Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Darkmoor's difficulty

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
After experiencing all dungeons myself I'd say they are well... pretty hard. My idea is to have settings for the dungeons that would favor both "hardcore" and casual players. These settings would be Simplified (Play through an easier version of this dungeon) and Normal (play through the original difficulty of this dungeon). The Simplified version will get its drop rate reduced a little bit while the Normal version will stay the same. These settings can go for all 3 Castle Darkmoor Dungeons (Castle Darkmoor, Upper Halls, Graveyard).

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
This has been suggested several times over the past, but no response from KI on it so far.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
interesting proposed solution. There do seem to be a great range of ages that play this game as well as varied dedications. I've never seen this option in an online game but have seen it in offline games. I'm sure that if this happens people will still cry unfair, but it is a chance to offer a harder thing to players who don't have the abilities at a fairer lesser drop rate.

Survivor
May 21, 2009
Personally i think if they aren't going to lower the difficulty, then each battle should have a guaranteed drop rate of some gear. Not just the reagents that are worthless most of the time, but actual useful drops.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
FrelaB on Nov 25, 2014 wrote:
interesting proposed solution. There do seem to be a great range of ages that play this game as well as varied dedications. I've never seen this option in an online game but have seen it in offline games. I'm sure that if this happens people will still cry unfair, but it is a chance to offer a harder thing to players who don't have the abilities at a fairer lesser drop rate.
I believe DDO (Dungeons & Dragons Online) has this option. I used to play that game and you had the ability to select the from different difficulty levels, and I believe one was only available to paying customers or members. I can't remember the exact options, it's been a while since the last time I played.

I don't really know what the difference was with the varying difficulty levels other than the higher the difficulty, the higher the XP. I don't know if there were better equipment rewards for the more difficult dungeons. I would assume there was, but I can't say for sure.

But I have to concur with David. It doesn't matter what dungeon it is, I wish there were guaranteed drops for going through those things, not just a chance. The only thing that drove me more crazy about this game than fighting 90 Fire Lion Ravagers to get 8 guide staffs was running through Waterworks dozens of times only to find my best drop was a Delicious Cookie. That is extremely disheartening to put all of that time and effort into nothing.