Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I hope someone will listen to what I have to say

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
Hello

Mostly through the whole game,I've been using henchmen to help me. I just feel like its easier for me. Since there aren't really anyone to play with,nor I have friends online. I've seen a lot of people doing battles solo..but I can't do solo battles,cause I die too fast. I once heard someone say to me "why waste your crowns?" Is it wrong to use henchmen to help me? But I don't want to waste all my crowns on henchmen if I can't do solo battles. And since I do use them,its going to take me a long time to finish this world by the rate that I'm going. I feel like I have a good deck of cards. I sometimes regret picking Myth as my school. And most of the time when I ask for help in the game. I feel ignored. I just brought a bunch of treasure cards. But I still need the help of a henchmen. The gear that I have on my wizard is pretty high in health and mana. So I don't understand why I am losing health in battles so fast.

Jennifer StormHunter 74

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Hello,

You have done several things "right" in order to achieve level 74 so far, don't beat yourself up to much about the methods you chose to get there.

Please forgive me if any of my input on your situation appears rude.

Health and Mana are, of course necessary, but do not neglect Accuracy to prevent fizzles, Critical Hit/Block, and the use of either Shields, or built in resistance through your gear, or Pets. Examine gear carefully and look at the whole picture of how it will benefit you, not just one good statistic.

You may not like to use your Myth school Minions, but consider this the next time you spend Crowns on a Henchman; Myth Minions cost only Pips, and both are on an A.I. system.

You may also want to consider a different play style; if you set up for dealing damage but have no resistances, try the opposite and see how you like it. Another option might be to multiple sets of gear to duel specific damage types.

I hope you taken advantage of the many Training Points you could have acquired through side quests while progressing, to apply towards secondary school spells. Perhaps investing in a Mastery Amulet will help benefit you as well. Popular spells are Satyr from Life, Feint from Death, as well as several from Balance such as Spirit Blade/Trap, and Reshuffle.

The Astral schools in Celestia and beyond offer very beneficial spells as well, if you haven't learned any of them yet.

Use another school's magic for your wand to eliminate all forms of Weakness, or in-Accuracy charms.

I hope some of these suggestions assist you in your progression through the Spiral.

Best of luck to you,

Gabriel

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Aloha,

I quest with a friend all the time. We both have level 78 Ice wizards but he always loses health quicker than I do even though he has resistance and I have none. It seems to be tied to his critical block rating which is much lower than mine (like "duh" right?). At any rate, I will take more damage but it seems to drain my health slower. Maybe take a look at your resistance and critical blocks? You're doing great anyway and getting to level 74 is no small accomplishment. If you need some help with quests, please let me know. We, my friend and I, are having trouble finding people to quest with.