Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feeding pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2012
Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
Go to pet pavilion, pick a game in which you want to play and when the game is over, they will have the food you have collected at the bottom of the screen and you can choose which treat you wish to feed your pet

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
You have to complete playing a game in the Pet Pavilion first (doesn't matter which one) and then choose a snack you want to feed your pet and feed it to him.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2014
you have to finish a pet game then you can feed your pet.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
In addition to feeding snacks to your pet after completing a pet game you can feed them unwanted items from your inventory. You'll always get gold by doing this but not as much as you would get from selling it at the Bazaar. You also have a chance to get Treasure Cards and random reagents, sometimes really rare stuff like sunstone or scales. And on very rare occasions you can get a boost to your pet's XP. Usually one or two points but as much as four.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
TucsonWizard on Nov 21, 2014 wrote:
In addition to feeding snacks to your pet after completing a pet game you can feed them unwanted items from your inventory. You'll always get gold by doing this but not as much as you would get from selling it at the Bazaar. You also have a chance to get Treasure Cards and random reagents, sometimes really rare stuff like sunstone or scales. And on very rare occasions you can get a boost to your pet's XP. Usually one or two points but as much as four.
I almost always get 6 when I do get the XP for pet and it's usually from crown seeds/items that I got as drops.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
seethe42 on Nov 22, 2014 wrote:
I almost always get 6 when I do get the XP for pet and it's usually from crown seeds/items that I got as drops.
I wish I was that lucky. Honestly, I can only remember getting 6 XP ONCE! But you're exactly right regarding Crown seeds and items. I've found that they definitely have a higher chance of giving XP. Sometimes I find myself hoping that my drops are "No Auction" so I can feed them to my pet(s), especially if I have one close to leveling.