Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My suggestion for Cleanse Charm and Death Jades

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
It's incredibly difficult to kill a Death Jade. They're just going to spam you with weaknesses, particularly Bad Juju, until you quit. Cleanse charm is unfortunately not enough, and a cleanse that removes all negative charms is a bit much. I propose we meet in the middle with a spell that cleanses off all negative charms of one type, 2 pips, Storm. This way, a Death Jade will be almost unable to completely lock you down with Juju, but it's still not super OP, as very rarely are any large number of a single weakness placed on a target outside of Jade Death spam.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Unfortunately, if I played you as a death jade and you had this spell you have described, it wouldn't stop me from spamming Bad Juju on you. Bottom line, I would still have more negative effects than you could possibly have negative effect removers--unless you set your deck specifically for a death jade. Plus, at 2-pips per cast, you won't be able to cast it repeatedly for long, so it creates the perfect window for me to begin the spamming process all over again.

Maybe the focus needs to be on negative effect prevention, rather than removal? Maybe something like a no-pip weakness-specific dispel, or a spell that converts duplicated (spammed) negative effects into positive ones?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
What about 2 pips and remove last 2 negative charms, in the same way Sirens removes 2 blades?

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
seethe42 on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
What about 2 pips and remove last 2 negative charms, in the same way Sirens removes 2 blades?
What about a spell like EarthQuake in Reverse, where it removes all the Negatives on the person
casting the spell?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Veracity8 on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
What about a spell like EarthQuake in Reverse, where it removes all the Negatives on the person
casting the spell?
It's already been discussed that a spell like Shatter for charms would be too OP. I personally think Earthquake needs an upgrade, not a reverse. Make Earthquake a hit all spell, not a hit all enemies spell. Or make the after effect clear ALL shields, blades, charms on both sides for an increased pip cost. I think removing just 2 is a more practical approach to balance things. It doesn't make charms completely useless like your idea does.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
This is a great idea for a new spell. If they add it in with the next level cap then it should be given to storm. And if they are going to make a spell to remove charms then there should be one to remove traps as well. This should be given to myth.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Lucas Rain on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
Unfortunately, if I played you as a death jade and you had this spell you have described, it wouldn't stop me from spamming Bad Juju on you. Bottom line, I would still have more negative effects than you could possibly have negative effect removers--unless you set your deck specifically for a death jade. Plus, at 2-pips per cast, you won't be able to cast it repeatedly for long, so it creates the perfect window for me to begin the spamming process all over again.

Maybe the focus needs to be on negative effect prevention, rather than removal? Maybe something like a no-pip weakness-specific dispel, or a spell that converts duplicated (spammed) negative effects into positive ones?
Just because it wouldn't be very effective in this situation you described doesn't mean it shouldn't be introduced. Every spell in the game has its use in a particular situation.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Ghost stone on Sep 13, 2014 wrote:
Just because it wouldn't be very effective in this situation you described doesn't mean it shouldn't be introduced. Every spell in the game has its use in a particular situation.
You are correct in that it is a good idea. It would have a use. I am just thinking of fixes that will change the PvP culture to make it immediately playable again. Death jades are frankly spoiling it for a lot of people with an exploit of Cloak and Bad Juju, so we need the solution to convince them that this strategy is no longer viable. If the spell doesn't stop the behavior, it isn't really a fix.