Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is making a life worth it?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 22, 2011
I've been around in this game since Celestia came out, and the level cap was 60. I've played as Death since then, and have enjoyed it much. (Just ran Castle Darkmoor) I've played Ice, and Myth, but I need some new blood. Is Life worth it? I see spells like Guardian Angel, and that temps me, but then spells like Spinasaur (With not the best animation) Kinda drags me down. Is it worth it?

-The General

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
For me personal i wouldn't say its worth it. mostly bc I personally feel that the school isn't fun at all. I know people that enjoy the school and i really like the spell Guardian Angel but i feel that this just lacks the animation to make the school more less enjoyable. and there aren't any multi attacks really for this that's fun except forest lord. and last battles drag on to long if you solo. others may think different tho but again that's just me and wt i think about the life school.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
General Jack Squat on Dec 4, 2014 wrote:
I've been around in this game since Celestia came out, and the level cap was 60. I've played as Death since then, and have enjoyed it much. (Just ran Castle Darkmoor) I've played Ice, and Myth, but I need some new blood. Is Life worth it? I see spells like Guardian Angel, and that temps me, but then spells like Spinasaur (With not the best animation) Kinda drags me down. Is it worth it?

-The General
It's your call in the end. Personally, I don't recommend doing it unless you have a dedicated teammate (or second account) to help you level up. AoE hits are not forthcoming, and Forest Lord is still one of the slowest AoE spells that exist. If you have that kind of patience to solo it, then more power to you, but make no mistake it is one of the longest paths you can take.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
General Jack Squat on Dec 4, 2014 wrote:

-The General
I enjoy my Life wizard, though the battles do take longer than some schools. It's next to impossible to be defeated, if played correctly, and can be extremely powerful (again, if played correctly). If you are basing a school on spell animation, I can't help you much. And if you don't like it, you can easily delete the new wizard.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Lucas Rain on Dec 4, 2014 wrote:
It's your call in the end. Personally, I don't recommend doing it unless you have a dedicated teammate (or second account) to help you level up. AoE hits are not forthcoming, and Forest Lord is still one of the slowest AoE spells that exist. If you have that kind of patience to solo it, then more power to you, but make no mistake it is one of the longest paths you can take.
I disagree completely. Life is only hard to solo during a littlle period around Celestia before you get Forest Lord. After that it's one of the easiest to solo through the upper worlds. It took no longer to solo up through End than my Myth did, and was faster than Storm, Ice, Balance and Death who all required a little help with certain bosses.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
seethe42 on Dec 4, 2014 wrote:
I disagree completely. Life is only hard to solo during a littlle period around Celestia before you get Forest Lord. After that it's one of the easiest to solo through the upper worlds. It took no longer to solo up through End than my Myth did, and was faster than Storm, Ice, Balance and Death who all required a little help with certain bosses.
I tend to agree with Seethe on this one. The only real problems I had soloing with a Life was going up against groups of Life enemies before I got Mass Prism. It can be slow going at lower levels if you go solo. My first wizard was a Life and I didn't create a second wizard until my Life was in Celestia and it certainly was a surprise to find how much more quickly the battles could go with other school wizards. Faster battles but a lot more dying with the other schools. Also, depending on your opinion of demanding "friends", playing a Life can be a boon or a bane. They never leave you alone.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
The newest spell for Life:
Hungry Caterpillar

Should have been an AoE spell. :/

-Level 100 Life Wizard

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
Speaking only for myself... I really like the life school, but that's because I love having the ability to help other people, to jump into a fight where someone is struggling and save their life. That said, it isn't for everyone. Life mages solo slowly, and fights often become grind-y. They shine more in a group context, where the heals help keep people out of trouble and allow tackling tougher opponents.