Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

evil or good?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
i think it would be awesome if wizards made it were you can choose if you want to work with or against merle like be with malistaire and morganthe or be with Merle and Gamma i think it would be cool

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
babybop223 on Jan 11, 2015 wrote:
i think it would be awesome if wizards made it were you can choose if you want to work with or against merle like be with malistaire and morganthe or be with Merle and Gamma i think it would be cool
Well, that would require a whole new story line, with new creatures, quest, etc. Also, how would we learn new class spells if clearly we wouldn't be learning from our teacher anymore if you're evil?

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Learn from an evil assortment of evil teachers. The only thing I would adjust to the idea is make a new villain with new worlds that does this in the next expansion. This way you don't alter the timeline or story.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
wraithcaster on Jan 12, 2015 wrote:
Well, that would require a whole new story line, with new creatures, quest, etc. Also, how would we learn new class spells if clearly we wouldn't be learning from our teacher anymore if you're evil?
All they would have to do is reverse everything and make it were we are helping the evil people and fighting the good people example instead of fighting malistaire we fight merle and instead of fighting morganthe we help her it'snot hard and obviously they could make new teachers

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I think there's a lot of potential behind the developing a choose-your-own-path questline concept. It would provide sorely needed differentiation for the player base.

The only--and I emphasize only--reason I would hesitate to support this is that it potentially manufactures conflict between players. Not that I have a problem with someone else's goals being different from my own, but I question how family-friendly that idea is and whether KI would approve of it.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
babybop223 on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
All they would have to do is reverse everything and make it were we are helping the evil people and fighting the good people example instead of fighting malistaire we fight merle and instead of fighting morganthe we help her it'snot hard and obviously they could make new teachers
It is still hard, you can't just reverse the coding with a button press. KingsIsle would have to make a ton of new stuff. Honestly, I don't think this is in any way necessary and would just complicate things.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
babybop223 on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
But how will evil characters fight Merle and the good characters continue going like normal? And if KI were to develop 2 separate storylines, each one would get less funding and likely less quality.

Survivor
May 16, 2014
That would need a whole new story line. That is too much work for KI and I think it would be kind of confusing and you could not meet as many people.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
wraithcaster on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
But how will evil characters fight Merle and the good characters continue going like normal? And if KI were to develop 2 separate storylines, each one would get less funding and likely less quality.
they can do that it's not hard they would go by just like it was just like your going by, by doing side quests . there are about 10,000 i know that want a evil side that are in the game so i mean . and it wouldn't get less funding cause you would still have to pay for membership you would have to decide which side you want its not hard it is very simple why do you think its so difficult it would be like any other thing in the game

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I don't think this is likely to happen. KI is all about being "Kid Friendly" and promoting an evil class of protagonist is not going to happen. Also, the idea of this being a simple coding change is laughable. Consider all of the residual interactions that something like this would effect. From trading TC to Hatching to Team Up functions. Obviously a "good" player could not be expected to cooperate with a "bad" player and vice versa. And this would also require alternate sigils for virtually every battle. Essentially something like this would almost certainly have to be an entirely new game.

How about - Warlock 101? (The Dark Side of the Spiral)

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
babybop223 on Jan 14, 2015 wrote:
they can do that it's not hard they would go by just like it was just like your going by, by doing side quests . there are about 10,000 i know that want a evil side that are in the game so i mean . and it wouldn't get less funding cause you would still have to pay for membership you would have to decide which side you want its not hard it is very simple why do you think its so difficult it would be like any other thing in the game
Because the budget still has to be split fairly between everything, if people just keep buying the same amount of memberships, then you still have to fund two storylines at once. And it isn't just like anything in game. It will affect the game's budget for features and it's story throughout it's continued existence. And if you pick good and a friend you enjoy having as a friend picks evil, what will happen? Keep him? Friend an evil being wanting to conquer the Spiral? And friends don't seem very evil.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
That would be epic but I am pretty sure most everyone would side with Malistaire(I know I would) if they had a choice and besides Malistaire is dead already and isnt coming back. but for the sake of the topic I think they should make it so only certain schools can join either faction. So for Ambroses side you can be a storm, life, ice, or balance wizard while on Malistaires side you can be a Fire, Death, Myth, or balance wizard. i put balance as a neutral school only because there are seven schools of magic and they had to be split evenly.

Mason Greenbane Exalted

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
TucsonWizard on Jan 14, 2015 wrote:
I don't think this is likely to happen. KI is all about being "Kid Friendly" and promoting an evil class of protagonist is not going to happen. Also, the idea of this being a simple coding change is laughable. Consider all of the residual interactions that something like this would effect. From trading TC to Hatching to Team Up functions. Obviously a "good" player could not be expected to cooperate with a "bad" player and vice versa. And this would also require alternate sigils for virtually every battle. Essentially something like this would almost certainly have to be an entirely new game.

How about - Warlock 101? (The Dark Side of the Spiral)
there are a lot of games and shows that promote the villians a lot of kids now love evil they promote malistaire,morganthe , ymir all the evils in the game too not just the good people and not really the spells pets and everything could stay the same and they can just turn the sigils and everything to make it where the bosses and enemies are working against you to help merle and thats basically what i'm saying it would be a part of the game but a whole different one

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
DarkWIZard98x on Jan 18, 2015 wrote:
That would be epic but I am pretty sure most everyone would side with Malistaire(I know I would) if they had a choice and besides Malistaire is dead already and isnt coming back. but for the sake of the topic I think they should make it so only certain schools can join either faction. So for Ambroses side you can be a storm, life, ice, or balance wizard while on Malistaires side you can be a Fire, Death, Myth, or balance wizard. i put balance as a neutral school only because there are seven schools of magic and they had to be split evenly.

Mason Greenbane Exalted
he's actually keeps coming back over and over Example: malistaire:when you first enter the game at lvl 1 , malistaire: when you get to dragonspyre . Malistaire the undying: Xibalba , Malistaire the undying: Darkmoor just because he supposely goes with his wife doesn't mean morganthe isn't going to bring him back again also you still have morganthe to be you person to help also the school part i don't like the idea cause some ice wizards and life wizards (like me ) want to be evil so that wouldn't be fair

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
babybop223 on Jan 19, 2015 wrote:
he's actually keeps coming back over and over Example: malistaire:when you first enter the game at lvl 1 , malistaire: when you get to dragonspyre . Malistaire the undying: Xibalba , Malistaire the undying: Darkmoor just because he supposely goes with his wife doesn't mean morganthe isn't going to bring him back again also you still have morganthe to be you person to help also the school part i don't like the idea cause some ice wizards and life wizards (like me ) want to be evil so that wouldn't be fair
First of all Malistaire specifically says at the end of Darkmoor that "We will NOT meet again" and thats it, done over. Malistaire is gone forever. And not only that but Morganthe is also dead as she fell into the spiral and is gone, her story line is over. I chose the life, ice, and storm schools for the light faction because those are the good pure schools. However I chose Fire, Death, and Myth for the dark faction because those schools cause the most mass destruction and chaos in the world. Besides if you don't like being an ice you can always choose a school on the dark faction just a thought.