Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need Advice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
I'm a level 91 storm wizard. I've just gotten to the boss fight with Zaltanna. I can't seem to beat her I've tried multiple times with different deck builds and some different gear. I'm using avalon crafted gear since I can't find any good teams to run Tartarus with. If you have any deck builds or gear advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Gear should be OK. Crafted and Waterworks are really best at that level. Make sure you have good block. The crafted boots are nice. Use a block wand too.

Deck you want is blades, damage aura, colossal AoEs and not much else. You can storm shield until you kill the minions. heals over time can be good too if you have a mastery.
I'd have something like this:

Shield
Heal
Mass Prism
Aura
Blade
Sharp Blade
Stacking blade (or trap)
Feint
Colossal
Temp (for backup)
Sirens

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
Just beat Zaltanna as a storm. Key to winning was using Healing Current spells in conjunction with Vengeance (20% increase in going critical). Also, put treasure Feints and Leviathans in treasure deck for boss and used regular deck for minions (except for a few regular Feints to be used with boss - these work together with treasure Feints). This allowed me to defeat minions as fast as possible with Sirens. So, defeated minions with a Storm Blade, Balance Blade, Vengeance, and Sirens (went critical). While waiting for pips I Storm Shielded a couple of times. Then nearly fully healed with a couple of Healing Currents (went critical). Storm and Balance bladed, put regular Feint and treasure Feint (70% + 70%) on boss and used Leviathan. Did that twice. Done.

By the way, like many, it took me many, many times to figure out how to defeat this challenge. Every time I'd go back to this, I hoped KI had changed this battle to allow friends to help. However, I get it it now - it's purpose is to force you to learn how to fight your wizard at a level that will allow you to battle through the rest of Khrysalis. Up to this battle, I never used Healing Current or Vengeance as I didn't understand their value. Use them all of the time now.