Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potion Vendors

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
Hey I just thought that it would be a great idea that we a potions vendor in every world. I'm tired of having to leave the world i'm in just to go all the way to the commons to got refill my potions bottles. I want to know how everyone else feels about this as well.

Blaze Fireshard lvl 100
Edward Shadowflame lvl 23
Edward Skydreamer lvl 25

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Why buy potions? It takes less than a minute playing Potion Motion to refill all my potions for free. You only need to play until level 3 then quit and it's filled. And the games are available in the common areas or right off them in every world.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Although it only takes a few minutes to refill potions using mini-games, I would still like to see other potion vendors.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I agree to this. When I'm in wysteria doing Tower of the helephant, its annoying to have to travel back to Wizard City, especially if the others are just waiting to kill the final boss.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Sure, it may take minutes to play a game to refill a mana potion.

And yes, a wizard can always travel all the way back to the one potion vendor in the Commons Area too.

However, who's ever died, and gone rushing back to battle with little or no mana; and had the thought...

...man, it sure would be great to be able to buy a potion from a nearby vendor right about now!

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
I would like this... Even though I wouldn't use it seeing how I can get four full potions in under a minute.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
seethe42 on Sep 8, 2014 wrote:
Why buy potions? It takes less than a minute playing Potion Motion to refill all my potions for free. You only need to play until level 3 then quit and it's filled. And the games are available in the common areas or right off them in every world.
Yes I understand that I could play mini games instead of buying potions. But I would normally run out of potions when i'm doing a dungeon. and sometimes when i'm doing them ill die and i'll just flee the battle so that my team mates wont waste there pips trying to heal me. when I flee and i'm out of potions I wanna just hurry and get back to the dungeon as soon as possible. I don't wanna waste and time at all doing a mini game. Just when I can go out to buy some potions. I think it would be convent if there was a potions vendor in every world so that we can hurry back to a dungeon that we might have fled from

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I agree with Seethe.
Mini-games are just a port and a jump away at most and you can refill three bottles in about the same time it would take you to buy the potions (if you consider the time it takes to farm the goods to sell for the gold you use to buy the potions)

If you do insist on buying them, leave a mark - un-equip all of your houses and port back to the dorms - then you can just step into the Commons, run up to the Fairgrounds and boom, there's whats-her-name ready to sell you exorbitantly priced potions!

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
Historian
Jun 19, 2010
The same argument can be made about tapestries.
Tapestries allow players to quickly navigate to certain locations like the Bazaar; without having to walk through the Commons Area.

Not everyone is going to have or use them; but it sure gives a player this option if they have one!

Some players simply want to quickly refill their mana potions without having to waste time playing games, or hiking back to the Commons.

Thankfully, Wizard 101 will continue to offer and provide many ways to approach and play this fantastic game; while evolving and growing to meet the needs and demands of current and future players worldwide.

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
It barely takes 5 minutes to fill up your potion bottles using the games, I do agree with this idea. If you're doing a dungeon with your friends and you need to flee due to health/mana, you don't have a couple minutes to play a game to get your potions. It would be a lot easier to have a vendor in each world, even though I personally might not use them that often.

Melissa Daydreamer