Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

World Critiques!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
Hi! I just wanted to share my thoughts on how the game was going so far (I just arrived in Stone Town, Zafaria) I wanted to rate each world and share a little bit of what I thought was good and what was bad.

Wizard City: This world was beyond awesome. I loved every aspect of it. It just seemed so festive, and it has a lot to it. Plus it seems like it's always busy (I understand that it has important places like the Bazaar and Shopping District). I wanna see more worlds like it Rating: 8.5/10

Krokotopia: This was the world I was most looking forward to. I was a bit dissapointed when at first (the Oasis bored me, and I wasn't a fan of the Pyramid of the Sun). Once I reached the Krokosphinx it got better since I unlocked the Balance School and Krok housing. Overall, it didn't reach my expectations but it was a solid Egyptian theme. Rating: 7/10

Marleybone: Oh....this was my second-to-least favorite world. I enjoyed Regent's Square and Digmoore Station, but I couldn't STAND the streets. Too narrow and difficult to traverse...ugh. I liked the British nighttime theme, but I think KI could've done more. Also hated Big Ben and Counterweights. Rating: 4.5/10

Mooshu: I totally underestimated this world. I expected a simple Japanese-run-through world. It was the complete opposite. It incorporated the Japanese architecture and villages (I love Japan) and was just beautiful. Loved everything about this. Rating: 8/10

Dragonsphyre: This place was too dang long!!!! I hated the dungeons, but the Roman theme wasn't bad. The enemies got boring, but I liked the final battle. Excellent conclusion. Rating: 6.5/10

Celestia: .....this is my absolute LEAST favorite world. I cannot STAND this one whatsover. It made me lose interest in W101 for about a year. I immediately didn't like the underwater theme, and the astronomy made it more difficult. And I still don't see how Morganthe matters in this world?? I hated the Science Center so much, as well as the District of Stars....ugh. 3.5/10

Zafaria: Thank you KI for making a world the complete opposite of Celestia!!!! I'm at Stone Town, and I love it so far! Baobab is a fresh African theme, and the Savannah and Zamunda are very smartly crafted. Honestly, just an enjoyable world and EASY to understand (unlike CL). Rating: 7.5/10

Wysteria: MY FAVORITE WORLD!!! It's funny because it doesn't have an actual theme, but I love it. It's classy, fresh, and fun to play in. Also it has good humor and is just wonderful. Rating: 9/10

Grizzleheim: I could never get into the hang of this world, but I still liked it. I don't see how Nick Jonas played a part here (??) but it's very unique and incorporates enjoyable Norse mythology and ancient Vikings (who doesn't like Vikings, right??). Rating: 7/10

Overall, I love all the worlds (even MB and CL) . I think P101 has more interaction, but W101 has a much better plot and storyline. I'm excited for Avalon, and Azteca and Khyrsalis look neat too. Good luck in your quests! -ND

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
What I learned from traveling the spiral is that when you see dogs (B.O.X.E.S. event excluded), prepare for mission tangents that don't seem related to your goal. I feel like I'm an errand boy when I'm around them and none of them really see the big picture. I found that humans, bears, insects, forest critters, and safari animals are pretty good at keeping you focused though.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Valencian Wanderer on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:
Hi! I just wanted to share my thoughts on how the game was going so far (I just arrived in Stone Town, Zafaria) I wanted to rate each world and share a little bit of what I thought was good and what was bad.

Wizard City: This world was beyond awesome. I loved every aspect of it. It just seemed so festive, and it has a lot to it. Plus it seems like it's always busy (I understand that it has important places like the Bazaar and Shopping District). I wanna see more worlds like it Rating: 8.5/10

Krokotopia: This was the world I was most looking forward to. I was a bit dissapointed when at first (the Oasis bored me, and I wasn't a fan of the Pyramid of the Sun). Once I reached the Krokosphinx it got better since I unlocked the Balance School and Krok housing. Overall, it didn't reach my expectations but it was a solid Egyptian theme. Rating: 7/10

Marleybone: Oh....this was my second-to-least favorite world. I enjoyed Regent's Square and Digmoore Station, but I couldn't STAND the streets. Too narrow and difficult to traverse...ugh. I liked the British nighttime theme, but I think KI could've done more. Also hated Big Ben and Counterweights. Rating: 4.5/10

Mooshu: I totally underestimated this world. I expected a simple Japanese-run-through world. It was the complete opposite. It incorporated the Japanese architecture and villages (I love Japan) and was just beautiful. Loved everything about this. Rating: 8/10

Dragonsphyre: This place was too dang long!!!! I hated the dungeons, but the Roman theme wasn't bad. The enemies got boring, but I liked the final battle. Excellent conclusion. Rating: 6.5/10

