Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Favorite Schools?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
Hola! ♥
I'm quite curious to know what everyone's favorite schools are, and what they like about them.

• I like storm because I like to pump out powerful attacks, but the fizzle irritates me.
  • I like death (Deer Knight, woo) because of drains, which are basically my way of staying at high health.
  • I also like balance because blades and traps are AMAZING.
So what's your favorite school?

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Hi!

My favorite school out of them all is Ice
I always like the... I guess.. the element of Ice. Of how you can shape it to be whatever you want.
I know that's not the case here, but to me, Ice is really strong, resistant, and overall, has some pretty awesome spells. Toss in a few life spells for good luck and you got a wizard who will not fall without a fight.
~ Sean Iceblood

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
I have to say , it is so cool how everything is in flames and how much damage it does! I am making a ice wizard also so I am going to see if I like it also.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
I like every school in it's own way!

I have six level 100s! A Balance, Storm, Ice, Fire, Death, Life!

Out of all.... hmmmm... that's hard I would say my favorite is life. It' mostly cause of health and heals. But the only good attack (in my opinion) is the forest lord

Anyway nice meeting you all!

-Brady FireBringer Family! - There whenever you need them!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
storm is, by far, my favourite school.

my diviner was the last wizard i created. i deleted my first one at around level 17ish (couldn't deal with all the fizzles), but i caved and made a new one. her name is sestiva stormblade; she was my third wizard to reach max level (80, 90, and 100), and the first to finish the game.

when farming instances like morganthe, sestiva is usually the designated hitter; it's odd for me, because i sometimes forget how powerful she is. i played balance and death first, so i'll be like, 'oh, this won't kill', only to have it do 200k damage.

now, you don't usually hear the words 'storm' and 'tank' in the same sentence. but, when sestiva hit level 80, i decided to forgo critical, in favour of heavy defense. at level 100, she has only 3300 health, but she also has 92% damage, in addition to 40% resist and well over 200 block across the board (no hades or morganthe elite gear in her setup, either). so, by storm standards, she is a tank.

compared to balance and death, it was super-easy to get balanced stats for storm. whatever sestiva lacks in crit rating, she makes up for in landing huge hits while taking damage like a boss.

right now, i'm messing around with a noob diviner i made on an f2p account. yes, the fizzles are annoying, but knowing what he'll eventually become (if i keep the account) is kind of awesome.

(his name? seth stormblade)

-von "go big or go home" shadowsong

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Because of the Egyptian lore and history and also because balance can not be easily shielded against.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2013
I like a lot of them, but i would say that ice and storm are my favorites. I like ice because it hardly ever fizzles, and i love that storm is super powerful, but ditto, the fizzle irritates me. In the account i use the most i am a level 24 ice, but my secondary school is storm. Ice fits my personality more, so if i had to choose i would probably say ice. Jadesonga

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
I think I like Ice the best, even though I'm death and myth. Ice cannot heal until their level 58 or 56 quest. Well, they might but it's not good. But if Ice and Life combined just think about it, or even storm and ice! Or storm and life. But ice carries the most health going over 5000-6000 depending on what you're wearing. 3000 automatically. But, say you went down to 300 health and you're life side of you healed yourself, and you have 6000 health ready to go again, with some pretty solid-stable attacks you can depend on.