Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bloom Active Equals Detail Loss

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2014
Ok, so some of you might be able to toggle your Bloom Active and some cannot toggle it at all. For those of you with good graphics you have the option checked by default. The problem with Bloom Active is that it is like looking into a flashlight. The white balance is way, way, WAY too high. Versus deepening the blacks to bring out white, the white in all the color is pumped up to the point that it is blinding. While you get a vibrant burst of color, you lose all the detail. If you have not tried I encourage you to test this for yourself. Find a space that is bright, carpets work well as do statues, and look at it with Bloom Active on. Then, look at the same structure again with it off. You will marvel at the detail difference.

I do not understand why this is a default feature in the game. You are cheating players out of a ton of detail. I could see having it in the game if you at least offered an option to adjust the white balance down because brightness does nothing for it but leave the items bright while darkening the screen. This is a serious missed opportunity and one I am surprised has not been addressed. With this feature active and tuned as is, places like Celestia, Atlantea, Waterworks, and anything containing water, water falls, or light colors has detail loss. Have you guys (Developers) not run with this feature on and off to see the vast amount of detail you are losing? I mean you could leave it in, but tweak it down at least so the detail remains. I would seriously love feedback from anyone at KI who has tested this and can explain the logic of this feature being a default.