Celestia: .....this is my absolute LEAST favorite world. I cannot STAND this one whatsover. It made me lose interest in W101 for about a year. I immediately didn't like the underwater theme, and the astronomy made it more difficult. And I still don't see how Morganthe matters in this world?? I hated the Science Center so much, as well as the District of Stars....ugh. 3.5/10

Zafaria: Thank you KI for making a world the complete opposite of Celestia!!!! I'm at Stone Town, and I love it so far! Baobab is a fresh African theme, and the Savannah and Zamunda are very smartly crafted. Honestly, just an enjoyable world and EASY to understand (unlike CL). Rating: 7.5/10

Wysteria: MY FAVORITE WORLD!!! It's funny because it doesn't have an actual theme, but I love it. It's classy, fresh, and fun to play in. Also it has good humor and is just wonderful. Rating: 9/10

Grizzleheim: I could never get into the hang of this world, but I still liked it. I don't see how Nick Jonas played a part here (??) but it's very unique and incorporates enjoyable Norse mythology and ancient Vikings (who doesn't like Vikings, right??). Rating: 7/10

Overall, I love all the worlds (even MB and CL) . I think P101 has more interaction, but W101 has a much better plot and storyline. I'm excited for Avalon, and Azteca and Khyrsalis look neat too. Good luck in your quests! -ND
My favorite is Wizard City, where it all starts, and probably Mooshu. I actually really like Marleybone, but could do with fewer dungeons. :)

Zafaria, although looking awesome, drove me bonkers with the 'do not collect' quests and repetitive nature of it all.

Celestia was similar but it was more of the massive change in difficulty at first. Once I get past that, I rather enjoy it.

Will I ever see a world beyond Zafaria? Doubtful since I solo all the time and don't have hour upon hour to dedicate to a game. But I'm hopeful with my little level 48 Life wizard.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
Ooh I want to do this too!

1. Wizard City- Wizard City makes me think of Harry Potter. Ravenwood is Hogwarts, and the town is Hogsmeade. And since I love Harry Potter, I love WC. Everybody's always busy, and it's just like a little, small, bustling market town. I also really like how this is kind of the stereotypical wizard place. Rate- 9/10

2. Krokotopia- No. Just no. Rate- 3/10

3. Marleybone- YES YES YES!!! THIS IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE WORLD! One of my favorite book series is the Infernal Devices, and Marleybone seems like it came straight out of that series. I love the clockworks, and I love how they're cats and dogs. I love the Victorian British theme, and I adore the nighttime. I love the whole airboat ride too. Rate- 5000/10

4. Mooshu- I was very excited for Mooshu. I started this game when I was about 5, and I remember seeing pictures of Mooshu on the W101 website and being like, "Ooooh I want to go there!"
I was a little disappointed. It took me a long time to finish, and it's kind of boring. But the attention to detail, and the adding of Japenese culture and architecture was awesome. Rate- 5/10

5. Dragonspyre- Dragonspyre is literally like, my home. Being a Pyro with a secondary in Necromancy, it seemed like this world was made for me. I love when you travel back in time, and I love riding the dragon up to the last dungeon. The conclusion was awesome and I loved the battle with Malistaire. The story behind it was also very cool. The only thing was the roads were a little boring. Rate- 8/10

6. Celestia- Um, exactly the same as you. Rate- 4/10

7. Grizzleheim- OMG I LOVE GH. It's not Marleybone but it's my second favorite and I adore it. Bears, Wolves, and Ravens are some of my favorite animals, so obviously I loved that. The theming was excellent, and again, I loved the nighttime-like theme. And I love the music. I don't really like WT though. Rate- 9/10

8. Wysteria- The whole competition was cool. Rate- 7/10.

Yeah, I had to do that.

Bailey Skullvault, Pyro

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Let me let me!!

Wizard City- Quick, easy, and enjoyable to work in! Rating 8.6/10

Krokotopia- The dungeons were boring, and I didn't like the Pyramid of the Sun or the Krokosphinx much. Rating 4/10

Marleybone- Boring, long, and no sidewalks. Ugh! Rating 2/10

Mooshu- Not bad, It wasn't too long, the plot was pretty good. An all-around world. Rating 6/10

Dragonspyre- Long, too many dungeons, but I loved the final dungeon. So all in all, meh. Rating 3.5/10

Celestia- My least favorite world. It was long, boring, confusing, and the plot was just scrambled together. Rating -10/10

Zafaria- Great world! Only problem was the collecting quests. There are too many of them, and the collect rate is horrrible, but great otherwise! Rating- 8.9/10

Avalon- Wonderful! I personally loved it, thought it was a bit long. Rating- 10/10 (Don't argue with me on this )

Azteca-UGH! Down there with Celestia! I hated it, It was too hard, it was too long, and the ending was bad. Rating- 0/10

