Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-30-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello, Wizards! We've circled 'round the days of the calendar, and once again, it's Friday.

Today, let's talk about those big bad bosses. Some of them can be really tough when you first get to them (say, Zeus in Aquila), but after you advance in your Wizard journey and get more powerful, they're not so much of a challenge after all. So, this week, I'm asking - what boss in the Spiral would you choose to rematch at a higher difficulty/level?

And, of course, those who take risks get better rewards (aka - we wouldn't ask you to do this for the same loot). Love to hear your thoughts!

Have a fabulous Friday, and wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
May 16, 2009
First and foremost I personally would love to rematch Cyrus. I'm still angry for that laundry incident.
I can already tell you at least one person (not including me) will say Rattlebones.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Loremaster could be fun at high level with shadow magic.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
Ohhhhh man... hard decisions... But I'm guessing the bosses Luska Charmbeak, Sylster Glowstorm, and Malastaire.

Logan Legendflame Level 66

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
seethe42 on Jan 30, 2015 wrote:
Loremaster could be fun at high level with shadow magic.
Yes. She's fun in the BOXES quest too.

Slyster Glowstorm should make a comeback. He said "you ain't seen the last of me" lol.

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
the classic Lady Blackhope :) or maybe the celestial bosses at the end of Celestia

Survivor
Jun 09, 2014
I think it was be a very very excellent plot twist is Rattlebone's making a comeback in one of the later new worlds, and being the very very and I mean very last boss of a world

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
well, you guys have already made my fan-girl dreams a reality by bringing malistaire back.

(he has been my favourite character from the beginning, but i absolutely loved his spiffy new makeover in xibalba, and even more in the boxes event. everyone on these boards knows how i feel about cheating bosses, but darkmoor is gorgeous and i really wanted to hug him during that cut-scene... like, omg mally, i totally forgive you for trying to kill me, please don't kill me, i love you!)

if i had to pick one (and risk ki actually following through on it), i would love to see mithraya make a comeback. she's gorgeous, and i can only imagine her being even more awesome with shadow magic... except the part when i have to fight her, lol.

-von

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Battling the professors again would be fun or even the ability to run through the entire game again for increased power/abilities would be fun.

I would be happy to battle a mega Loremaster as long as she has a much greater chance of spell drops. Monotonous farming gets old very quickly.

The Darkmoor dungeons brought us some fun cheats to figure out how to offset. I like the opportunities to get specialized gear by repeating bosses at raised difficulty in specialized dungeons.

It would be nice to have dropped gear be less random. For example, battling 50 times does not guarantee we will get each piece of gear. We sometimes end up with oodles of copies before we get that last piece. Consider implementing a way to offer a copy of each piece before duplicates drop. One way to accomplish this could be in the form of a point system whereas we get a point each time we complete the battle that we can trade for a specific piece. Like a key to a gear closet per se.

Another issue is the dungeon time commitment. With increased difficulty, comes a longer period of time spent. After multiple trips, a shortcut to the main boss for farming would be nice.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
The jabberwock... I'd love to teach that thing a lesson or two.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
I like that we fought malistaire again in darkmoor, he has always been a big part of the game (i was mind blown by the pierce) I was thinking we should have another dungeon but with all of the schools teachers, or maybe just a chance to challenge your teacher and see who the real master is. I loved battling Cyrus and Malistaire. I would really like to be able to challenge Merle Ambrose and see what he would have to offer.

like maybe a bad guy has corrupted all of ravenwood with shadow magic and you have to defeat them in a duel to free them and students are the minions to the teachers. The cheats that could be like the battle with malistaire and the bone dragon in the back. For example battling "lydia greyrose" and kelvin in the backround would cast a random frostbite a wizard, or Merle Ambrose and Bartleby and bartleby would cast a random spell of any school every 5-10 rounds.
I put a fair amount of thought into this for a while now

thanks, for reading my feedback

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Loremaster!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Transcendent Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Grandmaster Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Magus Theurgist
Abigail Frogslinger, Adept Conjurer

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
A version of Rattlebones with 13,500 health.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2011
I would love if we could rematch all of the Onis from Mooshu in a single battle!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
The three asteral final bosses in celestia. Astraeus, Ptolemos, and Mithraya. The whole concept of them as charachters alone seems underused. If not a boss rematch I would at least like to see them again.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
The Kraken of Triton Avenue. But this time, make it a 1-wizard battle. And make him a high rank boss.

