Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you get the best out of your Balance?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2010
I know there are 'fan sites' with guides on how to best play your Balance Wizard but I'm curious...how do you get the best out of your Balance?
Do you mainly play with other players and basically support them(with blades, traps, heals) or are you a stand alone fighter and if so what strategies/spells do you utilize? What gear do you find gives you the best performance?

I am a level 100 Balance so more interested in you high level Balancers...however all levels are welcome to post their comments.

Austin Swiftpants

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
OK Prior to Level 100 Shadow Enhance Gear from Darkmoor this is what I used the most. Now mind you I Soloed most of Avalon. Azteca. and the fist Half of Khyrsalais (I was lucky and had a great partner for the second half of Khrysalis.)

Part 1

Hats - I crafted 2 hats I traded in and out depending what school I was fighting. They are high resist and high critical hats also with some good accuracy.

Hood of Harmonious Trade and Trader Hood of Fairness

Robe - I really liked the robe that Poseidon dropped in Tartarus.

Poseidon's Armor of Depths - gives 22 damage some block nice pip chance and I think 65 critical.

As for boot I got them from the crown shop.

First I used the Perfect Poise Boots but I changed to Sorcerer's Castle Striders. Giving 22 Damage a lot of Block and Resist and Health. 12 Pip chance.

Athame - was lucky to get Blade of the Felled Titan from Cronus. It the best before Castle Darkmoor drops.

I like my level 98 crafted rings better than the one Gladiator drops. If you want more damage than that is better. But I go for Block and Resist more. Here again I change rings depending on the school I am fighting. I have 4 different rings total.

On the third fight in Tartarus Hades dropped The Exalted Life Amulet for me. But prior to this I always used the regular Life Amulet. I just think you can't go wrong being able to heal yourself t will.

I used the Hades wand until I got the one from Darkmoor.

I used enhanced decks that I crafted also.

I

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Also would mention I crafted all available Balance Spells and Love LoreMaster and Savage Paw. I was pretty successful at PVP until the Shadow Enhanced spells came out. Now the Balance Shadow Enhanced Spell Is not good enough for PVP and or takes too long to set up before your opponent will have already killed you. So you have no advantage in PVP with that spell as the other schools do.

Now since the new Balance spell is not practical to use I just delegate myself as Tank, Setup, and Heal person in the dungeons. Luckily I also have a full set of Jade for that use. It's nice to be able to provide that service for the other stronger school now. But I really miss my hitting as I had built up my damage for that reason.

All that being said I have replaced most said gear with the gear dropped in Castle Darkmoor. It really balances our all your stats very nicely.

About strategy. I keep several different decks but mainly use 2. Mob deck is filled with blades and RA. kills pretty effectively if you have high critical which I do.

Have a regular Boss deck with blades traps mostly just hex and feints and bubble heals and big hits.

For balance bosses I use the same but only put in Chimera along with spirit blades and traps. A lot of feints and hexes are a must also.

Balance Mobs I use my set of death gear and use Deer Night and have been very successful with this strategy. I grow death blades in my garden for this purpose as well.

So you see why I was a very successful Solo Balance Wiz. I usually only asked for help as a last resort. I had trouble getting help with a boss in Khyrasils once named HIsser. Just went in and killed him solo using plenty of heals. I 've since killed many times farming for the nice pet he drops.

Anyway I hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free.

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
Balancealot on Dec 29, 2014 wrote:
I know there are 'fan sites' with guides on how to best play your Balance Wizard but I'm curious...how do you get the best out of your Balance?
Do you mainly play with other players and basically support them(with blades, traps, heals) or are you a stand alone fighter and if so what strategies/spells do you utilize? What gear do you find gives you the best performance?

I am a level 100 Balance so more interested in you high level Balancers...however all levels are welcome to post their comments.

Austin Swiftpants
i would suggest level 90-100 gear like tatarus or secret boss in mount olympus and the darkmoor dungeon. i do both the strategies you mentoined so i use alaiving hands, ra, chimera, balanceblade and bladestorm, etc.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I'm a much lower level than you but I find blades and blade stacking to be very helpful.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2010
Wow nice details in your post HOPEFULZ33...thanks and I'm sure others reading it will find it useful too.

Anyone else have ideas/suggestions?