I'm not far enough in Krysalis to rate it so yeah. Pardon My spelling

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Wizard City
It's so Hogwarts. 10/10

Krokotopia
The side quests are really interesting because they give me the world's story without having to collect books. I hate collecting books. But I'm not gonna give it a ten because I just didn't like it as much as some other worlds. 9/10

Marleybone
I got pulled soo much until I learned a good technique to stay safe. Impatience is op though. It's a pretty short world, so I'm done with it quick if I just get on with it, but it's usually one and a half weeks for me due to laziness. My reluctance to play the world may come from the countless errands the dogs make you do for them, though. 7/10

Mooshu
Oh, Mooshu. I like the world, but my Myth, Storm and Death struggled so hard to kill the mobs in some parts. 8/10

Dragonspyre
Long and kinda tedious, especially for Death and Fire due to the abundance of mobs from those schools. Oh look, my two favorite schools have a hard time there. The world is beautiful and the story is well made, though. 8/10

Celestia
Long and interesting. Verry nice. There was a huge leap in difficulty, though, which caused me to struggle when I was a noob. Now it's not a problem. The world is really beautiful, though, and The Floating land looks like it was combined with Azteca to make Skull Island in Pirate101. 9/10

Zafaria
I don't remember much about Zafaria, mostly that it was beautiful, Defeat and Collect 10 quests, and Rank 11 Elite Death mobs. But it wasn't all that bad. It was really interesting, oh, and did I mention it was beautiful? 8/10

Avalon
Long world. It was kinda dark at times, but that's it's beauty. I'm really happy I had help with Ghost Avalon on my Death, it would have been horrible. 80% resist, no prisms allowed. Then there's Jabberwock. It took me seven henchmen to do it on my own. But the world was still beautiful and really interesting.

I will continue this in another post.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Continued from my previous post.

Azteca
My favorite world by far. It's just so beautiful and green and beautiful and lush and beautiful. And there are so many plants! I would live there if I could. Did I mention that it's beautiful? I personally don't understand all the hate this world has gotten, I had no problem soloing most of it. And no, I didn't spam henchmen. I never did the Moon school quest though, I hope it isn't needed for some future Astral Spells. Mangrove Marsh is also a great place to farm for Black Lotuses and Agave Leaves. Also it's beautiful. But my favorite place in Azteca has to be Cloudburst Forest and Alto Alto combined. The amount of different plants is just simply astonishing, the forest just seems to glow with colors, although mostly green. The giant waterfall made my jaw drop when I first saw it. I think KingsIsle did an absolutely fantastic job with this world. You're brilliant.

Whoops, I seem to have used half the character limit just for Azteca and Doctor Who references. 10/10

Khrysalis
Really good, I don't usually think this world deserves the hate it gets, but I do when I fight cheating bosses. Well, not fully, because I still defeat the bosses, usually on the first try if I know the cheats and have prepared. It's still a great world and a worthy ending for Morganthe's arc though, it deserves 9/10

Grizzleheim
Great world. The first part doesn't give nearly any XP at all, even though it's tougher than the world you're probably in when you go there. The second part makes up for it though, and the story is great. Also, spells and pets. 9/10

Wysteria
It's an okay world, like it's neat and all, but the headmistress' attitude towards Ravenwood is agonizing for me, and so are some of the students. It doesn't give as much XP as one could think either, what with the 700+ health mobs and all. It might be my least favorite world, but it's still good. 7/10

As you can probably see from my ratings, I absolutely love this game. Keep going Kingsisle!

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Alura BH on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:
Let me let me!!

Wizard City- Quick, easy, and enjoyable to work in! Rating 8.6/10

Krokotopia- The dungeons were boring, and I didn't like the Pyramid of the Sun or the Krokosphinx much. Rating 4/10

Marleybone- Boring, long, and no sidewalks. Ugh! Rating 2/10

Mooshu- Not bad, It wasn't too long, the plot was pretty good. An all-around world. Rating 6/10

Dragonspyre- Long, too many dungeons, but I loved the final dungeon. So all in all, meh. Rating 3.5/10

Celestia- My least favorite world. It was long, boring, confusing, and the plot was just scrambled together. Rating -10/10

Zafaria- Great world! Only problem was the collecting quests. There are too many of them, and the collect rate is horrrible, but great otherwise! Rating- 8.9/10

Avalon- Wonderful! I personally loved it, thought it was a bit long. Rating- 10/10 (Don't argue with me on this )

Azteca-UGH! Down there with Celestia! I hated it, It was too hard, it was too long, and the ending was bad. Rating- 0/10

I'm not far enough in Krysalis to rate it so yeah. Pardon My spelling
(Whoops I meant Rating- -100/10 for Celestia!0