Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When to update my gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 24, 2014
Hello, I am pretty new to the Wizard101 game and I have made a character (Ice) and I just hit level 10. I was looking at the Bazaar and noticed there are different gear for different levels and was wondering when I should update my gear. Should I upgrade every 5 levels? 10 levels? 20 levels!?! Just something I am currently wondering.

~Thank you very much

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I usually check the bazaar every 5-10 levels up until around 55-60. Once you get to that level crafted and dropped gear is better than bazaar gear.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Hello,

In the Bazaar, you will find gear for your Ice wizard every 5 levels up to level 50, then every 2 levels. Each zone you're progressing through also offer vendors which have gear for sale. The gear vendors within the zones have limitless supplies, but the Bazaar's stock changes randomly due to supply and demand.

Many people suggest using an opposing school wand to avoid activating your school's Blades/Traps for eliminating "Weakness" spells.

Good luck in the Ice school,

Gabriel

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Venrukii on Oct 6, 2014 wrote:
Hello, I am pretty new to the Wizard101 game and I have made a character (Ice) and I just hit level 10. I was looking at the Bazaar and noticed there are different gear for different levels and was wondering when I should update my gear. Should I upgrade every 5 levels? 10 levels? 20 levels!?! Just something I am currently wondering.

~Thank you very much
Yes. Upgrade as often as new gear is available.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Great question. You should upgrade your gear every 5 levels. However at Higher levels Such as lvl 56 is where some really nice critical gear is Available. At around there gear can get iffy and you should check around for the best gear. However baseline is every 5-10 levels is a gear change. Such as 10,15,20,25,30,35,40 ect ect wil give you much greater Boosts. Also you should get into crafting so you can craft gear at higher Levels (trust me the gear at higher leveles is Awesome). Hope that helps Venrukii

Andrew Frosthunter Level 100

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
You should check every 5 to 10 levels. Don't expect to change everything every time, but you'll probably find something that can be upgraded. Some of the best level 15 and level 30 items can last 15-20 levels, and Waterworks gear (at least some of it) can get you from 60 all the way to 100, so don't think you HAVE to change things that are working. Usually it's gradual upgrades though.