pip, Boom your hit really hard. A Balance Wizard has to guess which blades to use and really can only use smaller universal blades and traps like hex. Don't much care for feints because of the trap it puts on me. My opponent is bound to hit before I am ready. By the time I apply the different spirit and elemental blades and using up my pips my opponent has put on strong blades and ready to hit much faster. If you don't have the proper blades the spell is just not that strong. With all the proper blades and or traps it is very powerful True That Is. But it just takes too much time to accomplish all that. By the time your ready, Your Dead! This is not taking into account all the other things that go one also. This example is just showing the difference in time a straight up hit takes to be powerful. I have asked this before on these boards and I never go any answers. So I Ask Again. -------- If any good Balance Wizards Know A Better Way To Approach Using The New Balance Shadow Enhanced Spell please give me some pointers. I would really appreciate it. Thank You.

Scarlet ShadowStone Exalted
You know what I think you are right, Exalted Balance spell is not quite strong but you have to learn the ways of using it, You don't have to agree that Exalted balance spell is not strong.

Here Is A guide On doing PvP. (Remember this is just my opinion on finding ways at PvP):
what you need.
-A good damage pet
-A good gear (Mali Gear is Fine) But for me I recomend on crafting the hat at krylasis. (Spelled wrong. XD)
-I used The Anubis Astrall stufff for more critical blocked but it is fine using the darkmoor wand.
-Craft Loremaster, Best spell to use for spamming or until you haven't got any shadow pip yet.

I usually use loremaster spamming until I haven't got any shadow pips yet, But some people will get mad at you Just Like what always happen to me.

Or it is better If you first use Gaze of fate before spamming loremaster but if they changed your bubble why not dare him\her a bubble war. But if you don't want spamming loremaster or If you dont have loremaster Use scorpion so it wont waste your pips that much. If they have attack you, just like what storm does, Wild bolt spammer. Try on putting shield on your self, after the storm guy doesn't have that much pip heal your self and attack him\her now.

Remember you don't have to use my Guide.
Its just how I do!

Carlos Nightrider
Carlos StormRider
Alex EmeraldWhisper

Try to find me........