Every time I've faced him in the story line quest: There was a crowd of wizards and I barely got time in to cast a blade. Now that I know about realms and busy times of day: I can face him solo. But with my lowest wizard at level 52, He's not much of a challenge.

Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
I really like the idea that someone posted in the comments online. I think we should get to fight a evil Master Ambrose. It could add to the plot or it could be another part of another arc. The level of Ambrose should depend on your level, for example if four level tens walk inside the dungeon, Ambrose should have maybe about 1,500 Health. Etc. Etc. Thanks!

Timothy IceSinger Level 92 Promethean Ice

Survivor
Dec 29, 2012
Jabbewock or Belloq. I still like to beat up Belloq once in a while

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Belloq

It might make many players upset but it'll be fun for me.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
I'd say, I want to face Malistare again. He needs to tell Cyrus Drake to apologize to all of us for being rude to us wizards. And also I am trying to beg him to give me his staff. XD

Survivor
Mar 16, 2014
Yes a shadow version of lore master since she collects spells once we defeated her she went off to other worlds some we may have not even visited yet and learned new exclusive spells and challenges us once again to try to learn one of her spells :) lore master is a very famous farming spot which gives people more to do during the update breaks and is very useful also the new lore master would be level limited this time since some of these spells would be shadow spells and would be op in lower level pvp and pve.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I wouldn't mind having more secret bosses throughout the spiral. The kind you just stumble into, and tell your friends about (usually accompanied by "HELP!")

Tumok Gravelbeard is a neat find in the Great Spyre. would be nice if he had a reappearance in Tyrian Gorge: bigger, meaner, calls minions, uses shift and dimensional shift, drops mining themed pets and housing items.

The Collector is a neat concept boss - a free-roaming boss, no level restriction, you can fight her again and again, has an interesting back story. Another appearance of the Collector is in order - a secret room in the Wizard City library, just wander right in, massive boss trying to steal books and relics from the stacks and is not at all pleased about being caught. She's learned some new tricks - spells updated for an exalted.

Lots of folks fondly remember Jade Oni farming, but what if we were poking about in one of those abandoned, darkened doors in the streets of the Forum or along a crooked lane in Stone Town, and stumbled on the convocation of the Demons? Jade Oni, Gurtok Barrier Demon, Plaza of Conquests Gurtok, and Mika Skarka all together against you and your ragtag band of feeble mortals. And when you're done with them, you go up (or down) and find a VERY angry Kogasha, much bigger and badder than before (and stealing a page from Lyon's cheat spellbook). He blames you for an ill-advised Pigswick expedition to recapture his heart, and is through with puny dragons and phoenixes.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Who to fight...

...why not just make a shadow realm where you fight shadow magic versions of ALL THE BOSSES.

Imagine traveling to a new shadow magic world where...

...a wizard's journey continues; but also begins again!

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
- Nordri and his brothers, dancing again like in the old days ;+D
- a new plot with Meowiarty teaming up with Dr Jackall
- an epic Mooshu dungeon with 3 fights against Fushiko, Youkai & Yakedo and a final epic battle versus 4 ninja pig bosses : a clan made of Tamauji, Do-Daga, Aiuchi & Maito
- defeat the Crucible teachers all at once : Iona Pyrelance, Katia Firewinter, Valerik Brightsword & Rurik Flamesoul
- Belloq again, this time looking for astral artefacts in Celestia
- a nightmarish den with Ogre, Ogre Gaoler, Porrish & Eurgh the Grinder
- Ponce de Gibbon in a Monquista preview (like the Pirate101 tavern in the in Five B.O.X.E.S)
- Hisser, hired in Gobbler King's kitchens in Colossus Boulevard ;+P

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}